Stoke City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to sound too pessimistic but Stoke are amazing at home and I can't see us getting anything from this with the way we are playing.

We played well last night. Two sloppy mistakes and a shit striker were the reasons we lost.

Personally I would only change Ba for Torres and Ramires for someone else (I expect Lampard).

Some of you don't realise the fact that Benitez CAN NOT start Ba every game. He will need rest at some point, like any other player. Also take into account his knee situation, if there's anything in that. And for the sake of squad harmony he has to rotate aswell, you can't play a season with 11 players. We should have put Swansea game beyond doubt already in the first half, and it wasn't only Torres who missed, he wasn't that bad in that game. The whole squad was WASTEFUL. We dominated the proceedings, meaning that Benitez was spot on with tactics.

I feel condifent going into this game. Ba will start if we follow the logic. 2-1 or 2-0 for Chelsea.

Get behind the team not slate everyone after a soddy result. The performance was there, just no end product. Swansea game was a carbon copy of QPR and Corinthians game, we had chances - took none. This forum often reminds me of herd of sheep who just follow an example, and often a bad one - one over-emotional person starts calling for new transfers, new managers, new owners, new whatever and others just join the bandwagon. It has been 2 months of HECTIC game schedule, new manager coming in, players are exhausted aswell - if not physically then mentally for sure. GET BEHIND THE TEAM and don't be a hateful keyboard warrior, just support them.

Chelsea have won 9 of their last 11 matches against Stoke in all competitions.

Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in 6 of their last 7 matches against Stoke in all competitions.

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Stoke's last 3 games in the Premier League.

Stoke are undefeated in their last 17 home matches in the Premier League.

599d296422b388695be09be4fafb6f43.png?135

I want Rafa to alter the formation for this (it won't happen, but a guy can dream?)

Turnbull

Azpilicueta ------------- Ivanovic - Cahill ------------------ Bertrand

Luiz

Oscar --------------- Hazard

Marin ---------------------- Ba ---------------------- Mata

I mean yeah, like I said it won't happen. But Stoke will be playing park-the-bus tactics and width is always the answer in those solutions. This set up gets the ball wide, with players who can cross and also gives Hazard a bit of freedom. The only sticking point is Luiz as a lone DM, but there's no other real choice there.