Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its making me sick reading people who criticize Demba Ba, He offers the team so much more than Torres by holding the ball up for the team, constant moving, runs into the box. We have not had this type of player since Didier left and i think the goalscoring will eventually increase.

The problem is that this team doesn't have chemistry at all, at the moment we have a bunch of good players but that doesn't mean they work well together. Look for example at Everton, they are playing well because their players compliment each other, same with united, SAF and David Moyes crafted those teams, while us? well we just bought some dudes that played well for their teams and hoped they would play well for our team.

like Liverpool?

No.

Point is we have been one of the most ambitious and successful club of the last 9-10 years. When was the last time Liverpool won 3 PLs, 1 CL, 4 FA cups, 2 league cups and 2 Community Shields in a 10 year peroid? or anyone for that matter? Roman still wants to win everything, his finances that he pours into the club season after season on top players prove it. I think the ambition and drive from Roman and hopefully a good coach (who hopefully gets time) would be more than enough to attract top players still.

Its not like if we fell out of the top 4 we'd be forgotten, we'd come back stronger, because we can attract the players to do so with the funds we have and the fact that Roman wouldn't allow us just to be a top 6 or top 8 club.

We can't and won't dominate any top team (we even struggle against average teams) with a fucking midfield of Lampard and Mikel, or Mikel and Ramires, or any combination we currently have at the club.

The club needs to forget about attackers for a second and sort this out.

Chelsea is a global name, drop out of the CL and we'll still attract big players, end of story :)

If the board and coach can sell the club to the player, CL football shouldn't matter.

I disagree, specially if we are trying to lure a player from a team that already is on UCL.

No top 4 means less money, worse UEFA rank, inability to secure the likes of Falcao/Cavani/Lewa, etc....

Were you guys really surprised we lost? Man City top to bottom individually is probably better and their bench is loads better. Also, even if Lampard had scored, I'm pretty sure City would of score a goal, since we barely attacked anyways.

The problem is that this team doesn't have chemistry at all, at the moment we have a bunch of good players but that doesn't mean they work well together. Look for example at Everton, they are playing well because their players compliment each other, same with united, SAF and David Moyes crafted those teams, while us? well we just bought some dudes that played well for their teams and hoped they would play well for our team.

Awesome post - sums it up exactly ;)

Its making me sick reading people who criticize Demba Ba, He offers the team so much more than Torres by holding the ball up for the team, constant moving, runs into the box. We have not had this type of player since Didier left and i think the goalscoring will eventually increase.

Its obviously not his fault...there's something wrong with the way this team plays. Now that Ba's there, they only see him as a targetman for aerial passes..

In other words, this team doesn't do enough to feed their striker.

I disagree, specially if we are trying to lure a player from a team that already is on UCL.

No top 4 means less money, worse UEFA rank, inability to secure the likes of Falcao/Cavani/Lewa, etc....

Fucking Good.

We've got youngsters with real talent who aren't going to get a real shot whilst we're chasing the latest foreign tart who gives us a glimpse of her thong. We might get a chance to rebuild and rebuild properly rather than patching up the ship's leaks like we have been doing.

Bayern and Barca both missed out on the CL in the last decade and took that chance to reassess and rebuild. If people want to keep bringing up Liverpool, then maybe they should acknowledge this year's Champions of Germany and Champions of Spain.