André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Bloody hell! The hell is happening with all Schurrle love?

His first season with us wasn't anything memorable except a few games. He wins a world cup while not even being a starter and suddenly people are talking of him like he's the best player in the world :fainthv9:

Don't get the wrong, he has done well at WC and well in pre season, and his work rate and brilliant, but I'm amazed at how quick people have starting wanking over him like he is the god who came down and decided to play some football :D

3 goals and 3 assists as a sub during the wc including the game winning assist, great attitude, drive and determination, hard working, Chelsea fan. I see why people like him.

The love for Schurrle is down to his apparent love for Chelsea. He's one of those players that will run through walls for this club and despite his average first season, he had a great world cup and that could put a spring in his step for him to have a better season this time around. I know Schurrle won't leave. We have so many very good players, he knows it's a squad game.

I agree but it's ugly how fast fans start supporting a player who actually still hasn't done anything great for their club while they go and slate someone like Oscar who has been here for 2 years already and worked his socks of almost every single minute he was on the pitch. Let Schurrle play for 2 straight years almost every game and see will his lever of performance drop from time to time, but then again, people would still say he has great attitude and determination. Yeah, Mikel has that too and support he gets is microscopic.

I hate that from fans, it's not fair towards players.

And how do you know Andre is a Chelsea fan? Yes he has worn Lampard shirt, but he never said he is a Chelsea fan. I idolized Henry, Ronaldo, ZIdane, Carlos as a kid but I was always a Chelsea fan. My favorite player was always Ronaldo back then.

I do like Schurrle, but he will need to do more to impress me then get a few goals and assists coming on as a sub and playing against jaded players who were dying foe 70 minutes on the warm Brazilian sun after a very tough season.

Yeah, look at supporters showing an affinity for their players. Wankers, the lot of them. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've been loving this guy since he's stepped here because of his love for Chelsea.

He has incredible attitude in and off the pitch. He's a great character, the right amount of charisma (not too much as Luiz or too little as Oscar), works his socks off in every match he features for us and on top of all that he's a very good footballer. What's there not to love?

If anything I think people are a bit late in their love for this guy. He should have been much more appreciated last season than he was. It's not fair to disregard he was in transition, had to hit the gym to get stronger and be able to cope with the physicality of the league. We need to take those things into consideration, still he was better than some of our players in the pitch.

Now he's coming here full of confidence after a magnificent WC (the impact he's had coming from the bench doesn't take away from his value, Germany is a side packed with talent, he was 'unlucky' to be part of such a talented generation, that's why he's in the bench) and continues to show his love and respect for this club and fans. Again, what's there not to like? He going to have a huge season for us, I can't see him under-performing with all things considered: second season under his belt, stronger physically, high confidence, better player now than a year ago (technically, tactically and now it seems he even has some set pieces on him).

Maybe he will even become our salvation with the striker issue. We could use him as a second striker in matches against parked buses, he's a better striker than Torres already although I don't like him as the lone striker. He has the energy and pace Drobga doesn't, so I won't be surprised if in some matches he bails us out of jail playing second striker and netting a few goals.

MY BOY!!!

Call me crazy but I honestly believe he could be as good as Muller in a year or so. Most eyecatching today was how confident and composed he was on the ball.

He'll get at least 20 in all comps easily!

I agree. He just makes those runs which defences hate, and he finishes well.

Love him.