André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Everyone was slagging him off in the first half but I just didn't think he was that bad, in fact, I thought he was the least bad of the attacking four. Yes, things weren't really clicking for him on the ball, but off it, he was the only one making great diagonal runs and runs down the flank and creating spaces.

Everyone was slagging him off in the first half but I just didn't think he was that bad, in fact, I thought he was the least bad of the attacking four. Yes, things weren't really clicking for him on the ball, but off it, he was the only one making great diagonal runs and runs down the flank and creating spaces.

He was the worst our of the four.

It was understandable because Schurrle is a great player but not a great footballer, hes not as technical as Hazard or Oscar so he was always going to struggle in such a tight and confined game.

I don't understand how he has barely played this season though, he's the type of player that can win us many points, he has to start against Spurs.

Schurrle's hat-trick against Fulham means he is now our 2nd joint-top league scorer (with Oscar & Eto'o) this season with 6 goals.

[Will be quite amazing if we manage to win the title with this average strikeforce that we have]

As @MrExcalibur100 pointed out in the Torres thread, here's another instance of Schurrle's clever movement (watch how he tries to drag out defenders with his run off the ball) that takes away a few players and creates more space for Hazard who produces a brilliant rabona cross which Torres unfortunately didn't finish. It's a shame because it would've been a very well worked goal all round.

Similar run from Torres dragging defenders with him. Left a ton of space for Oscar. On second thought, Hazard should've passed to Oscar who was in a significantly better position than Torres to get a shot in.

Similar run from Torres dragging defenders with him. Left a ton of space for Oscar. On second thought, Hazard should've passed to Oscar who was in a significantly better position than Torres to get a shot in.

A decent striker would have tested the goalkeeper from that range....but Torres, as usual couldn't even get the header on target.

Not if he made a perfect cross to Torres like he did.

The quality of the pass brought Torres in a perfect scoring position and a player like him should atleast hit on target imo

I think it wad in target. Infact I think it was a block by richardson which stopped a sure shot goal.

It wasn, but Torres should still have scored. Richardson knew nothing about that block, it just hit him in the back. Had Torres headed it to the roof of the net or into the ground, that would have been one of the goals of the season.

It wasn, but Torres should still have scored. Richardson knew nothing about that block, it just hit him in the back. Had Torres headed it to the roof of the net or into the ground, that would have been one of the goals of the season.

I was not defending torres. Jusst the opposite. The fact that he had the decency to connect his mighty head to the ball coupled with the fact that he got it on target ia more than enough for me. :)

I was not defending torres. Jusst the opposite. The fact that he had the decency to connect his mighty head to the ball coupled with the fact that he got it on target ia more than enough for me. :)

Haha, Well, I wasn't attacking him. More nitpicking than anything, really. I just really wanted that ball to end up in the back of the net after everything Hazard did! :lol:

A decent striker would have tested the goalkeeper from that range....but Torres, as usual couldn't even get the header on target.

Not if he made a perfect cross to Torres like he did.

The quality of the pass brought Torres in a perfect scoring position and a player like him should atleast hit on target imo

He did everything he could. It was on target but took a unlucky deflection off Kieran Richardson's head.

Mourinho on Schurrle...

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/hero-schurrle-still-learning-says-boss?

“These finishes were something I expect from him.

“I expect from him cold blood [in front of goal]. When he is there, the goal doesn’t become very small for him. He is cool and he is a finisher.

“He sees the keeper and he can chip him, or he can turn the keeper, or score with his right foot, or his left foot, and I expect this from him.

“But he is in a learning process in relation to the Premier League. He needs to understand what the Premier League is and to experiment, and it is difficult for him to play 90 minutes for us because he is doing things he never did before in his life.”

He was ice cool when he took those three shots. Naturaly, I think he is our best finisher atm, too bad he doesnt score more from distance, he scored some peaches for German NT and Bayer last season. He is still 23 and I feel he is kind of player that will get better with age.

Schurrle's hat-trick against Fulham means he is now our 2nd joint-top league scorer (with Oscar & Eto'o) this season with 6 goals.

[Will be quite amazing if we manage to win the title with this average strikeforce that we have]

How long has Oscar been stuck on 6? He was our top scorer at one point lol.