Man City 2-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

The highlights on MOTD right now, wow we were absolutely fucking horrific wowowowowowowoowowowowowowowoow so so so so s shit, there wasn't even one highlight of us attacking in the first half.

We've been shite under Rafa a lot but this is just horrible to watch.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think 50% of our season was lost when some god damn idiot decided that we will go into this season with torres as our main striker and the other 50% when RDM was sacked and FSW was appointed as manager.

as far as the match was unconcerned. to be honest, we played better than i "expected". if we had gotten the first goal, we could have come with a point but it just was not going to happen.

we played like a mid table team, who get outclassed by a better team. pinging long balls to our striker through out the match who was simple very alone and stranded. nonetheless a good game by ba, did all he could with what little he got.

mata needs a rest. i would say give him 2 weeks off. he seems worn. remember at the start of the season when we gave him a vacation and he came back stronger. i think we should try it again because for the last 4-5 games, mata has seemed tired to the point of being exhausted.

rambo had a very bad game. cahill was motm. iva just does not fit as RB anymore. luiz is shocking as a defender. aguero continously ran behind him all match to which cahill had to track him and not once did luiz do anythin.

FSW cost us another game. playing rambo on the wing. all he had to do was look at this fixture at the bridge last year. how much trouble sturridge had caused clichy. and without a doubt,the first time moses got to run at him, he dribbled past him so easily that it was just unbelievable. plus taking off hazard when mata was having such a shocker was another brilliant tactical manuvering from the "FAT ONE".

all in all the season's gone. tonight we lose our 3rd place to tottenham and in a week or two the fourth place to arsenal. i just hope we can make 5th to get into europa because i simply want to be in some european competition.

the best way to deal with this hopeless, mind gutting, embarrassing and heart wrenching dissappointment is to make peace with it. i know that i have. we are not winning anythin this season and we are not playing ucl next season. the sooner we realize it, the better and less sorrowful it would be for us.

Ramires isn't good enough. Half his touches are amateurish. Not good enough in the midfield, not good enough on the right....but, but, but Barca....SHUT UP!!! Moses or Oscar would've been better.

Mikel. I'm going to guess his passing percentage was above 90% which makes him immune from criticism. Some people say he was away at the ACON. More like ACONvent Garden - best human statue I've ever seen for Toure's goal (shit joke, but I don't care).

Cahill - great at the last-ditch tackle but at some point you have to wonder why he seems to make so many last-ditch tackles. I'm great at putting fires out, but maybe I should stop with the fire-eating when I'm so clearly shit at it.

Ivanovic - you're not as good a right-back as Azpi has been for the last 5 months. It's not your fault. You shouldn't have been playing. You should've played on Friday so JT could play today.

Lamps......had a good game, missed a penalty, tried to shoot from about 35 yards twice. Can't say much more.

All in all, nothing surprising.

Agree with Ramires. ran into City players all game

but your criticism of Cahill and mikel is unwarranted. when the whole team was playing like clueless chickens these two held their own and did their job. Cahill was not just sitting back and blocking things. watch him come out and slide tackle aguero/tevez late on. he won all the aerial battles as well. Give Credit when due

Mikel was not very good but he wasn't as bad as you are making him out to be. nipped possession from aguero countless times.

Lampard was a spectator in the first half. aside from a few long balls from deep he didn't do much else. not sure why you are praising him. rightfully taken off

ivanovic was thinking he was CB all game. should get Azpilicueta back

Ok been a fair few hours now after the game and a Man City fan staying with me over here for a few days too...

1) Ramires should not be given RW position. I love that he plays his heart out, but that isn't good enough sometimes.

2) not playing Azpi at RB I complained and my mate said they would have a field day down the left, that happened

3) not playing JT was a mistake, we needed leadership and only 1 striker until Tevez came on

4) why perist with 4-2-3-1 when we don't have the players? It's just driving me fucking insane!

5) Moses should have come on at HT for Ramires

6) Mikel again proved why I'm not his biggest fan - sloppy, the number of times the commentator said Mikel not tracking back...

7) Benitez - ths guy has no clue. Try and keep a regular team, too many changes ALL of the time. Our team (lol) constantly looks like a collection of strangers kicking a ball around

There's no movement, no space it's just shocking!!!

Who do I want as Manager - for me Martinez, has no funds, a limited team of quality and keeps Wigan up every year whilst playing great football.

Imagine what he could do with our squad with Lukaku or BA upfront...

Benitez is history, lets focus on next season, likely with no CL football - again that's not a bad thing, just reinforces to the board how important it now is to take a longer term view on things!

Our pivot of mikel, lamps is always horrible. They are both slow, one should play with luiz or ramirez.

