• Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Mata
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Benayoun(sub)
    • Moses(sub)
    • Lampard(sub)

Our inability to see out six plus minutes cost us, not Rafa's subs.

It's a minimum, not maximum.....learn people, learn for goodness sake.

Now we don't know that - Ba might have scored and the late goal wouldn't have mattered. Simply put: we should have played with our best players. Not with Torres/Benayoun.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa is being let off the hook once again - just like after the Swansea match and the ball boy incident. Suarez will be the main talking point and Torres/Benitez will be forgotten.
I honestly don't care about Suarez ever playing for Liverpool or not. I care about the result and how Benitez is hurting this club. And those "giving Torres one more chance" remind me of people married to alcoholics.
We didn't lose because of Suarez or the referee. We lost because of Benitez. He was the one who let Torres on the pitch (and let us play with 10 men again) and took the best players off.
Rafa is being let off the hook once again - just like after the Swansea match and the ball boy incident. Suarez will be the main talking point and Torres/Benitez will be forgotten.
I honestly don't care about Suarez ever playing for Liverpool or not. I care about the result and how Benitez is hurting this club. And those "giving Torres one more chance" remind me of people married to alcoholics.
We didn't lose because of Suarez or the referee. We lost because of Benitez. He was the one who let Torres on the pitch (and let us play with 10 men again) and took the best players off.

This is the essence. Due to the drama the ineptness of Rafa and our incredible shambolic defending + Torres on for so long (if rotation was policy - why no Ba on for today, hey?) - we do NOT see the shortcomings in our own club. this is also the illusion of this season.

So Kafka. So very much Franz Kafka.

The only reason you can't convince me is because I've pointed out where the six minutes might have come from. Ridiculous conspiracy theories aren't going to do it.

Either way, this is a discussion about the match. Bringing up people's deaths like it's got anything to do with the match is fucking ridiculous and one of the more disgusting aspects of football in this country. Thank god this part of the forum is hidden.

Spot on. This came down to us defending a 2-1 lead and failing for the umpteenth time.

Lack of character, lack of leadership and lack of bottle primarily in midfield.

Oh get a grip! I can't even believe that you're meant to be 20 years older than me and you're acting so prudish like you don't even know anything what goes on in this world.

Their was no way it was 6 minutes, just no way at all, you haven't proven that.

Oh get a grip! I can't even believe that you're meant to be 20 years older than me and you're acting so prudish like you don't even know anything what goes on in this world.

Their was no way it was 6 minutes, just no way at all, you haven't proven that.

I'm well aware at scum at every club bringing up things like this and using it to mock and abuse other clubs. Disliking it doesn't make me prudish in my opinion.

But if you honestly don't think all those stoppages add up then that's fine. I think you should re-watch the match and look just how long the free-kick and penalty took to set up because I think it might surprise you. I'm happy to be proven wrong on that because it's a worthwhile discussion.

The rest of the shit I think is best left alone. It does no-one any good to discuss such things in the context of this match.

Yep. People will say, we should have defended one more minute... And this is very true.

But as a manager you can control a select few things in game. Subs is one that you can make direct changes with. Something that you can do to actually impact the game. Obviously tactics and training etc affects the game, but thats also down to individuals and their in game decsions, etc. So all he has to do is get them right, to the best of his ability... Would it have made a difference? Who Knows? But it is his job to make it as easy as possible, and what logical reason is there for putting Benayoun on? And not even playing Ba? I mean 95% of chelsea fans would find this obvious, yet a guy with all his coaching badges and experience does not. Really?

Again, it was terrible defending from us in the last minute, but WTF is he doing.

Bullet points, horse teeth should have been off, sturrige could have been off, never 6 mins injury time, rafas subs as wonderful as usual, rafa spineless when given the chance to speak out about incidents, shocking defending, spurs wankers, off to get drunk.

It might not be six minutes but the ref adds that on. How average do we have to be to defend a 2-1 lead and shut them out for six minutes?

People, it's a minimum six minutes FFS.

Yes everyone knows its a minimum, they even say it. However how many games, does the ref blow the whistle whatever happens in added time, when the ball is in a neutral position of the field after the alotted time... Pretty much always. And no way was that 6 mins in the first place.

Bullet points, horse teeth should have been off, sturrige could have been off, never 6 mins injury time, rafas subs as wonderful as usual, rafa spineless when given the chance to speak out about incidents, shocking defending, spurs wankers, off to get drunk.

Yep

/Thread :)

Yes everyone knows its a minimum, they even say it. However how many games, does the ref blow the whistle whatever happens in added time, when the ball is in a neutral position of the field after the alotted time... Pretty much always. And no way was that 6 mins in the first place.

Refs discretion I am afraid, balls in his court. You are pissing into the wind arguing this one, it's minimum, simple.

Just sick to my stomach after watching that. No excuses for conceding the last goal but that doesn't exclude the refs from their share of responsibility in that debacle.

So how many minutes did all those stoppages take up? I had it as at least 5 minutes. What did you have?

And what minute did we bring Lamps on?

Refs discretion I am afraid, balls in his court. You are pissing into the wind arguing this one, it's minimum, simple.

Wish I could like this twice.

You guys can complain about the referees and everything all you like, but the bottom line is that we were awful. We let them in with a bang right from the get-go in the second half and were very lucky to have gone back in front. Then after the penalty, did we have anything close to a sniff? The game was pretty much played in our half from that point on. For whatever reason, Cech thought it would be a great idea to hit it up the pitch to Torres every time, despite the fact that he would just head the ball to a red shirt. And then not to mention the fact that our defending was truly dreadful at times. Some of you just need to accept the fact that we got outplayed hard in the second half, especially in midfield.

Maybe so, but 95% of the time the game is over by then. Yeah its minimum. But you think that the injury time alotted to 6 mins? Should have been able to defend for 2 more mins or whatever, but was it 6 mins?