Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Feel for you and others Dave that paid £53+ to watch our best team under that cunt.

Support sounded pony I know a lot of regulars arent bothering now, and it was odds on we'd get turned over.

Bet it was fucking cold as well !

Genuinely depressing how poor it was. Second season in a row its been flat at city now. Our away support has always weathered the new 'fair-weather' trend that has crept in at home and it can still be incredible (aka Leeds) but im not sure how long its got left. Who can blame people though football just shouldn't be on a Sunday and i don't know many people who can afford £50 quid a ticket.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely depressing how poor it was. Second season in a row its been flat at city now. Our away support has always weathered the new 'fair-weather' trend that has crept in at home and it can still be incredible (aka Leeds) but im not sure how long its got left.

I had a little trouble shifting my tickets for this one. It's one thing to be shit but there's plenty of fans feeling a disconnect with the current regime (Benitez).

£60 on a Sunday, plus travel is a lot to be served that.

Granted Ramires had a shocker, but I think some should remember it's not his natural position.

He's not a winger, attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder. He's an out and out box-to-box CM; he's more of an athlete than a footballer in all honesty. Putting him in any other position restricts his abilities; a square-peg in a round hole.

He did play shit, but I put more onus on Rafa for putting him on the right in the first place.

Right so he is out of place position wise, then can you explain to me and a lot of people on here etc as to why he cannot do the basics like a pass and dribble?

Pathetic would be a better word in reference to our performance today ... Except for Cahill i thought no one was interested in playing the game, we were falling like 9 pins out there ... Yes the manager is biggest s*** but the players have to take the blame equally, we could have put in a team of school boys and there would had been more heart in that game ... Disgusting!

better team won on the day, only two players that played well was Cech and Cahill they kept its down to 2 imo, the rest were just headless chickens today

Hazard showed moments of brilliance, but just moments. Easily our best player on the pitch along side Cahill

I thought Moses could've done a lot of damage today if he started this game. I would've guessed we bought the likes of Hazard and Oscar in just so we don't need to start Ramires on the right wing.

It's ok saying "Ramires was crap but it's not his natural position" but then why the fuck was he there then? Moses, Marin and Oscar were available and he could've just played his natural role anyway.

That Lampard pen was identicle to the one in 2010 or whatever year it was there. 4 straight defeats there now anyway, we're losing too many matches each season. Used to be 1-5 ish, now it's 5-10. We need some more muscle in the squad. Break the fucking bank mr Billionaire owner... get Fellaini and Falcao and get the pussies out.

Benitez is an awful manager, i had enough of it. First, our game off the ball- wtf with that? what are we trying to do? we played like 30 games under this joke of a coach and i dont know what we're trying to achive in that apathetic defensive game? just waiting for the opposite in the 18 yard box. and he will never change it, it works awful game after game, still no change in tactics.

Why Azpi on the bench? what as he done wrong at RB?

Ramiers on the wing... how many times until he'll get its the wrost thing for us when we're with the ball?

I saw you picked Cahill for MOTM, sorry, he's a very poor CB for those levels. Yeah, he does have very good headers, and he is great at those suicide tackles, but god... he isnt a smart defender. Game after game he loses his striker so mannyyyyy times. Its unbelievable he's still playing, and he even gets credit from you and others. Today he did stoped Aguaro's shoot, did it well, but only after he lost him and aguaro got the ball under his nose- which is classic Cahill. I realy had enough, he isnt good enough and we should sell him to City/Arsenal for like 7-10 miilion and get a real quality CB who will also replace JT in the coming future.

And why the fuck is JT now only 3rd or 4th choice CB? The cunt has actually dropped John Terry to the bench for games that we need him big time. We clearly missed him today and Ramires as RW again... just tragic.

And Carlos fucking Tevez, he does us every time like Torres used to. When he came on, i knew he was gonna bang one in.So inevitable. If anyone was born to score against Chelsea, it's Tevez. How many is that now? Even scored against us for West Ham.

Ramirez is not a winger, to be effective, he has to play in the middle. However, since Lamps occupied that space and didn't do squat all game, we subsequently lost the middle. We allowed the 21 year old Chelsea reject to dominate his game. I mean 5 unchallenged headers in the first half? Why? Obviously the zonal defending was not working, how about a mixture of Zone and man to man. to include all the dangerous players from set play corner kicks. Did we not do any scouting on City? This is their bread and butter. Thank God Kompany was not there, it would have been worse for the corner kicks.

I also understand that Lampard's trying to break a Chelsea record, but at whose expense? He's too slow to keep up with Yaya, He should not have started in the middle. Wasted free kicks, Pk? Wow.. Defending? Nonexistent. As per Rafa.. Smh. Geez! So what if the coaching book suggests making changes at the 60-70 minute mark, this is why I like Jose M. There's nothing wrong in mixing up your tactics during the earlier part of the game Rafa In all I'm disappointed, but not surprised art the result today. To think we fired RDM for this dude.. SMH.

Ok been a fair few hours now after the game and a Man City fan staying with me over here for a few days too...

1) Ramires should not be given RW position. I love that he plays his heart out, but that isn't good enough sometimes.

2) not playing Azpi at RB I complained and my mate said they would have a field day down the left, that happened

3) not playing JT was a mistake, we needed leadership and only 1 striker until Tevez came on

4) why perist with 4-2-3-1 when we don't have the players? It's just driving me fucking insane!

5) Moses should have come on at HT for Ramires

6) Mikel again proved why I'm not his biggest fan - sloppy, the number of times the commentator said Mikel not tracking back...

7) Benitez - ths guy has no clue. Try and keep a regular team, too many changes ALL of the time. Our team (lol) constantly looks like a collection of strangers kicking a ball around

There's no movement, no space it's just shocking!!!

Who do I want as Manager - for me Martinez, has no funds, a limited team of quality and keeps Wigan up every year whilst playing great football.

Imagine what he could do with our squad with Lukaku or BA upfront...

Benitez is history, lets focus on next season, likely with no CL football - again that's not a bad thing, just reinforces to the board how important it now is to take a longer term view on things!

Luckily Cahill and Cech put in good performances at the back or else the scoreline would of been something like 4-0.

Playing Ramires as a RW..and not playing Azpi at RB just killed our width for most of the game.

Most likely we'll be in 4th place after tomorrow's game between Gareth Bale & West Ham...

Benitez is history, lets focus on next season, likely with no CL football - again that's not a bad thing, just reinforces to the board how important it now is to take a longer term view on things!

Disagree with this part, being left out of UCL could be devastating. The consequences could go as far as no manager wanting to coach here, no big players wanting to join us and Roman losing interesting...

Yes, it sounds like an overreaction, but you never know!