Real Madrid v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6AM Kick off :o To sleep or not to sleep, that is the question.

Can't wait! Never seen a Chelsea vs Real Madrid game, so very very excited about this! Interesting to see if Jose steps up and plays our best 11 or goes with the same approach of changing players at half time as before. Not doing so might be clear indication of him accepting something personal in the fixture. I have a feeling he won't let it get to the players, and treat it like any other friendly. Because, frankly, a loss could then damage the good momentum we've built up going into this.

In one of my first posts in the thread I pasted part of his interview where Mourinho says he'll play different teams on first and second half.

So after 6 pages of pre-match discussion we have learned that

1) playing real madrid makes a lot of forum members horny

2) playing real madrid in the USA makes a lot of forum members sleepy

:clown:

No, seriously, I wonder if Mou will choose to play Mata and Hazard simultaneously, with either Oscar or KDB completing the 3 AM positions. This would probably leave us too exposed defensively... But can he really leave Mata out of the "A Team"? He is still our best player I feel.

It makes me excited - not horny.

It's just people thinks sex is the only thing that would make a girl distracted during football. Such a sexist opinion :P

Sex during movies, footie, whatever is overrated. if I go to the movies, I want to watch the movie, if I'm watching football, I want to watch football. Let the score to the strikers... or in our case to whoever is merciful enough in our squad to nestle the ball in the net.

Hang on... WHAT? He doesn't like football? Where you from Barbara?

I'm from the country where people breathe football, as shown in my profile. But you can find guys who don't like football even in Brazil. My boyfriend doesn't like sports in general. Poor thing will die someday without having truly lived ;)

---------------Cheh----------------

--Ivanovic--Terry--Luiz.--Cole-

---------Ramire---Mikel----------

----Mata-----De Bryne---Hazard--

---------------Torres---------------

2-1 torres ... mata.... isco

This team exposes us in so many ways that is not even funny. Mikel is heck slow, di María will eat him for breakfast... or maybe Cris will too, if plays centered.

Mata also doesn't mark anyone, doesn't tackle, doesn't defend at all and it's also very slow... so if Isco, di María or someone else intercepts the ball, we're screwed which is why I think this is the kind of game where Oscar should start, and then as this is a friendly, I don't really care if it's in Mata or Kevin's place.

We need to play a faster DM so I think Ramires + van Ginkel is a must because Lamps if he plays, is coming from injury, Essien is slower and Mikel is definitely slower than slowness.

One could argue that if we use both Rami and MvG together then we expose ourselves in the second. I don't think so because I don't think Cris and di Maria will play both halves. Also one out of Marco and Rami has been playing about 60 minutes every match. I'd say keep Rami as the guy's breath is endless! He could run through three consecutive matches before he stopped to sip some water :P

Yes, Real will be the biggest test of the pre-season, by far. This game is much more than just another stroll in the park, another friendly game, I believe. If Chelsea can win it, it sends out a statement. We are here, look at us & don´t mess with us.

I assume, Jose will do anything to beat the pussycats of Real. Mark my words, Jose is already having a chat with the boys.

Do it for me boys, play hard, dinner is on me...

Well some of us have jobs. I dont understand why I have to stay up to watch an English team play football. Pre-season or not.

Hmmm you do realize the earth is round and it goes around the sun don't you?

Chelsea playing in the US to give our supporters there a chance to watch a match! What's the problem? They deserve a chance to see the team in the flesh.... Not sure if serious!!!

Cech

Azpi - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole

Ramires - MvG

KdB - Oscar- Hazard

Lukaku

Here's my choice for the starting lineup. Apart from maybe including Luiz in the if he's fit this is the team I'd like to see start against Hull next week so it would be good to test them together against a top class opposition first.

Yes, Real will be the biggest test of the pre-season, by far. This game is much more than just another stroll in the park, another friendly game, I believe. If Chelsea can win it, it sends out a statement. We are here, look at us & don´t mess with us.

I assume, Jose will do anything to beat the pussycats of Real. Mark my words, Jose is already having a chat with the boys.

Do it for me boys, play hard, dinner is on me...

I wouldn't be surprised if he did ..... regardless of official communication :-)

Excited about this game.I just hope Pepe doesn't kill any of our players. That nutcase needs to keep his shit together. :angry:

Seriously, I have never seen anyone that would be more pig alike than Pepe. Ugly is still a nice word

article-2384706-1B26AFE4000005DC-651_634

I wouldn't be surprised if he did ..... regardless of official communication :-)

I believe, there are one or two players that still do not have their place on the squad nailed down.

Knowing Jose, he will motivate the team to win against Real & those that are not sure of their place on the team will play their hearts out in other words I expect Chelsea to win. It´ll be tight, but Chelsea win squeeze it, I hope.

2009 .

We played pre season with Milan and Inter in USA. Our #11 Drogba scored a screamer against Milan. We played our former manager Jose.

Our first EPL match was against Hull City. We went on to become champions.

We again played Milan clubs in pre season. Our #11 Oscar has scored a wonder goal already. We now play our former manager King Carlo.

And our 1st EPL match is against Hull City.....

Lets hope 14/15 doesn't end up like 10/11 :ph34r:

Damn it, can only watch the first half then needs to leave to go some where around the end of second half :( Oh well, hope we are 3-0 up by that time and effectively ending the game so I don't miss out much. :D