Chelsea is the only top team in world football that look like statues when attacking. We have basically no movement from any player off the ball. How do these cunts think they can create a chance?? I've seen teams in the AFCON with far better team movement than chelsea. Disgraceful

Disagree with this part, being left out of UCL could be devastating. The consequences could go as far as no manager wanting to coach here, no big players wanting to join us and Roman losing interesting...

Yes, it sounds like an overreaction, but you never know!

Hi mate

I honestly don't think it's that bad and is the 'wake up call' we need.

Nobody wants to manage us at the moment :) I actually think it would be easier managing us, if we are out of CL - lower expectations from the board and fans.

If this was a transition year, then next season is going to be just the same, especially if we are integrating KdB and Lukaku - perhaps even Chalobah and any Midfielders signed in the summer :)

Roman won't lose interest - and if he does, we'll find another investor - nothing to be worried about... Club has been around for ages and will be in the future ;)

shocking display by us, like Ive posted in the mikel thread he was bad but whats worst of all is that he wasn't event the worst on the field he was in top 5 to be honest... I will mention some names and maybe you will agre

Luiz, Rambo, Lampard, Ash, Bana, Cahill,

this would be my list of the rest but Ba is a bit unfair, because he couldn't do anymore

Chech

Mata

Hazard

Ba

Mikel

Guess we will all be supporting West Ham tonight against Spurs. As long as Spurs do not win, we will remain in 3rd.

Till when would we keep hoping for that .... I think Spurs deserves the 3rd place to be honest, they are trying to make a good team slowly and steady and that credit has to be given to them.

I m worried about Arsenal more ... they are the ones who are putting some bad display but the worrying factor is that we are putting up an even bad one ...

Till when would we keep hoping for that .... I think Spurs deserves the 3rd place to be honest, they are trying to make a good team slowly and steady and that credit has to be given to them.

I m worried about Arsenal more ... they are the ones who are putting some bad display but the worrying factor is that we are putting up an even bad one ...

They are slowly building a good team but seem over reliant on Bale these days and it's only our inconsistency that has made them looked this good in the league. Had we not dropped silly points from winning position and winning games that we should be winning, we would be miles ahead of them right now! Moreover, I don't quite bother if Spurs deserves 3rd place or not. We should look to finish in there at the very least because it guarantees qualification into the CL group stage, 4th doesn't. Might end up in the Europa League again!

Chelsea are not good enough to win against any top teams in PL or EL. The team will be extremely lucky to finish in top four places in PL. Roman spent 80m but still the team is nowhere close to challenge for PL title.

What will happen for the rest of this season, who knows ?

Also, watch the Tevez goal, why the hell is he allowed to set the ball for a shot without being challenged? Someone should be literally drop kicking him to prevent him shooting there, yet he was allowed to set the ball, look up and shoot.

Shambolic.

They are slowly building a good team but seem over reliant on Bale these days and it's only our inconsistency that has made them looked this good in the league. Had we not dropped silly points from winning position and winning games that we should be winning, we would be miles ahead of them right now! Moreover, I don't quite bother if Spurs deserves 3rd place or not. We should look to finish in there at the very least because it guarantees qualification into the CL group stage, 4th doesn't. Might end up in the Europa League again!

Every team is reliant on someone or the other to be honest ... "Had we" "If" and "But" dont really count and if everyone starts using it then everyone would be on the top today ... And to alter to what u said, it is surely their inconsistency which has placed us 3rd so far else we would had been struggling at 5th or 6th (damn the had beens)

After looking our performance all season specially under Rafa, there is a big gap of where we should look to finish and where we would end up... It would be a miracle supported by the other chasing teams if we even get 4th this season.

Honestly i dont give a damn about where Spurs ends up but i like to credit the deserving ones ..

every week it's more of the same. How long has it been since we played a genuinely good match? Even if we win it's individual flashes but never a team effort (see Hazard's winner against Sparta).

This season is a lost season - as defending European Champions... So painful.

We can only hope that we qualify for CL, that we find a decent manager next year and that we add strength to our squad in the summer. But for the next few weeks, I pity the fans who bought season's tickets and spent so much money for having to watch this shit.

Disagree with this part, being left out of UCL could be devastating. The consequences could go as far as no manager wanting to coach here, no big players wanting to join us and Roman losing interesting...

Yes, it sounds like an overreaction, but you never know!

That sounds like we'd have to give a manager time because there wouldn't be an easy replacement, we'd have to give the young players a chance because we couldn't sign the Falcaos of this world and I completely disagree with the last bit.

Missing the UCL might give us a chance to build this club properly rather than signing 30 year olds on big contracts as a short-cut to success.