Stoke City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While were on the topic of Stoke who thinks Tony Pulis is underachieving?

He has the 3rd highest net spend in the league and they are still no better then when they first came up. The only difference now is teams are shit scared of playing at The Brittania, which wasn't the case in 2008.

Instead of journeyman like Jeff Cameron he should have scoured Europe for the next Moussa Dembele. I can see that club stagnating badly at some point and there will only be one man to blame. Is he yet another manager scared of any sort of expectation?

For now tho, i have wrote this game off as a defeat from the start, no JT and Cech is going to make it a long afternoon although Ba gives me some hope.

Every player cannot play every game.

Then you should also be considering Mata and Hazard for the bench. Oscar is no less talented or less important. The guy is very gifted and I'm nervous he will be a victim of yet another talent destruction at Chelsea FC.

Then you should also be considering Mata and Hazard for the bench. Oscar is no less talented or less important. The guy is very gifted and I'm nervous he will be a victim of yet another talent destruction at Chelsea FC.

You are overreacting.

So far he hasn't been as good as Mata or Hazard, in fact he's been rather shit most of the time. No doubt the potential is there and he just needs time to adapt to English football, but that doesn't mean he should start every game in his first season at the club, especially a fixture like Stoke away where they will eat people like Oscar for breakfast.

Did you know, that Chelsea haven't won a single league match this season when Mata has not started? That fact alone should be enough not to even consider benching him if not absolutely necessary.

While were on the topic of Stoke who thinks Tony Pulis is underachieving?

He has the 3rd highest net spend in the league and they are still no better then when they first came up. The only difference now is teams are shit scared of playing at The Brittania, which wasn't the case in 2008.

Instead of journeyman like Jeff Cameron he should have scoured Europe for the next Moussa Dembele. I can see that club stagnating badly at some point and there will only be one man to blame. Is he yet another manager scared of any sort of expectation?

For now tho, i have wrote this game off as a defeat from the start, no JT and Cech is going to make it a long afternoon although Ba gives me some hope.

Spending money is NO guarantee of success.

I don't think Pullis is under achieving. Stoke is a pretty small city and they've done well since coming up from the Championship.

Every club that goes into Europe has a hangover season, look at us when we first went into Europe.

It's hard for Stoke to attract players as they are not a well known team, so often have to buy from other PL clubs - which means paying a premium.

All in all - I don't know a manager that could be doing a better job at Stoke? I don't rate Pullis as highly as Moyes - but still think he does a pretty good job...

Just my opinion tho :)

So far he hasn't been as good as Mata or Hazard, in fact he's been rather shit most of the time. No doubt the potential is there and he just needs time to adapt to English football, but that doesn't mean he should start every game in his first season at the club, especially a fixture like Stoke away where they will eat people like Oscar for breakfast.

Did you know, that Chelsea haven't won a single league match this season when Mata has not started? That fact alone should be enough not to even consider benching him if not absolutely necessary.

Oscar did not start every game and he has more physical presence than Mata or Hazard. I see you just don't rate him as high as I do.

Key stat

We lost to QPR and Swansea without scoring a goal.

Here's another key stat:

Those 2 losses came at home. We have scored in every away game(excluding CWC) so far under Benitez.

And we have scored in 13 of our last 15 away league games.