Stoke City v Chelsea

Jase

Great question.

Maybe this is the first instance where we'll see Ba and the waste man up front together?

Perhaps, but Lipton was just spouting shit as usual. I bet it will be the normal formation, with 2 or 3 changes.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody but Torres. I'm not having any big demands on the line-up. Well maybe Roman thinks the opposite but still, anybody but Torres.

Oh and play the players in their prefered posts. No Oscar on wing ffs.

Disagree, for me Hazard has the most potential on the number 10.

Hazard is a different type of number 10 then Mata/Oscar.

He doesn't drop deep as often as them. He stays high, trying to run between the lines, finding pockets of space to exploit.

He's plays more as a second striker rather then a distributor.

He needs a deep lying playmaker playing behind him though to find him in those tight spaces. ( and a striker who can hold on to the ball would be nice too)

Hazard is at his best when he's able to run at the central defence from a central position. Take the Swansea game for example.

The chances he created all came from him either running at pace towards the central defence or him already standing in front of the central defence.

If you want to get the best out of Hazard you have to play him in the nr 10 spot.

This is interesting because I thought his best position is on the left wing. Tbf I have never watched hazard play for lille before. I agree that he is not a distributor. He is more of a dribbler than a playmaker. But as long as mata is here. I think he will continue to play on the left

This is interesting because I thought his best position is on the left wing. Tbf I have never watched hazard play for lille before. I agree that he is not a distributor. He is more of a dribbler than a playmaker. But as long as mata is here. I think he will continue to play on the left

Well as we are now (without a DLP ) i would play Mata on the 10, Hazard on the LW but when we have a DLP we'd be able to control the pace of the game and would hav no need anymore for a distributor on the 10. So with a DLP i'd play Hazard on the 10 and Mata on the wing.

Hazard best position really is the number 10. Funny thing is that a lot of people forget that In the first 3 games where Hazard was great he was playing on the nr 10.

Not a coincidence. ;)

Everton also hadn't lost on Goodison Park until they met us. Stoke most certainly are no pushovers, but being that scared of them is odd.

True but this goes back to February and we're shite and usually play shite there..hopfully can change that but with Torres starting unless Rafa has some sort of realsation moment....

Stats? :halo:

Here's one:

Stoke are the only unbeaten side left at home this season in the Top 5 divisions in England and they last suffered home league defeat back in February 2012. Lost 1-0 to Sunderland then.

You know what, fuck it, we will win this.

Get Demba Ba up front, we will fucking win this and show that shitface Torres that we don't need him. Get Lamps and all the others on and shit them.

It's funny how a lot of Chelsea fans seem to go through the five stages of grief coming up to a match. This one must be denial. :P

It's funny how a lot of Chelsea fans seem to go through the five stages of grief coming up to a match. This one must be denial. :P

We can't just sit and take it, It's happened twice now, we outplayed QPR lost, we outplayed Swansea lost. Need to turn it around and show them who is boss, why should we have to bend over for Stoke, fuck them we should be the winners.

Every game is must win now. Top 4 is seriously under threat from the handbrakes, the arse and Everton. Little or no margin for error. Ba and Lampard have to start, Hopefully JT too. If slim persists with Torres then I an going to go into one.

Club is a shambles just now, utter shambles. Hopefully the players can set up and bring us hope.

If JT is fit he must start. Must play a more physical 11 tbh (well basically don't play Torres and maybe not Azpi at RB depending on JTs fitness) , Ivanovic at RB JT and Cahill then Cole at LB obviously. Lampard and Ramires in MF, then the 3 picks itself Hazard, Oscar, Mata and big Demba up top!