Fernando Torres

He had soooo many chances, noone can deny his workrate. You could really tell he was really trying very hard. If he was old Torres he would have had a hat trick today, was so close. I just wish for Christmas he got some confidence, he can be great again.

Watching the game yesterday, don't think there is anything that surprises me anymore with Torres. He did well in the first half and was being positive as well as showing good attacking intent in making things happen BUT my oh my, his end product were absolutely hopeless, which in the end kinda defeats the whole purpose and rendered his good work useless.

He always makes a very good move but at the final touch he fucks it up..

Going around 2 players, being infront of goal and then skying his shot, or passing to the GK.

I have to wonder, how hard is it to practice on his shots? surely he can do it in training and improve.

We should keep him as our second-choice forward in the future. Even if he stays until he's 35, we need to see some bang for our buck. A £50 million investment who has only scored 41 goals in 151 games... we can't let him go until he's at least reached 60 or so goals for us. Surely?

The fact that people think his performance was outstanding astonishes me. We really need a proper striker. His end product was horrible and that to me means his performance was just average

Outstanding would be him putting away a few of the chances he didn't take.

thank fuck, i thought i was the only one

i would kick him out asap before he costs us more points . and the longer he stays , the longer we are subject to his bs wages.

dont beat a dead horse. get a new one

I agree we should get rid of, but in the world will give him those wages? If we accept a bid, he probably would just refuse the other team's contract offer.

We should keep him as our second-choice forward in the future. Even if he stays until he's 35, we need to see some bang for our buck. A £50 million investment who has only scored 41 goals in 151 games... we can't let him go until he's at least reached 60 or so goals for us. Surely?

Just under a million a goal. That sounds like a decent return alright...not to mention his ridiculous wages.

Has Alex been hacked? Or is he still drunk from New Years? :ph34r:

I'd rather have a shit goal return while trying to develop someone like Bamford instead of giving Torres another contract he doesn't deserve.

Just under a million a goal. That sounds like a decent return alright...not to mention his ridiculous wages.

Has Alex been hacked? Or is he still drunk from New Years? :ph34r:

I'd rather have a shit goal return while trying to develop someone like Bamford instead of giving Torres another contract he doesn't deserve.

:lol: Haha, part of me just wants to give Torres another chance. But my head keeps telling me he's no good for us.

BUT, I bet any of you he goes elsewhere and goes back to being a 20-a-season striker. Bastard!

:lol: Haha, part of me just wants to give Torres another chance. But my head keeps telling me he's no good for us.

BUT, I bet any of you he goes elsewhere and goes back to being a 20-a-season striker. Bastard!

Only if he gets 65 games with 2/3rds of them being 90 minutes like he did in 12/13, and even then it would be touch and go.

He was finished before he signed for us, we just thought it was a poor bit of form and he needed a new challenge.

Yeah, in a top game when we are desperate for a goal and need a super sub lets put on Torres!!!