André Schürrle

BlueLion.

The problem for Schurrle as far as being a starter goes is that he is just not as good on the right wing as he is on the left. He can't cut in and shoot as he loves to do on the left and he just doesn't look very comfortable there, be it running at players or trying to get his shot off .I'm not convinced as others he's better on the right than say a Willian or an Oscar. His best position is definitely the left wing and that's Hazard's position. He will still play a vital part in our season though, I'm sure of that but like Henrique said, let's not jump on the World Cup bandwagon. Germany is Germany, Chelsea is Chelsea.

The problem for Schurrle as far as being a starter goes is that he is just not as good on the right wing as he is on the left. He can't cut in and shoot as he loves to do on the left and he just doesn't look very comfortable there, be it running at players or trying to get his shot off .I'm not convinced as others he's better on the right than say a Willian or an Oscar. His best position is definitely the left wing and that's Hazard's position. He will still play a vital part in our season though, I'm sure of that but like Henrique said, let's not jump on the World Cup bandwagon. Germany is Germany, Chelsea is Chelsea.

It is a long season. Maybe we could even see this sometime:

Costa

Schürrle Hazard Willian

Matic Cesc

Why? We have players in the Koke mold while Andre is our best option for direct football. I certainly would not trade, even if Koke's market value is perceived to be higher.

I was joking.

One player who they wouldn't sell for a player we won't sell.

Costa

Schürrle Hazard Willian

Matic Cesc

Tbh it looks good for a pure 4-3-3 when you push Schurrle and Willian up and Hazard would have more space to roam around. It would be a good strategy for the last 10 mins of a game when it's a draw and we need a goal.. Tired opposition wouldn't have an answer

Tbh it looks good for a pure 4-3-3 when you push Schurrle and Willian up and Hazard would have more space to roam around. It would be a good strategy for the last 10 mins of a game when it's a draw and we need a goal.. Tired opposition wouldn't have an answer

Certainly it would be wise to use it in the dying minutes of a game because a 4-3-3 like that could be very risky. Willian or Schürrle may help out Hazard or even the pivot in their defensive duties if they're closer to them in a 4-2-3-1. Deploying a very aggresive formation like what you suggest could pay dividends as a last resort though.

Pure speculation.

Not happening. Cant happen.

Schurrle is the only player in Chelsea, maybe apart from hazard and Terry, which no opposition supporter argues that they are overrated.

There are very few players in any team which are appreciated by other supporters.

My friends who support other teams consider him underrated. After all the nonsense i listen to about this player is overrated, that player is overrated, it is joyful to have an underrated and appreciated player.

Can not be sold under any circumstances. If he can achieve a starting position for us this season, its goals and assists galore from him. He is class.

Costa

Schürrle Hazard Willian

Matic Cesc

hazard wont play as 10# player he has the quality but he likes going to sides, thats why jose said oscar and willian will be his 10# player because of hard working of willian and creativity of oscar that leave shurrle/salah and hazard on sides above matic and cesc/ramires

hazard wont play as 10# player he has the quality but he likes going to sides, thats why jose said oscar and willian will be his 10# player because of hard working of willian and creativity of oscar that leave shurrle/salah and hazard on sides above matic and cesc/ramires

I've said it before dude, Willian will play tons of games on the RW.

Would love to see this guy deployed on the right-wing more often, as he was against Fulham and Arsenal because there's a real difference between him and Willian when that happens. He's direct and he's dangerous, in a very German manner. He's a combination of intelligent running and precise execution and he's a genuine goal threat from 20-30 yards out from goal.

He's also worked exceptionally hard on his strength and conditioning. I'd really love for him to get the nod from the start of the season because I genuinely think he's one of the most dangerous players in the league. When we face teams who defend deep it's going to be about exploiting the tiny gaps they leave rather than aimless dribbling.

I've said it before dude, Willian will play tons of games on the RW.

Idd, + the overhype on Schürrle is becoming a bit sickening. Just two months ago almost nobody had him in their starting IX. But after a few games where he came on as a "Super-sub" of all things, he's the best thing since sliced bread. He had a very big final though with his assist to Götze, i give him that. And he created it by beating his man (wich he rarely does), but he played on the left wing (Hazard's best position). Even his best games for us where on the left (José even switched Hazard to the right in those).

The fact also stands he was never a full on starter for Chelsea. Last year he had a full pre-season, but José preferred to start with Kevin De Bruyne in the opening game. KDB even got injured at the beginning of that pre-season.

José said at the end of last season that Oscar and Schürrle had to improve.

Mourinho's words on Oscar "He arrived in the crucial moment of the season in a down. Injuries, couldn’t train, was trying to arrive to the game but didn’t, was a doubt for the game, the game was too big to play with a doubtful player, so he arrived in the crucial moment of the season in a low. I can imagine, in a couple of weeks, he will be in a high and during the World Cup he will be in a high."

Mourinho's words on Schürrle "Schürrle had a good season? Not bad, but next season must be better."

Mourinho's words on Willian "“Willian has improved. For example, I have Dr Paco Biosca, the doctor at Shakhtar Donetsk for many years with Willian, and he says he doesn't recognise Willian now: the professional, the player, the commitment. The only thing he recognises is the talent. You can't succeed with everybody. You try to help but it's up to them. Every one who is in an age of improvement needs to improve. You can't improve John Terry, Ashley Cole. If you keep them in the position where they are, it's fantastic. All of the others have to improve. Has André Schürrle had a good season? Not bad but next season must be better. Mohamed Salah, Oscar, Willian, Eden Hazard … all of them are in an age of improvement."

And now you have people that put him into the second squad. Imo if you take everything from the last part of last season in consideration i doubt Mourinho is just gonna drop him like that. Even Hazard was hammered at the end for his lack of commitment.

Anyway, my little rant aside. I have high expectations for André Schürrle, and i expect him to have a big role in the beginning stages of our season. He's got an entirely different skillset than most of our AM's, and that's a nice thing to have (mainly for counter-attacking games).