• Lampard
    • Marin
    • Oscar
    • Bertrand
    • Torres
    • Mata(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Ba(sub)

What sort of ridiculous comment is that? The conditions are different. They face determined teams and play good teams for a reason as everyone knows the Cup brings surprises and the lower league teams are always up for it. PL teams always want to ensure they are in the Cup and there is a reason why they lose these games: because they get outfought against more determined players. Nothing to do with the fact they find it a pointless competition

I agree with your reasons. However, should PL teams be loosing with 3rd tier ones ?

Something tells me there is no motivation for them & their priority is elsewhere.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your reasons. However, should PL teams be loosing with 3rd tier ones ?

Something tells me there is no motivation for them & their priority is elsewhere.

Might I suggest that AVB, Rafa, Harry and Brendan Rodgers are maybe just shit managers? Well tbh I still think AVBs a good manager so remove him....

Well that is why the Cup is so surprising. The reason why there priority is with the cup is because the managers send out strong teams. Look at Liverpool for instance and us. The managers and players know the cup is important but also know how important it is to the lower teams.

Well that is why the Cup is so surprising. The reason why there priority is with the cup is because the managers send out strong teams. Look at Liverpool for instance and us. The managers and players know the cup is important but also know how important it is to the lower teams.

Surprising or not..I just think PL teams should not drop games against these teams. Currently, Spurs are 4th in PL, Liverpool 7th I believe.

Don't necessarily think we struggled with the pitch. Yes, it wasn't ideal but can't be used as an excuse for giving away possession so cheaply. If Brentford can cope with it, then surely we can.

You just said any other team would struggle on that pitch... And it was definitely a factor in the first half, cahill, oscar, marin couldn't find any sort of range. And brentford being in league 1 have players much more used to playing on pitches that are very cut up and not very smooth, so they would be able to cope without it. Now obviously the reason we didn't win came down to the face we were shit as well but it was definitely a factor.

You just said any other team would struggle on that pitch... And it was definitely a factor in the first half, cahill, oscar, marin couldn't find any sort of range. And brentford being in league 1 have players much more used to playing on pitches that are very cut up and not very smooth, so they would be able to cope without it. Now obviously the reason we didn't win came down to the face we were shit as well but it was definitely a factor.

Yes, I did say that any other team would struggle on it but that cannot be used as an excuse for our appalling performance in the 1st half especially when we couldn't even string 3-4 simple passes together. Simple goal kicks and long passes etc going out of play so easily. And don't deny that Brentford might have an advantage playing in pitches like that more often than us but these players we have played many games before in similar pitch conditions. Surely they can and should do better today out there.

EDIT: Moved the replies here to avoid derailing the Reading pre-match thread.

Yes, I did say that any other team would struggle on it but that cannot be used as an excuse for our appalling performance in the 1st half especially when we couldn't even string 3-4 simple passes together. Simple goal kicks and long passes etc going out of play so easily. And don't deny that Brentford might have an advantage playing in pitches like that more often than us but these players we have played many games before in similar pitch conditions. Surely they can and should do better today out there.

EDIT: Moved the replies here to avoid derailing the Reading pre-match thread.

Without doubt. We should have enough to beat them regardless off conditions, but i am simply saying the state of the pitch didn't help things.

If anything, I would like to see us get knocked out of the Europa League ASAP, not the FA Cup. Less fixtures in midweek and have more time to rest and prepare for weekend fixtures. When everyone is fit and available, we can handle those 2 competitions since most of the games are played on weekend and only a few in midweek.

Agreed - CL place and FA Cup would be a decent season right now :)

But man they seem a long way off - and our form is getting worse not better :(

Yeah we played like shit... but I couldn't care less right now.

Whats bothering me is, can we get a fucking fairly reffed game? Why is it every time I watch a game that's close, blatant calls go against us, and never for us. Its frustrating. Certain games against certain teams you just know there is going to be controversy, and we're going to get the shit end of the call. I pencil this shit in, and its frustrating being proven right every time.

The FA ran by Manure with its anti-cfc policy