André Schürrle

BlueLion.

A thing he has to improve is, when getting the ball, to go more forward. most of the times he just stops and passes the ball backwards, reducing the tempo of our attack. off the ball he is unbelievable, but when he has the ball, there are still some thinkgs he can improve on. more 1 vs 1 and more vision instead of always passing the ball backwards. otherwise happy for his start and good game.

Will be a beast of a player for us from now on if he doesn't jerk off aka attending Arsenal Xmas party, he is better than Willian technically and once he tracks back more he will have a permanent place in the team ahead of Willian or Oscar.

You mean... He can't... Not even once? :blush:

Edited by borriske

Might not be the best at getting at people but his runs and constant menace in the final third is class.

I think this lad will be a main stay in this team for a long time.

A rich mans Duff... I'm not kidding. He sort of looks like him too.

CHOULO19, on 19 Aug 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

In the post-match interview: "It's perfect for me that Cesc is in the team."

It is. Cesc made 2 perfect through-balls this game and both for Andre. Of course Andre is happy to finally have someone who notices his amazing runs and can pull off killer balls. They already seem to have a great understanding.

Think it's time for me to get the shirt with his name on the back...

Hard work. Words that best describe him. He came last year nowhere near the level required for a Chelsea spot. But since then, I`m sure that he`s been paying much attention to Mourinhos advice, put in a lot of hard work in training and it`s all paid off. He runs a lot and works for the team, can dribble, can score, can assist, and most important, he can also deliver in the big games. That`s why I think Mourinho will chose him a lot this season and he`ll score much more with Fabregas tracking his great runs.

If you look closely at Andre's run for the goal, he starts very early and he just knows when to attack the space in front of him. I think that kind of play was rehearsed in training. If so, I mean if Andre is part of specific rehearsed complex plays, it means two things in my opinion : 1 - Mou is really working hard on our attacking sequences. 2 - Andre will be a starter in most games this season. Then again, I'm pumped and I could be wrong but it sure looks this way to me.

Yep seems like it was. Mourinho said before the game that we'd been practising breaking teams down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28834604

I was impressed with him in the first game, he almost scored after that deflection early in the game as well. He's lanky and has good speed. I think he slowed down in the second half but he should get more fit as the season continues. I agree that the addition of Cesc will benefit Schürrle a lot as he has that special ability to find open space and knife through for incredible runs. He's definitely an ascending player that should be around for a long time.

Luiz already did it. Cesc has been nominated was also nominated by Pique. Mikel was nominated by JT and Didier by Lukaku.

come on, open a thread already and put all those vids there. I don't have Instagram and I want to see all those famous people being stupid - even if for a good cause. I'm not even sure those buckets are filled with icy water, lol, but let's suppose they are.

I'm kidding about you opening it, but I wouldn't mind if you linked me to a place where I can see a lot of those vids.

come on, open a thread already and put all those vids there. I don't have Instagram and I want to see all those famous people being stupid - even if for a good cause. I'm not even sure those buckets are filled with icy water, lol, but let's suppose they are.

I'm kidding about you opening it, but I wouldn't mind if you linked me to a place where I can see a lot of those vids.

This channel has a lot of them: https://www.youtube.com/user/BeanymanSports?app=desktop

I'll try to upload the Willian one because it's missing from there.

Btw, JT had by FAR the most manly reaction. Essien's is the funniest, though :lol: