André Schürrle

BlueLion.

When did he become a set piece wonder?

I remember he was very on and off on corners last season and I don't particularly remember he ever taking a FK for us.

Now all of sudden, World Cup winner, André Schurrle, not only can score, get the most amazing runs, but is a boss in all kind of set-piece.

He's progressing fast and the fact that not only he's a WC winner, but was influential in the trophy will continue to do wonders to him and he might end up the season being one of our best players. I can foresee double digit goals as well as assists (especially because of the set-pieces).

Invaluable player that I love since he was announced and gave the first interview to CTV - which makes me all much happier about his fast progress. I want him to be a Chelsea legend so much it hurts, and I think he may be on his way. Too early to say, but the lad has the right attitude, commitment and passion for this club in addition to his quality as a footballer. His ceiling might be much higher than I first expected. Hopefully it is.

I really liked that FK routine in Turkey where Branna scored on the rebound. 3 days into training and he was on fire. I think him and Cesc should share the set-piece responsibilities.

Any GK would have a hard time trying to anticipate whether it's going to be the perfectly placed kick from Cesc or the thunderbolt from Schurrle when both are standing over the free-kick.

Nice display again tonight. Still lacks a bit of fitness though, he seems to run out of gas after 15-20 minutes. Should be a starter next week though!

This is sort of contradicting, lol.

If he's lacking fitness and runs out of gas shortly, he should be brought as a super sub in the end of the match, not be a starter :lol:

This is sort of contradicting, lol.

If he's lacking fitness and runs out of gas shortly, he should be brought as a super sub in the end of the match, not be a starter :lol:

Yeah i know, but knowing Mourinho he wants to kill the game as fast as possible hence starting Schürrle at the beginning.

When did he become a set piece wonder?

I remember he was very on and off on corners last season and I don't particularly remember he ever taking a FK for us.

Now all of sudden, World Cup winner, André Schurrle, not only can score, get the most amazing runs, but is a boss in all kind of set-piece.

He's progressing fast and the fact that not only he's a WC winner, but was influential in the trophy will continue to do wonders to him and he might end up the season being one of our best players. I can foresee double digit goals as well as assists (especially because of the set-pieces).

Invaluable player that I love since he was announced and gave the first interview to CTV - which makes me all much happier about his fast progress. I want him to be a Chelsea legend so much it hurts, and I think he may be on his way. Too early to say, but the lad has the right attitude, commitment and passion for this club in addition to his quality as a footballer. His ceiling might be much higher than I first expected. Hopefully it is.

Germans!

:)

Would be gutted if we sold Schurrle especially after his second half of the season at Chelsea and exceptional World Cup performances. He finally found his feet and was impressing so to sell him despite him being 23 and a very good system player who can play various roles I would be gutted. Not to mention the genuine enthusiasm he brings to when he plays, you can see he enjoys being at Chelsea and plays with passion every game, like Luiz did - although Luiz's footballing ability left a lot to be desired at various times throughout his stint here. I know we have one foreign player too much and we need to sell but I think it will be Cech to be honest.

Like I said before, unless Atletico are preparing to pay crazy money like maybe 35m and above, it's stupid to even sell him especially with only less than 3 weeks to go before the transfer market closes and 4 days before our first game. And if we do sell, who are we even gonna get to replace him?