Top Posters In This Topic

We smashed the newly promoted baggies 6-0 in 2010

---------Cech--------

Azpi--Iva--Terry-Cole

------MvG--Ramires--

Kdb----Oscar--Hazard

----------Lukaku--------

will be the lineup i think.

One instance in a half-dozen. We nearly lost to Wigan in 2005/06, and it took an absolute fluke from Drogba to beat Hull last time round.

If the players have a good mindset heading into this game, then we'll win it 2-0 or 3-0, with a degree of comfort. Act as they did on multiple occasions last year against lesser teams and we'll struggle to sneak a 2-1.

Hull..one of those rank English towns up north like Leicester,Sunderland,Bradford where one wonders if it might have been better if the Luftwaffe had just vaporized the place so humanity could start again.

There's some nice places up north but Hull and the other 3 ain't one of them.

Hull..one of those rank English towns up north like Leicester,Sunderland,Bradford where one wonders if it might have been better if the Luftwaffe had just vaporized the place so humanity could start again.

There's some nice places up north but Hull and the other 3 ain't one of them.

As a 'Conqueror' - would have thought you'd have known geography :)

Leicester = Midlands :)

Amazing how the general consensus about Moses has went from "shit player who we should sell to Everton for 7m" to "he should be a starter ahead of KDB" in under a month!

It seems our opinions can only be on the extremes..

Or different people are sharing different opinions at different times. :clown:

For what it's worth I've never said either.

One instance in a half-dozen. We nearly lost to Wigan in 2005/06, and it took an absolute fluke from Drogba to beat Hull last time round.

If the players have a good mindset heading into this game, then we'll win it 2-0 or 3-0, with a degree of comfort. Act as they did on multiple occasions last year against lesser teams and we'll struggle to sneak a 2-1.

Absolutely. Our poor record against the lesser sides was arguably the main reason we did not challenge for the title and had to wait for ages to seal a Top 4 finish last season. Continue with that attitude this time and we won't get anywhere again. And not to mention, with Spurs, Everton and United away to come in our first 6-7 PL matches, it's games like this that we need to ensure that we win with no place for complacency whatsoever. Also, some have got carried thinking we will just walk over Hull. A solid and decent 2-0 or 3-0 win will do for me given it's the first game of the season and all. Will give us a platform to build from and give confidence to the players.

Or different people are sharing different opinions at different times. :clown:

For what it's worth I've never said either.

I didn't say they were the same people, but all the opinions being expressed about Moses took a very dramatic turn from extreme to the other in a very little time.

+ in 2007 we only just beat Birmingham with 3-2. Anyway, in my books one instance suffices to disprove "always". 5 instances hardly form a rule either. I am quite sure myself we won't win this too high but if Lamps is fully fit and Lukaku has his scoring boots on we can easily crush this 2nd tier defense by 5.

+ this Hull team is weaker than the one we beat in 2009. They got fuckin Nick Proschwitz who was not even good enough for SC Paderborn as a striker...

I didn't say they were the same people, but all the opinions being expressed about Moses took a very dramatic turn from extreme to the other in a very little time.

I still think he's a great sub, but he just doesn't perform as well when he starts.

And that's the main reasons Kevin starts in my lineup :P

Amazing how the general consensus about Moses has went from "shit player who we should sell to Everton for 7m" to "he should be a starter ahead of KDB" in under a month!

It seems our opinions can only be on the extremes..

It is indeed ridiculous. KDB did way better than oscar and better than moses in general. And he had an extremly good season in Germany ( not that i expect people to have watched him before judging ofcourse.)

It is indeed ridiculous. KDB did way better than oscar and better than moses in general. And he had an extremly good season in Germany ( not that i expect people to have watched him before judging ofcourse.)

Moses maybe was our best player on pre-season games.

Honestly I'd start Moses based on performances if we were to play a team that would try to carry the ball into our own half, but I'd rather expect a defensive-minded, stubborn Hull display, so less direct players might be more beneficial. KDBs crosses and through balls can unlock any defense and his shot could be useful, too. The same applies for Oscars slick dribbling. My gut says Mourinho will leave our direct wingers Schürrle and Moses on the bench for this one.

Whatever happens, a solid win could be useful in sending a message to the other clubs. we need to show that we mean business from the word go. In Mourinho's first EPL game we beat United with Gudjhonsen scoring the goal. We need to thump Hull and thump them hard. Though it will be hard, it isn't impossible with the quality of players we have.