Sun Life Stadium, Miami
02:00 Kick Off (UK time)

[Match kicks off at 9pm in US on 7th August]

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2009 .
We played pre season with Milan and Inter in USA. Our #11 Drogba scored a screamer against Milan. We played our former manager Jose.
Our first EPL match was against Hull City. We went on to become champions.

We again played Milan clubs in pre season. Our #11 Oscar has scored a wonder goal already. We now play our former manager King Carlo.
And our 1st EPL match is against Hull City.....

I don't think we'll beat Real as they are, quite frankly, an amazing team. You can go on about José knowing the players and whilst that will work in our favour, Madrid are just superb. Who can handle Ronaldo? BUT that doesn't matter - whether we win or lose, this is going to be a superb work-out for the players. We have good momentum and a good performance here will make it the best possible pre-season we could have had.

I would love to beat these just to wipe that smug face of those Madrid fans.

Ruined brats of fans, they think this is there revenge on Mourinho, revenge on what? the guy who won you the league 1/3 times with competing against the best team in the world. Horrible club, we may have money but I tell you what they don't have the players like Lampard or Terry the ones who will give it all for this club no matter what, selfish players and selfish fans.

Amazingly, this will be the first time we face Real Madrid, in terms of both competitive and friendly matches, since 1998 where we beat them in the UEFA Super Cup.

And again, please do take note of the match time stated above. It will be on 7th August in US and 8th in UK, Africa, Asia etc.

I don't think we'll beat Real as they are, quite frankly, an amazing team. You can go on about José knowing the players and whilst that will work in our favour, Madrid are just superb. Who can handle Ronaldo? BUT that doesn't matter - whether we win or lose, this is going to be a superb work-out for the players. We have good momentum and a good performance here will make it the best possible pre-season we could have had.

Bull...Chelsea can beat ANYBODY! Nothing is superb about Real.

Here we go. An interesting topic. This game is much more than friendly encounter, I believe.

Both teams will start their best players, I feel. In Jose we trust. Certainly, Jose would love to win it.

Actually Mourinho said this in his presser after the match today:

For us it's very good. We play against a very special team with very special players, in a competition we are not obsessed to win. I will still make changes, one team one half, another team another. We are not there with an obsession to get a result, but to improve. It's a very good experience and I look forward to it,' he continue

so I don't expect our best side to start the match. I expect something like yesterday's match... he'll mix half the best players to each half.

I just hope he plays the best defense in the first half - when Cris will play. I've watched almost all Real's matches this pre-season and Isco is playing out of his mind. And they have Cris... so I think it's really important to have the best defense (especially the right side) and DM out there while Isco and Cris are playing...

Not that it matters much... it's only a friendly

But I do hope for the match against Roma he plays the best team at least for one half.

Should be a great game! Rami and Iva/Azpi will keep Ronaldo quiet, who never performs against us anyway! i think he has only ever scored 1 goal against us in his career! shame Paulo isnt still here to put Ronaldo back in his back pocket one last time! I dont think they will be able to handle our attack and we will grab a 3-2 win!

Actually Mourinho said this in his presser after the match today:

so I don't expect our best side to start the match. I expect something like yesterday's match... he'll mix half the best players to each half.

I just hope he plays the best defense in the first half - when Cris will play. I've watched almost all Real's matches this pre-season and Isco is playing out of his mind. And they have Cris... so I think it's really important to have the best defense (especially the right side) and DM out there while Isco and Cris are playing...

Not that it matters much... it's only a friendly

But I do hope for the match against Roma he plays the best team at least for one half.

We need to wait & see. Of course, all players get to play. However, it´s getting closer to PL season & Jose just might be testing several players against the strongest competition so far.

As for being a friendly. Well, technically it is, but this game is much more than just friendly. It is a confidence builder.