Stoke City v Chelsea

Jase

let's play like the good old days. Ba as a lone striker, Lamps, Ramires, Mata, Hazard & Oscar at midfield. Cole, Luiz, Cahill and Brana at the back. scored early then park the bus.

sure 0-1 victory.

I think Lamps and Ba could do well together...especially vs Stoke were we need to kick some ass....

Bomb the ball to Ba and Lamps can finish it off with his great runs...stick Mikel in DM.

Give em hell!

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see Oscar in his natural position for once in my life!

This! According to me Oscar is a pure Nr 10, i dont get people who want him in the Pivot or Rafa who want him on the wing. He is the one in the Squad who has the most potential as a Nr 10, Not Mata and not Hazard.

This! According to me Oscar is a pure Nr 10, i dont get people who want him in the Pivot or Rafa who want him on the wing. He is the one in the Squad who has the most potential as a Nr 10, Not Mata and not Hazard.

Yeah, what irritates me is people saying Oscar is shit without knowing he has been playing out of his position. I know Mata deserves to start way more than Oscar, but at least give the kid a shot at his natural position.

He did pretty good in the last game if you count he was a #10 playing winger!

I honestly think he has the potential to play in the pivot, but if we ever want Brazil's and Inter's Oscar, we will have to play him as the dominant force in the CAM role.

Yeah, what irritates me is people saying Oscar is shit without knowing he has been playing out of his position. I know Mata deserves to start way more than Oscar, but at least give the kid a shot at his natural position.

I honestly think he has the potential to play in the pivot, but if we ever want Brazil's and Inter's Oscar, we will have to play him as the dominant force in the CAM role.

Ofc Mata is better in the Nr 10 role than Oscar but just at the moment, Oscar has so much more potential

just don't playing with "Back-Pass" style again!!! it's really annoying....

I disagree with those who says to play a more direct style.

I know we lost against swansea but it's not like we must throw everything in the garbage because of Ivanovic's mystake.

Swansea had nearly zero opportunity against us if you take away the gifts and we had enough chances even with Torres who is shit against team that are sitting deep.

What I want is Hazard and Oscar playing closer and not on separate wings. I think they could cause havoc in their defense.

Put Mata on the right.

-----------Azpilicueta--------------Ivanovic-------------Cahill-------------Cole---------------

-------------------------------------------Luiz-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------Ramires----------------------------Oscar---------------------------------

----------------Mata----------------------------------------------------Hazard-------------------

-------------------------------------------Ba---------------------------------------------------------

Marin coming in for the last 25 minutes.

And Lampard for the 25-30 last minutes behind Ba, changing the shape back to a 4-2-3-1.

Press conference notes:

• John Terry is okay, trained today and is in the squad available to play tomorrow. Will NOT start tomorrow.
  • Cech may travel and Rafa will decide before the game if he does. Would not rate his chances to play, but says its an option.
  • No other team news. Everyone is okay other than Romeu.
  • Says Demba did have a niggle (hamstring) before the Swansea game, and Torres played the game with a stomach bug because Demba couldn't play 90 minutes. Ba and Torres are both fine now.
  • Asked a lot if Demba Ba would start tomorrow, and kept responding 'he is an option', 'we can have one of them, or both together'.
  • Has no idea if the reports about Torres 'wishing he was back at Liverpool' are true, but he is giving 100% every day.
  • Still says Torres is improving alot and seven weeks (Rafa's reign) is not enough to judge a change in Torres.
  • Would not give any more information on Frank Lampard than before. Specifically asked if he would still be here at the end of the transfer window, and just said he was a good professional and he was happy with him.
  • Would not discuss Taison and Fellaini. Had 'no idea' re: Taison. Did not know if his squad would be the same at the end of the transfer window.
  • Laughed off talk of Luiz's haircut. Said it wasn't a matter for the game.
  • Says the team is doing better than before during his seven weeks because we are 'scoring more goals and conceding less'. States that most managers have a 'three year project' and he has only been here for seven weeks.
  • Says all the games that we have lost in his seven weeks we could have won, and had the chances to have won.

I think that an optimal way to use Oscar would be in a formation like this:

Luiz

Ramires - Oscar

Moses--------------------Hazard

Ba

or Mikel instead of Luiz or Mata instead of Moses

I think that an optimal way to use Oscar would be in a formation like this:

Luiz

Ramires - Oscar

Moses--------------------Hazard

Ba

or Mikel instead of Luiz or Mata instead of Moses

I agree, the only problem is that when Mata gets on there, team will have a natural tendency to do to 4-2-3-1 and return to MAZACAR with no width.

I agree, the only problem is that when Mata gets on there, team will have a natural tendency to do to 4-2-3-1 and return to MAZACAR with no width.

True. But depending on the team we are facing and what players are playing, I think we need to look at other formations than the 4-2-3-1, especially when we have Moses available and/or when we are resting Mata.