• Torres
    • Benayoun(sub)
    • Moses(sub)
    • Lampard(sub)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many minutes did all those stoppages take up? I had it as at least 5 minutes. What did you have?

And what minute did we bring Lamps on?

Wish I could like this twice.

4 mins. But even if its 5 the game is over by then. 3 points thanks very much, a nice cushion on both the other teams.

Maybe so, but 95% of the time the game is over by then. Yeah its minimum. But you think that the injury time alotted to 6 mins? Should have been able to defend for 2 more mins or whatever, but was it 6 mins?

I think we should of won 9-0, what does that matter?

When that board goes up it basically should say "defend or attack you knickers off"

It's up to the said team how they deal with it.

Y'all are really awesome, Suarez didn't cut off Brana's flesh or anything, it was a simple air bite. There'd be hardly any traces of the bite on his shoulder and that didn't lost us the match.

Actually, IT WAS RAFA FUCKING BENITEZ, whose substitutions were totally mind baffling. He's fucking responsible and so is our team, both goals we conceded were totally stoppable, we can't defend for shit. Henderson was roaming freely and Mikel was fouling Suarez . David Luiz? People here were talking bout making him our Future Captain. NEVER EVER EVER

Oh and Mata was fucking poor, Oscar was he even there? Torres, he was fucking useless not cause he didn't put an effort but cause no one bothered to involve him.

And it's just me or the referee usually have their worst games against us ?

4 mins. But even if its 5 the game is over by then. 3 points thanks very much, a nice cushion on both the other teams.

So you only had four minutes? I had at least 90 seconds each for the penalty and the free kick.

Then you've got FOUR substitutions which is about two minutes.

Then there's the Oscar injury and the Bertrand fracas.

That's easily six minutes - then we brought on Lamps after the ref had communicated the extra time to the fourth official. But please, if you think I'm off in my workings here then say so.

Some of you guys need to turn your frustration from the ref and onto the players. Why couldn't anyone close down Sturridge for the last 10 seconds? Why didn't Ivanovic stay on Suarez for just a little longer? Why did we fucking give up at the last fucking second? It's absolutely inexcusable letting them score with literally the last kick of the match.

Obviously I'm angry with the ref and the result, but the players are the most at fault here, sadly.

I think we should of won 9-0, what does that matter?

When that board goes up it basically should say "defend or attack you knickers off"

It's up to the said team how they deal with it.

Yeah ok, so then why are we taking mata off for Lampard. JT should be on the pitch. Not one guy you want more on the pitch than him, to do everything he can to get rid of it and organise everyone rather than flying around like headless chickens.

Some of you guys need to turn your frustration from the ref and onto the players. Why couldn't anyone close down Sturridge for the last 10 seconds? Why didn't Ivanovic stay on Suarez for just a little longer? Why did we fucking give up at the last fucking second? It's absolutely inexcusable letting them score with literally the last kick of the match.

Obviously I'm angry with the ref and the result, but the players are the most at fault here, sadly.

Careful now you are talking sense in here. I cannot believe Rafa didn't get goal side of Suarez for the second goal.

How did this come back to Rafa? Are you telling me it was the subs he made that ended up costing us two points in this game?

YES! VERY POOR SUBS!

plus the instance of playing torres when Ba was available for today & can't play on Thurs.

Torres, he was fucking useless not cause he didn't put an effort but cause no one bothered to involve him.

Please don' give me that shit, Torres was useless because he is a fucking shit footballer, end off

Yeah ok, so then why are we taking mata off for Lampard. JT should be on the pitch. Not one guy you want more on the pitch than him, to do everything he can to get rid of it and organise everyone rather than flying around like headless chickens.

So we go super defensive, then everyone is like "Oh god Rafa what have you done" JT isn't ten men, he is one person. First of all we have to stop the cross coming in, we didn't, JT could of done nothing about that.

Bang goes that theory.

As I predicted, it was 2-2 (actually I had said 3-1 for Chelsea or 2-2) I suggested the wild card would be the physical condition of the two teams. LFC have been on holiday compared to Chelsea's gruelling schedule. The longer the game went on the more chance they would draw. I could see Chelsea wilting in the last 20 minutes. As it happens the game went on beyond the specified injury time.

As I said, there would be a penalty involving Suarez although I had thought he might draw a penalty from a Chelsea defender. In fact he should have been involved in two penalties of his own and a sending off. As I also said, he can score from impossible angles.

Apart from the fouls, bad refereeing and timekeeping, the result was fair. LFC were pushing hard for most of the 2nd half. Chelsea has a weakness for giving away points in the dying minutes. It is due partly to exhaustion, lack of experience and concentration.

In the first 20 minutes I was thinking Oscar was playing one of his better games striding strongly and passing accurately. His goal was well taken and also well practised on the training pitch. Rafa knows that Carragher is the weak link and Rodgers was using man-to-man marking - Oscar's movement exposed it. However, after that Oscar reverted to his customary poor distribution, bad short passes and giving away the ball when we are attacking, thereby exposing us to counter-attack.

I had warned about Sturridge - who was it who decided to drop him from Chelsea's first eleven and buy Demba, instead, and then sell him to LFC - was it the 16th minute manager or one of the other numerous short-term managers?

Coutinho lived up to my expectations - direct, dangerous but he was substituted - was it an injury or a managerial mistake?

Neither Mata nor Hazard took control and both Chelsea's goals were from set-pieces.

I had suggested that Demba should start and Torres be used as second-half substitute. I still think that would have been better.

The game was well won (if a bit lucky) with only a few extra seconds to go - so it was no disgrace for Chelsea - just a shame.

The LFC supporters showed again why they are among the wittiest in football with their "Rafa was right your supporters are shite" - and I was disappointed that the Chelsea away supporters could not match them - apart from the forlorn groupie calling for Aunty Jose Maureenho.

I believe if Chelsea had the kind of support LFC gets, we would be 2nd in the league now. Chelsea have done very well in away stadiums considering the lack of support.

I still think Rafa will lead Chelsea back into the CL competition.

YES! VERY POOR SUBS!

actually i can understand the subs dude (and i hate FSW).

the 1st 2 subs might be a little tricky but they worked. our bench dint have the quality to give pool a fight given that even our 3 maestros were not able to do much.

hence FSW just took off our attacking wingers and put in ones who are far better defensively. and it worked to a large extent. pool dint have any clear cut chances until the since yossi came on.

the sub which was bad was LAMPS for MATA. at that point he should have put JT in for MATA, thus having 5 defenders to shut pool out or just shifting DL into the CDM position and thus having 3 midfielders to close pool down.

my opinion though.