Fernando Torres

Torres-Gerrard-Alonso

It was a good partnership. He had youth on his side and was confident. He's lost his acceleration and finishing.

His goal record wasn't very impressive at A Madrid. His first Liverpool season was great, second was good, third was poor.

I've never been a fan of Torres.

And while he was scoring a lot at Liverpool in big matches, against the teams that were sitting deep, he was already not that great at Liverpool.

Add to that he lost his acceleration after his knee injury and he is average.

I cant really blame him. He made a lot of runs at the near post and willian and hazard never passed to him. Not even one cross like arsenal did for giroud. Torres experienced what lukaku has experienced at everton this december in this arsenal match.

Looks like I'm in the minority but I thought he was the worst player on the pitch. Every time the ball was played into his feet it resulted in a turnover. He caused 3 turnovers, made 18 passes and had a pass success rate of 67%. It's one thing for your striker not to be scoring goals consistently, but when they can't even hold the ball up and are constantly turning over possession each time they touch the ball, it makes it even more difficult to build attacks.