Stoke City v Chelsea

Jase

5-0 loss, we have 50 chances against stoke including 10 one on ones but fail to score, their keeper also makes 20 world class saves, then afterwards our defence fuck up 5 times and Stoke capatalize on every single chance.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you don't realise the fact that Benitez CAN NOT start Ba every game. He will need rest at some point, like any other player. Also take into account his knee situation, if there's anything in that. And for the sake of squad harmony he has to rotate aswell, you can't play a season with 11 players. We should have put Swansea game beyond doubt already in the first half, and it wasn't only Torres who missed, he wasn't that bad in that game. The whole squad was WASTEFUL. We dominated the proceedings, meaning that Benitez was spot on with tactics.

I feel condifent going into this game. Ba will start if we follow the logic. 2-1 or 2-0 for Chelsea.

Get behind the team not slate everyone after a soddy result. The performance was there, just no end product. Swansea game was a carbon copy of QPR and Corinthians game, we had chances - took none. This forum often reminds me of herd of sheep who just follow an example, and often a bad one - one over-emotional person starts calling for new transfers, new managers, new owners, new whatever and others just join the bandwagon. It has been 2 months of HECTIC game schedule, new manager coming in, players are exhausted aswell - if not physically then mentally for sure. GET BEHIND THE TEAM and don't be a hateful keyboard warrior, just support them.

Oh stop with the shite, Ba hardly missed a game for Newcastle, even cup games too and never got injured once.

Oh stop with the shite, Ba hardly missed a game for Newcastle, even cup games too and never got injured once.

In the end of the day Benitez has more knowledge about football than all of us put together. He has a reason why he is rotating plus him not being injured in recent history doesn't change the fact that there might be a problem with his knees. Just look at Torres. He was a cripple in Liverpool because he played so many games, had that much pressure and expectation on him. Since joining Chelsea he hasn't had anything serious, might be down to higher quality of our medical team or the fact that this rotation "shite" is working.

I'm not a fan of Benitez, totally neutral. So far, in my eyes, he has done a good job given the circumstances.

Some of you don't realise the fact that Benitez CAN NOT start Ba every game. He will need rest at some point, like any other player. Also take into account his knee situation, if there's anything in that. And for the sake of squad harmony he has to rotate aswell, you can't play a season with 11 players. We should have put Swansea game beyond doubt already in the first half, and it wasn't only Torres who missed, he wasn't that bad in that game. The whole squad was WASTEFUL. We dominated the proceedings, meaning that Benitez was spot on with tactics.

No, you're right. But he only just signed and needs rest after one game? Mata's played more games than any other player since he's joined, Ba would be playing a portion of that, running less too. He's our only option in the front, so for half a season it's worth utilizing him as much as possible.

In the end of the day Benitez has more knowledge about football than all of us put together. He has a reason why he is rotating plus him not being injured in recent history doesn't change the fact that there might be a problem with his knees. Just look at Torres. He was a cripple in Liverpool because he played so many games, had that much pressure and expectation on him. Since joining Chelsea he hasn't had anything serious, might be down to higher quality of our medical team or the fact that this rotation "shite" is working.

I'm not a fan of Benitez, totally neutral. So far, in my eyes, he has done a good job given the circumstances.

Blah blah blah blah blah, you can keep going on and try and be the good old nice guy who likes to thank for every little thing we currently have. Well for one mate i don't give a shit about Benitez, if you give Torres 80 minutes you shouldn't be manager-fit.

Are you joking me?, Torres has played near enough every game this season you nutter, he's been the only striker, no matter what we have been forced to play him for 90 minutes twice in one week every week.

Benitez has done a good job?, lmao okay mate whatever floats your boat, getting us kicked out of two cups yeah sure great job like.

No, you're right. But he only just signed and needs rest after one game? Mata's played more games than any other player since he's joined, Ba would be playing a portion of that, running less too. He's our only option in the front, so for half a season it's worth utilizing him as much as possible.

I agree totally, and I would love to see Ba start ahead of Torres. But if you think about it it's a difficult dilemma for Benitez. On one hand he knows Ba will more likely produce goals but on the other hand he has Torres who is a star and might disrupt the squad mentality, piss off the board for not playing Torres as he did put the club back 50m. All I want to say is that it's not that easy to manage a squad and keep everyone happy and get the results. Benitez isn't thinking 1-2 games ahead, he is thinking alot further, I'm guessing atleast.

Considering we are playing at the Britannia for this one, not sure if I should be happy or fearing the worst. Our record away from home under Benitez is much better than at the Bridge - P8 W6 L2(including the 2 CWC matches).

I agree totally, and I would love to see Ba start ahead of Torres. But if you think about it it's a difficult dilemma for Benitez. On one hand he knows Ba will more likely produce goals but on the other hand he has Torres who is a star and might disrupt the squad mentality, piss off the board for not playing Torres as he did put the club back 50m. All I want to say is that it's not that easy to manage a squad and keep everyone happy and get the results. Benitez isn't thinking 1-2 games ahead, he is thinking alot further, I'm guessing atleast.

Yea that's a true point I suppose. Any manager we get is stuck with Torres, until he's sold, and so there will always be pressure to play him. After all, Ancelotti, Villas-Boas & Di Matteo were all sacked the game after they dropped Torres :lol:

..Maybe we should encourage Benitez to drop him further! :ph34r2:

1. Torres isn't a star

2. The board would surely prefer to win than lose

3. Disrupt the squad mentality???? Hazard probably does a little dance in the changing rooms when he says ba is starting as he will be able to actually play with a striker who he can count on...

4. If anyhting squad mentality will be more disrupted by keeping playing torres.

5. It's not a difficult dilema, at all. Who is better, the whole world knows who that is, everything else is immaterial.

Yea that's a true point I suppose. Any manager we get is stuck with Torres, until he's sold, and so there will always be pressure to play him. After all, Ancelotti, Villas-Boas & Di Matteo were all sacked the game after they dropped Torres :lol:

..Maybe we should encourage Benitez to drop him further! :ph34r2:

Sam Allerdyce would love that. After all, there are only a few managers who's CVs are more impressive. :D

We will beat them, and then we will fuck it up against Saints at home so the win will be seem pointless.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me...

The way our seasons going we will probably go to the liberty as well and smash them 3-0, qualify for the final then lose to bradford.

Considering we are playing at the Britannia for this one, not sure if I should be happy or fearing the worst. Our record away from home under Benitez is much better than at the Bridge - P8 W6 L2(including the 2 CWC matches).

I like your stats (keep them comming), but they mean absolutely nothing. QPR was 30 years without winning in SB and Swansea had only won there in 1925.