André Schürrle

BlueLion.

There really doesn't seem to be any plausible explanation for his lack of game time except for Mourinho being on a power trip. Apparently it was Schurrle, Cole and Bertrand who went to Arsenal's Christmas party, and all of them have essentially been excluded from the first team. Coincidence? Doubt it.

He is getting sold in 2016 me think, maybe even in the summer if a £10m+ bid come in.

Although Schurrle wasn't signed to be a first choice player, can't say he isn't needed to bolster our squad depth.

Squad depth for what when he cannot even play in a game that the team don't give a shit about like today?

To be fair, a lot of people on here would've been up in arms if he started instead of Hazard tonight. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

However, I do think he should've started in either the West Brom or Newcastle games previously, because I seriously doubt he will start against Gala (though I believe he plays better in European competitions until he is completely adjusted to the PL). Slightly worrying because it's clear that Hazard and Willian need a good rest.

There really doesn't seem to be any plausible explanation for his lack of game time except for Mourinho being on a power trip. Apparently it was Schurrle, Cole and Bertrand who went to Arsenal's Christmas party, and all of them have essentially been excluded from the first team. Coincidence? Doubt it.

I remember this.

Wowwwwwwwwwww shameful if true. He's the only German here and Arsenal have 3 in their senior squad. Would be shocking if he is left out just for going to a party with them.

He is getting sold in 2016 me think, maybe even in the summer if a £10m+ bid come in.

Squad depth for what when he cannot even play in a game that the team don't give a shit about like today?

Like it or not, Schurrle was bought for that purpose. Whether or not Mourinho sees the need to use him is another issue and let's not forget that only not too long ago he was still being utilized. Clearly Mourinho sees something that he didn't like in Schurrle and wants him to improve first or prefers to stick with the same side (perhaps stubbornly) that has been performing.

Like it or not, Schurrle was bought for that purpose. Whether or not Mourinho sees the need to use him is another issue and let's not forget that only not too long ago he was still being utilized. Clearly Mourinho sees something that he didn't like in Schurrle and wants him to improve first or prefers to stick with the same side (perhaps stubbornly) that has been performing.

Yeah before attending the Arsenal party. I could see his situation really similar to Kevin, 1st was really liked by the coach but then committed an error and never manage to repair it.

Yeah before attending the Arsenal party. I could see his situation really similar to Kevin, 1st was really liked by the coach but then committed an error and never manage to repair it.

Thing is, we have played lots of important games recently and a squad player like Schurrle was never going to start much especially when the others were doing well. Hence why Schurrle played in the FA Cup against Stoke and probably should have done so today again but perhaps because it's City, Mourinho ended up wanting to play the first team. I would find it ridiculous of Mourinho if he seriously tossed Schurrle aside just because he hanged out with the Arsenal players.

Thing is, we have played lots of important games recently and a squad player like Schurrle was never going to start much especially when the others were doing well. Hence why Schurrle played in the FA Cup against Stoke and probably should have done so today again but perhaps because it's City, Mourinho ended up wanting to play the first team. I would find it ridiculous of Mourinho if he seriously tossed Schurrle aside just because he hanged out with the Arsenal players.

Well he did it with Bertrands and Cole( who imo will not be here next season) and he has proved it before, anyone who get on his bad side is done whether they are his enemies or allies. Ranging from Pepe, Wenger, Pep, Pellegrini, Casilas, Ramos and so on...etc. Did he actually repair his relationship with any players/managers before? or after the mind game battle they are considered enemies forever like Mata, Kevin?

And I would agree if he wants to win the game, but telling the player to have a jog here and there in a match he clearly doesn't care about, at least make it seems like he is giving other an opportunity by playing them. Might as well get raped 5-0 instead of playing our best 11 and lose 'only' 2-0

I don't know what to think about the Arsenal-party thing... if it's true, shame on Mourinho. I hope (and actually believe) he can make decisions on the team based on form and how those players fit in the tactics.

It's still weird that he used to be useful for us and then from night to day (way before the Arsenal party) he was just dropped. I feel sorry for him, but I hope Mourinho has been talking to him about why this is happening and what he should be doing to change that.

Even the Germany NT manager - his name escaped me now, my head really is killing me - even said he's improved a lot in the few months he's spent with us and that could be seen in his performances for the NT. Just a shame, I really like this lad :(

Arsenal party thing is bullshit. Mourinho only plays the best players and hardly ever rotates, especially since we haven't LOST A GAME SINCE december 7th! Schurrle has been incredibly underwhelming since he joined us. Certainly doesn't look like he's worth anything near 18 million. Sometimes he doesn't even look like a footballer. I think the change he made earlier in his career from CF to winger has left him under-developed with some of the qualities required of wingers. i.e crossing, wide-play and so on. His technique is also sometimes poor. He just needs to step it up a little. He was shocking in the last game he started; against Southampton.

:lol: Wonder what is going on here...

tumblr_mzadvp1FpF1qduolvo1_250.giftumblr_mzadvp1FpF1qduolvo2_250.gif

tumblr_mzadvp1FpF1qduolvo3_250.giftumblr_mzadvp1FpF1qduolvo4_250.gif

Also, a bit random but it looks as if Holtby is genuinely in love with Schurrle here (though they are very much close friends)...

tumblr_mixtyzSDHM1rhs8mlo4_r1_500.gif

LOL Holtby does look like as if he's about to kiss andre :lol:

Still a better love story than, well, you know, twilight! :drunk: