• Lampard
    • Marin
    • Oscar
    • Bertrand
    • Torres
    • Mata(sub)
    • Azpilicueta(sub)
    • Ba(sub)

Can you read? It's almost as if I overstated, in the very post you quoted, that I didn't expect anybody to like him anymore off the back of this goal. Still doesn't change the fact that without his goal, we'd all be sitting here as fans of Chelsea F.C. Champions of Europe who got knocked out of the F.A. Cup by Brentford F.C. of League One.

So you can whine about how much you hate him and you can whine about how shit he's been for two years 'till you're blue in the face. Doesn't change the fact that shit boy is the very reason we have a replay. So accept it and move on.

But the point is that his performance in this game (and in others) has been why we've been struggling.

If he actually made runs like a proper striker today, we'd have been 1-0 up. You can't praise him for what he does well and then ignore why we were in that position in the first place. That doesn't constitue 'whining' but simply rational analysis.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the point is that his performance in this game (and in others) has been why we've been struggling.

If he actually made runs like a proper striker today, we'd have been 1-0 up. You can't praise him for what he does well and then ignore why we were in that position in the first place. That doesn't constitue 'whining' but simply rational analysis.

"If he actually made runs like a proper striker today...", if your granny had balls she'd be your grandad. Sorry to poke holes in your "(ir)rational analysis". But you yourself said earlier that virtually everybody was poor, you picked out Lampard and Terry for example. If we agree that everybody was poor, then complaining about Torres' runs (today) doesn't hold much weight because we've already acknowledged that everybody was bad and we simply have no idea how good runs would or would not have been. Or even if there would of ever been a decent ball to run on to.

And when did I ignore how bad he's been? I agree'd that he wasn't good today. But you can't call bashing the guy who kept us in it "rational analysis" because normally he's shite and doesn't produce. When a player is bad, you criticize. When a player is good, you praise. Torres was bad today, but then... he scored! So a fair critique is to say that he wasn't great, but he did score and earned us the replay.

Anyway, bye bye.

Edit: and just a quick note. Perhaps we do struggle because of Torres. But the buck certainly doesn't stop with him. If he was our only problem we'd be laughing.

"If he actually made runs like a proper striker today...", if your granny had balls she'd be your grandad. Sorry to poke holes in your "(ir)rational analysis". But you yourself said earlier that virtually everybody was poor, you picked out Lampard and Terry for example. If we agree that everybody was poor, then complaining about Torres' runs (today) doesn't hold much weight because we've already acknowledged that everybody was bad and we simply have no idea how good runs would or would not have been. Or even if there would of ever been a decent ball to run on to.

And when did I ignore how bad he's been? I agree'd that he wasn't good today. But you can't call bashing the guy who kept us in it "rational analysis" because normally he's shite and doesn't produce. When a player is bad, you criticize. When a player is good, you praise. Torres was bad today, but then... he scored! So a fair critique is to say that he wasn't great, but he did score and earned us the replay.

Anyway, bye bye.

Edit: and just a quick note. Perhaps we do struggle because of Torres. But the buck certainly doesn't stop with him. If he was our only problem we'd be laughing.

Fair enough.

Here is my observation of today´s game.

First of all, the pitch was in very bad shape, due to snow, rain or what-have you.

The team played badly in the 1st half. Rafa tried to play Marin as many of you wanted here. He played shit as I expected. To me, he is not good enough, money wasted by Chelsea.

Second half, Mata was put on. Finally, the team started to click much better. Questionable subbed Iva for Azpi, not sure about it though. Perhaps, Rafa wanted to support the attack from defense, though.

At 80th minute BA is on, a bit late but still it worked, he passed to Torres who scored a beauty.

Over all Chelsea dodged a bullet today.

I hate to say it, but I need to make it clear!

I've been watching the Oldham vs Liverpool game, and Liverpool have shown more determination in 30 minutes, than we did for an entire first half against Brentford.. what does that tell you??

it just annoys me!