Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

FSW did stupind things today but it's mancini's quote.

an City manager Roberto Mancini acknowledged the penalty save by

Hart was significant but believed his team were on track to win the game

anyway.

'It was important after our game against Southampton to start this

game well, strongly, and not concede anything,' said the Italian.

'It was not easy because Chelsea have fantastic players. It is

difficult to play against Chelsea, against Mata and Ba, Hazard and

Lampard, but I was sure we could do a good game today.

'The penalty save was important because maybe the game could change,

but if they scored we had 40 minutes left and we were playing well. We

deserved to win because we played well and we could score maybe more

goals

it's ok..

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, there isn't a player easier to like than Rami and I know that for some the suggestion he should be dropped is like throwing a bag of kittens into a canal, but we can't be the side we want him to be with him in the first eleven.

Can he be someone who comes off the bench and runs-around closing the opposition down? Sure. Why not? But we need someone better than him.

He has scored quite a few goals, i don't need to remind you about the others. Also remember this pass for Cole that lead to Drogba's goal plus the determination to win the ball back? No creativity? Not as bad as you make him out to be. I wish we had more players like him.

I do not make him as bad as it may sound but he is not my type of player, I must add. I´d like them a bit tougher though.

However, I wonder if you could find some of those chances he already had & botched it up ? I assume no youtube shows those ?

Normally, no matter how rubbish our form or who the opponent is, I still get excited once the match starts. This is the first Chelsea match where I didn't even feel the faintest twinge of excitement during the match.

I'm Not Feeling that since rafa appointment.

Yep we didn't and we were shit. We didn't deserve to win it and we wern't helped by the awful management. We are gonna need to get a run going to get top 4. At leasr tottenham and arsenal theoretically have a tougher schedule than us.

m8 what shocks me even more r ppl r saying Lamps is predictable in penalty kick taking!?!??! How? He has such a wide range!

couple of points i have from todays game...

-the penalty miss energized city and they turned their intensity up and were more clinical

-the sub Torres for Mikel was poor decision as we lost the back 4 shield but still understandable as we we were pushing to get the equalizer

- Not a supporter of Torres but he gets a lot of flack for not making an attempt on net demba ba only had 1 shot on net and no one has said anything about that

It's a shame, watching a game and realising minute after minute that this team is going backwards and is now not part of the elite of English football, not at the moment anyway. That first half was awful, it was like watching City vs Fulham as a Fulham fan or something, it was so one sided we were battered against a much better team. I expected to lose and that's the way we are now. We nearly got away with it after Ba blatant conning of the referee but if there was ever a time i knew Lamps would miss the pen, that was it. We got what we deserved at the end of the day and that was a beating.

With still Tottenham and Everton to come at home and trips to Anfield and Old Trafford, we have to take advantage of our easy run from now to April and yes it is easy, we're Chelsea and looking at the games from now until we play Tottenham, they are all 100% winnable. Tottenham and Arsenal have tough runs so these next 5 weeks are fucking huge to create a big gap in time to play Tottenham which will be the start of an extremely tough end of season run in.

Forget today, it all starts now. Today is done, we all kinda knew we would lose and we did so now it's gone. Our UCL qualification depends solely on these next 5 league games where 15 points is a must! I still believe we'll get top 4 but we cannot slip up any more against the lesser teams.

Granted Ramires had a shocker, but I think some should remember it's not his natural position.

He's not a winger, attacking midfielder or defensive midfielder. He's an out and out box-to-box CM; he's more of an athlete than a footballer in all honesty. Putting him in any other position restricts his abilities; a square-peg in a round hole.

He did play shit, but I put more onus on Rafa for putting him on the right in the first place.

Shit away today. A Sunday lunchtime with no fight no heart and a terrible away end filled with people who couldn't be arsed to sing. Paid 60 notes for it and all :angry:

Feel for you and others Dave that paid £53+ to watch our best team under that cunt.

Support sounded pony I know a lot of regulars arent bothering now, and it was odds on we'd get turned over.

Bet it was fucking cold as well !