Real Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have not seen madrid under ancelotti. any idea how they are playing? under jose real were playing in a very similar style to what we have played in the last 2 games. decent possession football, direct play but extremely lethal on counter-attacks. infact that is jose's MO, i feel. be it inter, real, chelsea (past) and chelsea (present).

i want to see how the pivot of rambo-mvg would fare against the sheer class of cr/kaka-ozil/isco-maria/illaramendi. oscar will have to double up to make our 4-2-3-1 into 4-3-3. flanked by hazard and moses, i feel we would be a good threat on the counters. also want to see how azpi fares against cr. lukaku up ahead as he would get a lot of space behind the RM defence. luiz should start if fit coupled with JT and cole.

the 2nd half would be difficult as i just cant see how mikel-essien pivot would be able to deal with RM's mid. also mata's defence liabilities thru the center and on the right wing (ronaldo's) would not help the cause but i ll take my chances with iva vs cr. BA upfront against the likes of pepe and ramos would barely provide us with anything special, so for once i ll prefer torres.

i expect a high intensity match with both teams (and coaches) out there to prove a point.

1st half - cech; azpi, luiz, jt, cole; rambo, white-rambo; moses, oscar, hazard; lukaku.

2nd half - schwarzer; iva, cahill, luiz, bert; mikel, essien; mata, kdb, schurlle; torres.

6AM Kick off :o To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question.

Can't wait! Never seen a Chelsea vs Real Madrid game, so very very excited about this! Interesting to see if Jose steps up and plays our best 11 or goes with the same approach of changing players at half time as before. Not doing so might be clear indication of him accepting something personal in the fixture. I have a feeling he won't let it get to the players, and treat it like any other friendly. Because, frankly, a loss could then damage the good momentum we've built up going into this.

i have not seen madrid under ancelotti. any idea how they are playing? under jose real were playing in a very similar style to what we have played in the last 2 games. decent possession football, direct play but extremely lethal on counter-attacks. infact that is jose's MO, i feel. be it inter, real, chelsea (past) and chelsea (present).

i want to see how the pivot of rambo-mvg would fare against the sheer class of cr/kaka-ozil/isco-maria/illaramendi. oscar will have to double up to make our 4-2-3-1 into 4-3-3. flanked by hazard and moses, i feel we would be a good threat on the counters. also want to see how azpi fares against cr. lukaku up ahead as he would get a lot of space behind the RM defence. luiz should start if fit coupled with JT and cole.

the 2nd half would be difficult as i just cant see how mikel-essien pivot would be able to deal with RM's mid. also mata's defence liabilities thru the center and on the right wing (ronaldo's) would not help the cause but i ll take my chances with iva vs cr. BA upfront against the likes of pepe and ramos would barely provide us with anything special, so for once i ll prefer torres.

i expect a high intensity match with both teams (and coaches) out there to prove a point.

1st half - cech; azpi, luiz, jt, cole; rambo, white-rambo; moses, oscar, hazard; lukaku.

2nd half - schwarzer; iva, cahill, luiz, bert; mikel, essien; mata, kdb, schurlle; torres.

From what I've seen they're still trying to adapt to Ancelotti's style. He tried to play with CR7 more in the middle, rather than on the wing where he's the most effective.

When they play with Ozil and Isco together it doesn't really work out, whenever Isco has a few good mins, u dont see Ozil. And whenever Ozil is good u don't see Isco.

Also Benzema can be a top striker one game and a bad striker the other, this is not because of Ancelotti though..

So after 6 pages of pre-match discussion we have learned that

1) playing real madrid makes a lot of forum members horny

2) playing real madrid in the USA makes a lot of forum members sleepy

:clown:

No, seriously, I wonder if Mou will choose to play Mata and Hazard simultaneously, with either Oscar or KDB completing the 3 AM positions. This would probably leave us too exposed defensively... But can he really leave Mata out of the "A Team"? He is still our best player I feel.

So after 6 pages of pre-match discussion we have learned that

1) playing real madrid makes a lot of forum members horny

2) playing real madrid in the USA makes a lot of forum members sleepy

:clown:

No, seriously, I wonder if Mou will choose to play Mata and Hazard simultaneously, with either Oscar or KDB completing the 3 AM positions. This would probably leave us too exposed defensively... But can he really leave Mata out of the "A Team"? He is still our best player I feel.

And 3), I take no shit from anyone!

I think if Jose starts De Bruyne - Oscar - Hazard again in this game then that is a indication of what his preferred attacking trio will be, which is bad news for Mata!

I must tell you that no mata how they try mata will still make the difference team, which will bring me to say that a good team with quality

boyfriends come and go, football stays forever ;)

Also, it's not my problem he doesn't like football. There must be something wrong with him! And I only asked him to reschedule the date from a Sunday night to a Monday night, so it's all good... at least for me ;)

Hang on... WHAT? He doesn't like football? Where you from Barbara?

Not many of us have ever seen Chelsea play Real Madrid. It's the type of occasion to really look forward to. 1998 was a long time ago. 1971 was the time before that, fucking light years ago!

I hope we can get Real in the UCL.