Chelsea vs Hull City

BlueLion.

Maybe Hull are a rubbish side but that doesn't really matter does it? I mean, it all comes down to who perform on the day itself. How many times have we said our opponents are poor, rubbish etc only to then come unstuck against them? QPR easily comes to mind after what happened last season. No doubt we should win given the quality we have in our ranks but the players' attitude and mindset need to be spot on here. Otherwise, we aren't going to have it easy on Sunday.

Even the QPR side of last season was a class above this Hull team, that's how bad they are, Steve Bruce worked miracles to get them up but not even he can stop them nosediving this time.

I do agree however that the attitude has to be right however, the tough(est) part will be breaking down their jumbo jet.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the QPR side of last season was a class above this Hull team, that's how bad they are, Steve Bruce worked miracles to get them up but not even he can stop them nosediving this time.

I do agree however that the attitude has to be right however, the tough(est) part will be breaking down their jumbo jet.

In fairness on paper, that QPR side were a decent team.

I'd expect Hull to finish dead bottom to be honest, they just don't have the quality for the Premiership, and haven't brought enough players in. Cardiff will do well, can see the Cardiff City Stadium being a fortress for them and teams won't like coming there.

Norwich and West Ham will be suprise packages for me. Norwich have bought very very well.

In fairness on paper, that QPR side were a decent team.

I'd expect Hull to finish dead bottom to be honest, they just don't have the quality for the Premiership, and haven't brought enough players in. Cardiff will do well, can see the Cardiff City Stadium being a fortress for them and teams won't like coming there.

Norwich and West Ham will be suprise packages for me. Norwich have bought very very well.

With West Ham it wouldn't be a surprise, Allardyce's forte is taking unfancied clubs and overachieving with them, i reckon the surprise package this season could be Stoke, people look to harshly on Hughes at his time at QPR, Redknapp (who many wanted here instead of Rafa) didn't do much better and Sparky before QPR had a fantastic track record in the PL, similar to Big Sam's.

With West Ham it wouldn't be a surprise, Allardyce's forte is taking unfancied clubs and overachieving with them, i reckon the surprise package this season could be Stoke, people look to harshly on Hughes at his time at QPR, Redknapp (who many wanted here instead of Rafa) didn't do much better and Sparky before QPR had a fantastic track record in the PL, similar to Big Sam's.

I think Stoke will do well too. People are tipping them to go down but I think they'll finish midtable. Think WBA will really push on under Clarke though. He's a made a few cracking signings.

Got to keep in mind that we have 3 matches in a space of 8 days! It's like last season all over again! :rant:

Why are you complaining? It's fantastic for us fans. After a traumatic 2 months, football returns. The more, the merrier!!

We have the squad depth too this time to manage the fixture congestion!

Why are you complaining? It's fantastic for us fans. After a traumatic 2 months, football returns. The more, the merrier!!

We have the squad depth too this time to manage the fixture congestion!

hmm, but it'd still be better if we had only 2.

Monday Night Football with Man United? Weird. Usually our games are in the afternoon.

Monday Night Football with Man United? Weird. Usually our games are in the afternoon.

I agree that our game against Utd should have been on a weekend! Don't know the concept behind Sky's decision in doing that!

Got to keep in mind that we have 3 matches in a space of 8 days! It's like last season all over again! :rant:

Don't see a problem with it. After a long summer with no football I think its brilliant to get back in the running of things with 3 games in 8 days. These are professional footballers who are able to deal with it, and it gives us a great chance to build momentum heading into the United game.

We've had loads of games against United at night time in the past few seasons. The two Champions League ties, The Sunday game last year was dark because of what time of year it was. The midweek one where Luiz and Lampard scored and we won 2-1. The Carling Cup game aswell.

I prefer Monday Night Football big games to be honest. Atmosphere is much better at night time games aswell.

Don't see a problem with it. After a long summer with no football I think its brilliant to get back in the running of things with 3 games in 8 days. These are professional footballers who are able to deal with it, and it gives us a great chance to build momentum heading into the United game.

We've had loads of games against United at night time in the past few seasons. The two Champions League ties, The Sunday game last year was dark because of what time of year it was. The midweek one where Luiz and Lampard scored and we won 2-1. The Carling Cup game aswell.

I prefer Monday Night Football big games to be honest. Atmosphere is much better at night time games aswell.

Yea games @ Night r awesome. The atmosphere is amazing. Problem is it's at Old Trafford (but u'll only hear our fans anyway). 3 night games in a row! Villa, United and Bayern!

Except this time we have a much stronger squad to deal with it!

Thankfully :D

Wonder who will start out of Ba and Lukaku? After Jose's comments about Torres struggling against teams that will play deep he will completely contradict himself playing Torres for this one.

Wonder who will start out of Ba and Lukaku? After Jose's comments about Torres struggling against teams that will play deep he will completely contradict himself playing Torres for this one.

Ba has been bad throughout pre-season. I think Lukaku will get the nod.

I'd be very surprised if Lukaku didn't start.