André Schürrle

BlueLion.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/jose-mourinho/schuerrle-hat-zu-wenig-muckis-34554088.bild.html

Suggests Mourinho demanded Schurrle to get stronger (at least that seems to be what Google Translate's saying). Think this is good news for Schurrle's future here as the issue doesn't seem to be with the technical/mental side of his game. He should play a bigger role next season although his WC chances are not looking great at the moment.

So far, Schurrle reflects a poor return based on his 18m fee, I feel.

He scored 3 goals, but does not have a single assist.

Schurrle is unlucky cos of two players he is competing against.

Now, Salah will get his own chances & Schurrle must wake up or ship out. His chances are coming in the CL, soon.

So far, Schurrle reflects a poor return based on his 18m fee, I feel.

He scored 3 goals, but does not have a single assist.

Schurrle is unlucky cos of two players he is competing against.

Now, Salah will get his own chances & Schurrle must wake up or ship out. His chances are coming in the CL, soon.

Ironic, since he was the player who was likely to excel under Jose's counter-attacking style.

what early form? apart from stoke and steau where he was up against the worst right back in europe , he has been poor in most games imo

As I said a young Torres 18 year old.

He has had many good games, come on. I am not arguing about it, he's pish now,

Soon to be sold eventually imo, maybe we could get 10m back for him. This is what happen when you decide to fucking sign players you don't need and ignore the ones you do.

Although Schurrle wasn't signed to be a first choice player, can't say he isn't needed to bolster our squad depth.

Got our away kit today and was very excited to have his name and number printed on it, but they didn't have the dark letters, only the light ones to be used in the blue and black kits.

I was deeply disappointed. I love the lad (although he does need to play better than he's been doing)

And I disagree with the mate above me who said he only got two good games for us. He's had a streak of them, just because he didn't score or hit the post, doesn't mean he didn't have a good game. He was very good for a while and then he was kept from the first team and ever since every time he has a chance he doesn't live up to it or takes it.

A pre-Jose Mourinho buy, think he will find his slot in the team, but he is hindered by Willian and Hazard's work rate in attack. I am sure come next season he will become a strong squad rotation choice, like Jose says, this is a team built for the future - any success in the mean time is an exception. This season will be completely different to this season, Jose will have a more direct approach to the wrong and right players, and as stated Andre will fit into the style that Jose seems to build towards. It is all down to the player's patience for me, if he wants to try and become apart of one the best manager's team or otherwise relegate himself to a higher role in a lesser manager is up to him.

With the possible out-comings this season, i think he can only strengthen his role within the squad, maybe not a 100% starter every game, but an effective tactical advantage to the sides that will come and try an break the Wall of Jose-cho.

A pre-Jose Mourinho buy, think he will find his slot in the team, but he is hindered by Willian and Hazard's work rate in attack. I am sure come next season he will become a strong squad rotation choice, like Jose says, this is a team built for the future - any success in the mean time is an exception. This season will be completely different to this season, Jose will have a more direct approach to the wrong and right players, and as stated Andre will fit into the style that Jose seems to build towards. It is all down to the player's patience for me, if he wants to try and become apart of one the best manager's team or otherwise relegate himself to a higher role in a lesser manager is up to him.

With the possible out-comings this season, i think he can only strengthen his role within the squad, maybe not a 100% starter every game, but an effective tactical advantage to the sides that will come and try an break the Wall of Jose-cho.

We may have been interested in buying Schurrle even before Mourinho came back but even he agreed with the transfer move if reports are to be believed and especially when you consider Schurrle's strengths and attributes suit Mourinho's demands as well as style of play he's trying to implement on this team. Again if reports by the German media are right, then part of the reason why Schurrle hasn't started so many games in recent times is because Mourinho wants him to build up his strength and not be too much of a lightweight.