Fernando Torres

This annoyed me no end. Ramires was the one with the ball, and Ivan made the much better run, timing it right. All Ramires had to do was either slide it to Ivan, for a clear shot on goal, or go to his left, as the defender was going right, preoccupied with Ivanovic. But instead, he seemed to remember that Torres scoring is the ultimatum - he went out of his way to pick out Torres, a much worse option. Not even just because it was Torres, it was a harder pass, and he was further from goal, less likely to score. And, because it was Torres, of course he fluffed his lines and sent it to Row Z. We treat him like a baby sometimes. Maybe next time we get a penalty we should let him take it, patronise him more.

Exactly. It could be that Ramires was just indecisive or whatnot, but Torres was clearly the second or third best option. I saw Ivanovic (or was it Hazard? They both have rather lardy asses) coming miles away from a better position and I was sure Rambo was gonna pass to him, but no. He stalled for too long and chose a worse option. I can't help but think that perhaps it was done on purpose to cater Torres. What was worse though was his shot, absolutely abysmal, no accuracy whatsoever.

Makes you wonder what sort of tests were implemented before the £50m signing, if any. Simple ones like does he have the same pace ?

Would prefer Paul Furlong at the moment

I doubt they even did a proper medical. Rumor has it Liverpool feared he would be sent back on deadline day after Chelsea took a proper look at his knee.

Exactly. It could be that Ramires was just indecisive or whatnot, but Torres was clearly the second or third best option. I saw Ivanovic (or was it Hazard? They both have rather lardy asses) coming miles away from a better position and I was sure Rambo was gonna pass to him, but no. He stalled for too long and chose a worse option. I can't help but think that perhaps it was done on purpose to cater Torres. What was worse though was his shot, absolutely abysmal, no accuracy whatsoever.

In Torres' defensive, Ramires' pass was poor, Also he took too many touches. Was a stupid decision though to pass it too Torres, Alright he's not scoring so he tried to help him out. But should of down the right thing and played the easier pass to Ivanovic who had made plenty of effort to get it...And had he got it, We probably would of scored!

Makes you wonder what sort of tests were implemented before the £50m signing, if any. Simple ones like does he have the same pace ?

Would prefer Paul Furlong at the moment

That's the root of the problem, just like it was mentioned in that article someone posted a week back. On many occasions you can see him put the ball past the defender to chase it down, but when players like Collins and Milner can catch up with him, then he has a problem.

Benitez just said in his press conference that Torres scores a lot of goals in training. Maybe we don't need another striker after all, El Golscoro is back! :ph34r:

Yeah, he means when the other players have left the pitch and there's just him and 2 empty nets.... Even he doesn't miss then...

Add in some team-mates, some opposition and a tiny bit of pressure = FAIL

The guy has the worst mental strength I have ever seen on anybody, it's actually laughable - he needs to go see a hypnotist or something...

Yeah, he means when the other players have left the pitch and there's just him and 2 empty nets.... Even he doesn't miss then...

Add in some team-mates, some opposition and a tiny bit of pressure = FAIL

The guy has the worst mental strength I have ever seen on anybody, it's actually laughable - he needs to go see a hypnotist or something...

You do realize I was being sarcastic?

All Benitez talked about during his press conference was the ladyboy. Chelsea FC really has turned into Torres FC and no we even the manager to fit right in. :rant:

You do realize I was being sarcastic?

All Benitez talked about during his press conference was the ladyboy. Chelsea FC really has turned into Torres FC and no we even the manager to fit right in. :rant:

Of course - I was also being sarcastic... Even I would look fucking good in training :)

Chelsea FC sign me as your striker : I am 18 years old, i am 184 cm and i am 76 kg and i play for VUC FC as a striker and i would own Torres if i was the Chelsea striker.

Im 75 175cm 70kg retired from playing rugby almost 40y ago as a defender I would own Torres without breaking sweat

He will only insist on staying whilst he's first choice. The moment we get someone better in and he isn't playing he'll soon throw a strop and hopefully fuck off.

And the article says he insists he's been a success?! Us winning the champions league does not make him a success, he's just lucky he was here at the time getting a 'piggy-back' off Drogba!