Chelsea vs Hull City

BlueLion.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For American viewers, what channels are the games gonna be on this year? I heard we can watch every game, every week this year!

The games will be on NBC and some of its subsidiaries, mainly NBC Sports. We won't be able to get every game, but most of them.

Here's a rough schedule:

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/29/premier-league-tv-schedule-for-nbc-sports-group-released/related/

Find out the match officials in action for the opening matches of the Barclays Premier League

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

Anthony Taylor will take charge of Saturday's match between Arsenal and Aston Villa

The Select Group Match Officials appointments have been made for Barclays Premier League fixtures from 17-19 August 2013 and are as follows:

Saturday 17 August

Liverpool v Stoke City (12.45pm)

Referee: Martin Atkinson

Assistants: P Kirkup, S Long

Fourth Official: L Probert

Arsenal v Aston Villa (3pm)

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: H Lennard, M McDonough

Fourth Official: A D'Urso

Norwich City v Everton (3pm)

Referee: Michael Oliver

Assistants: J Brookes, A Halliday

Fourth Official: J Adcock

Sunderland v Fulham (3pm)

Referee: Neil Swarbrick

Assistants: J Collin, D Eaton

Fourth Official: D Coote

West Bromwich Albion v Southampton (3pm)

Referee: Kevin Friend

Assistants: M Scholes, R Ganfield

Fourth Official: C Foy

West Ham United v Cardiff City (3pm)

Referee: Howard Webb

Assistants: M Mullarkey, D Cann

Fourth Official: K Stroud

Swansea City v Manchester United (5.30pm)

Referee: Phil Dowd

Assistants: G Beswick, D Bryan

Fourth Official: L Mason

Sunday 18 August

Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (1.30pm)

Referee: Mark Clattenburg

Assistants: S Child, S Beck

Fourth Official: M Jones

Chelsea v Hull City (4pm)

Referee: Jonathan Moss

Assistants: S Burt, L Betts

Fourth Official: A Marriner

Monday 19 August

Manchester City v Newcastle United (8pm)

Referee: Andre Marriner

Assistants: S Ledger, P Bankes

Fourth Official: P Dowd

Wednesday 21 August

Chelsea v Aston Villa (7.45pm)

Referee: Kevin Friend

Assistants: G Beswick, J Collin

Fourth official: S Attwell

How Clattenburg and Friend are still referee's in the biggest football league on earth is beyond me

First post!

I can't see anything other than a comfortable win, assuming we get a goal before half time. I doubt Hull will 'go for it' as it would be too risky for them to risk losing 4/5/6-0 in their first game and therefore I see them lining up in a deep 4-5-1 with the intention of defending deep. In response, it's pretty obvious that we'll need some creative flair to get that early goal which will force Hull into 'coming onto us' a little bit more and in turn creating more space.

Cech

Iva Terry Luiz Cole

VG Rammy

Oscar/Moses KDB Hazard

Lukaku

I'm pretty surprised none of you are giving Hull a chance...

You don't get out of the Championship if you're a bad side... They can definitely make life difficult for us...

First game or the season is a lottery - anything can happen...

It will probably end up 1-1 or maybe 2-1 - I'm just being realistic.

However if we do win by a huge margin - I will be shouting loudest - just think it's a little arrogant to underestimate our opposition, we could be guilty of doing what Bayern did - and look how that turned out. ;)

Didn't Bayern win 3-1 after missing a penalty?

Saw the score but I didn't watch their game.

I agree remember what happened to City and United last season. Southampton almost got 6 points out of them!

I follow a good bit of the Championship, and they're a poor side. They went 1-0 up last season and sat back with 11 men behind the ball, not the prettiest.

Usually i would agree with what you said, but this Hull side are absolutely awful, their goal difference in the championship was single figure's, i still don't know how they got up. These could (quite easily) be another Derby 2008.

Maybe Hull are a rubbish side but that doesn't really matter does it? I mean, it all comes down to who perform on the day itself. How many times have we said our opponents are poor, rubbish etc only to then come unstuck against them? QPR easily comes to mind after what happened last season. No doubt we should win given the quality we have in our ranks but the players' attitude and mindset need to be spot on here. Otherwise, we aren't going to have it easy on Sunday.

Maybe Hull are a rubbish side but that doesn't really matter does it? I mean, it all comes down to who perform on the day itself. How many times have we said our opponents are poor, rubbish etc only to then come unstuck against them? QPR easily comes to mind after what happened last season. No doubt we should win given the quality we have in our ranks but the players' attitude and mindset need to be spot on here. Otherwise, we aren't going to have it easy on Sunday.

You could say the same about us going up against AFC Wimbledon then, its what happens on the day.

Hull are a poor side, we should be beating them 3 or 4 nil and we will.

You could say the same about us going up against AFC Wimbledon then, its what happens on the day.

Hull are a poor side, we should be beating them 3 or 4 nil and we will.

You are basically just repeating my point when yours weren't exactly implying that earlier...

Your saying Hull aren't a bad side and we must be careful or we might not win.

I'm saying we're going to smash them.

I'm not saying Hull aren't a bad side. They are well probably one but all I'm saying regardless of that, we need to make sure we head out on Sunday with the right attitude. Otherwise, we might well come unstuck just like it has happened in the past when we supposedly come up against the bad sides.

Your saying Hull aren't a bad side and we must be careful or we might not win.

I'm saying we're going to smash them.

I think what he's trying to say is that, in the Premier League anyone can beat anyone with the right attitude. We were miles better than West Brom last season when it comes to player quality, yet we lost to them. They are a bad side, yes. but we need to perform to beat them. and the first step in performing is to treat every game the same, let it be City or Hull.