Fernando Torres

There's no middle ground with him. He's either fantastic or absolutely dogshite. unfortunately for us his ratio of bad games to good games is about 10 to 1. I'm fed up with the false dawn he gives whenever he has a good game and gives a glimmer of hope to the fans that he might, just might kick off from there.

The problem is just as he was gaining confidence and scoring, he got injured and yesterdays game was proof he is back to square one, even start of the season, he would have got those shots to get the goals. Ah well, just as well the other players are scoring, if the strikers cant. <_<

Not complaining I don't mind people complaining - I'm saying people are using "service" as a way to excuse how poor Torres has been. I'm sorry but if anyone feels Lukaku; Sturridge; Suarez; RvP; Rooney; Kun; etc would score 2 goals in the EPL for a calendar year they better get their head checked.

Of course, I agree Torres was, and is, not completely faultless. The chances he spurned today, are inexcusable considering the way he has set himself up earlier this season.

I'm saying consider Torres this season, under Mourinho, and also under different,likely better tactics, and accept that the Sunderland game was just a bad day.

I just feel the reaction to his performance today and Essien's blunder last Sunday has been overstated. Because of the wins, most people have little else to complain about and hence clutch at smaller things.

No the reaction to the Tottenham game was out overstated, if Sir Frank had setup two glorious chances; missed a sitter; got send off and his mistake had lead to a Tottenham's goal he would never get voted MOTM by 117 votes on this site or have people talking about what a glorious 20 minutes he had.

Torres gets judged by different standards - what he should be judged on is goals and he is a Championship level striker if he is judged on those. So people choose to judge on his blond hair; how hard he works; how he cares etc

What can I say about Ferda that was not already said here ?

The team does not provide him with chances, I read above ? LOL.

How many does he need to score one goal, then ? No matter what we say here, one thing we all should admit Ferda is shot. His sporadic scoring, won´t convince me, he is back, sorry.

What to do, then ? Should Jose play him & hope Ferda will pop one in ? It´s a joke, has been for two years.

No the reaction to the Tottenham game was out overstated, if Sir Frank had setup two glorious chances; missed a sitter; got send off and his mistake had lead to a Tottenham's goal he would never get voted MOTM by 117 votes on this site or have people talking about what a glorious 20 minutes he had.

Torres gets judged by different standards - what he should be judged on is goals and he is a Championship level striker if he is judged on those. So people choose to judge on his blond hair; how hard he works; how he cares etc

Nail on the head.

The double standards when it comes to this guy are hilarious.

Fair enough in the City game he had a great match and deserved the plaudits, but i have seen Drogba have better games than Torres vs Spurs and get a pasting for it.

Nail on the head.

The double standards when it comes to this guy are hilarious.

Fair enough in the City game he had a great match and deserved the plaudits, but i have seen Drogba have better games than Torres vs Spurs and get a pasting for it.

not really, it works both ways!

I think the reason why people overreact to a decent performance from Torres is because people overreact to a poor performance from Torres! when Torres has a pretty average game or misses a decent chance he gets slaughtered way more then any other player would! which is why people overreact when he does well.

same with Luiz, he can have 10 world class performances at CB in a row then in the 11th game he could make a mistake and people will come out and say he cant defend, and he is a liability ect!

not really, it works both ways!

I think the reason why people overreact to a decent performance from Torres is because people overreact to a poor performance from Torres! when Torres has a pretty average game or misses a decent chance he gets slaughtered way more then any other player would! which is why people overreact when he does well.

same with Luiz, he can have 10 world class performances at CB in a row then in the 11th game he could make a mistake and people will come out and say he cant defend, and he is a liability ect!

Im not too sure, i was one of the first people that lost patience with him and that was around November 2011 10 months after he joined and even before then (when 95% of supporters were convinced he will come good) were glorifying even his beyond shit games and making out that he played decent when he quite clearly didn't.

Then there was CL winning lite celebrations when he finally scored, along with section's of the MHL groaning against Sunderland when it emerged Lampard scored not Torres off the bar (which it looked like happened from the other end of the ground).

Well that was an over-reaction too, but you can't blame people for being optimistic (its more natural than being pessimistic for most) after nearly two seasons of no-show from Torres.

And yes, the problem is people over-react. be it praise or criticism.

What can I say about Ferda that was not already said here ?

The team does not provide him with chances, I read above ? LOL.

How many does he need to score one goal, then ? No matter what we say here, one thing we all should admit Ferda is shot. His sporadic scoring, won´t convince me, he is back, sorry.

What to do, then ? Should Jose play him & hope Ferda will pop one in ? It´s a joke, has been for two years.

Jose and Torres have been part of the same of team only for a few months.

But yes, Jose doesn't have to wait for Torres to score. If he doesn't keep up his early season standards, he should be dropped.

Not singling him out for blame but no matter how better he looks this season and the talk of him contributing more to the team, yes that is all good but 1 PL goal from him is absolutely ridiculous considering he has started quite a few this season and that goal he scored was as fortunate as you can get but he was exceptional that game against City and warranted a goal no matter how much luck was involved but he is still missing chances handed on a plate to him and it is still Jekyll and Hyde with him. You are unsure which Torres is going to turn up.