Fernando Torres

You are saying Ba wasn't much better, do you actually watch the match or just your Torres poster?

Would you care to tell me what great play, or plays, Ba did do while he was on? because WHILE I WAS WATCHING THE FUCKING MATCH I certainly did not see it. :rolleyes:

Did you also miss the "Torres was really poor" part of my post too?

Would you care to tell me what great play, or plays, Ba did do while he was on? because WHILE I WAS WATCHING THE FUCKING MATCH I certainly did not see it. :rolleyes:

Did you also miss the "Torres was really poor" part of my post too?

One Ba didn't miss two clear cut chances

Two his one clear cut chance lead to goal

Three he wasn't disposed off the ball a single time as we were trying to keep a result while Torres was our most disposed player loosing the ball 4 times under little pressure

If I have my ways both would have fucked off out of club by now, maybe Ba stays as a 3rd choice striker

Ba might not be good enough but at least he didn't cost the club 50 million and isn't on 175k p/w wages, I'm sure if he was given as many chances as Torres over 3 years he would have scored more goals.

One Ba didn't miss two clear cut chances

Two his one clear cut chance lead to goal

Three he wasn't disposed off the ball a single time as we were trying to keep a result while Torres was our most disposed player loosing the ball 4 times under little pressure

Ba might not be good enough but at least he didn't cost the club 50 million and isn't on 175k p/w wages, I'm sure if he was given as many chances as Torres over 3 years he would have scored more goals.

Whatever dude, Ba was average to me. Already talked about the "assist" to Sunderland defender (nowhere near any Chelsea player).

He did have one clear cut chance and fell to the ground like he always does despite being a big guy; you can argue about the PK (foul/in/out), but a better striker would have remained on his feet and scored. He also had a shot from outside the box that went to row 'z'.

Ba was dispossessed a few times, including one when he was falling and made a horrible back pass that could've led to a counter.

He played fewer minutes, but enough to have made an impact.

Anyway, you seem to like Ba and I am pretty confident he's nowhere near what Chelsea needs. I've said it many times, Torres being poor does not make Demba Ba adequate in any way or form. Chelsea need better strikers to be contenders in Europe.

It's cause we don't provide him service - any striker would struggle to score two goals in a year in the EPL for Chelsea :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure people were complaining about service prior to this season. And its not just about Torres...Fact is when we lacked a target-man of Drogba's quality, or a hard worker like Anelka or Eto'o, there is little productivity from the forwards. The only other forward who bucked the trend for a while was Sturridge playing out of position, and out of his skin to secure his starting eleven spot.

I'm pretty sure people were complaining about service prior to this season. And its not just about Torres...Fact is when we lacked a target-man of Drogba's quality, or a hard worker like Anelka or Eto'o, there is little productivity from the forwards. The only other forward who bucked the trend for a while was Sturridge playing out of position, and out of his skin to secure his starting eleven spot.

Not complaining I don't mind people complaining - I'm saying people are using "service" as a way to excuse how poor Torres has been. I'm sorry but if anyone feels Lukaku; Sturridge; Suarez; RvP; Rooney; Kun; etc would score 2 goals in the EPL for a calendar year they better get their head checked.

Not complaining I don't mind people complaining - I'm saying people are using "service" as a way to excuse how poor Torres has been. I'm sorry but if anyone feels Lukaku; Sturridge; Suarez; RvP; Rooney; Kun; etc would score 2 goals in the EPL for a calendar year they better get their head checked.

Just to reiterate. When I initially said that in general this season the service hasn't been great for our forwards I wasn't making an excuse for Torres at all (I'd be the one of the last people to do that lol). Like I said before, I was talking about all of our strikers in general.

Granted, they obviously aren't as good as the elite strikers with their movement and finishing - they all still have decent enough movement to allow that creation of chances - just like today when Torres got himself in decent positions the service was there but he obviously had a mare.

We haven't seen that consistently enough from the three behind whoever's upfront this season - creatively we were awesome against Sunderland. We do that on a regular basis and our strikers will score a lot more as the season progresses because the service is there and they all are decent strikers; however it'd obviously be more awesome if we had an elite striker doing the business for us when those behind him are producing creatively like they did against Sunderland.

Needs to do better. First was excusable (half-chance and being crowded out) but the second one...jeez that was a sitter. Needs to be more composed. Looks like the injury knocked him off his stride a little. Other than that, I thought his all-round play was good. Can't recall him losing the ball, won some good aerial duels, made direct incisive running and linked up pretty well.

His body language when he was subbed wasn't very positive though. Hopefully he'll just knuckle down and keep working at it and not sulk.

He was terrible yesterday - he worked hard for the team, but ultimately have to judge him on what he did in an offensive aspect; which was negligible! Very disappointing. However he has been generally decent for us this season, so we can't be too harsh on him for one bad game. Hopefully he pops up and bags a couple the next match he plays in.