Fernando Torres

Rafa Benitez says Fernando Torres not solely to blame for Chelsea's lack of goals

http://www1.skysport...s-lack-of-goals

This is bullshit, Benitez is now going to drag the rest of the team down with Torres. Torres' problems, has now become the entire team's problem. I knew they already were, but there's no need for this. This is attacking every other player's confidence, especially the trio, and that's the last thing we need going into the WCC: Mata, Oscar and Hazard questioning themselves.

Can anyone see now why I called Torres a cancer???

Already against Fulham I noticed some of the trio were trying to find Torres in tight situations, especially Oscar. If they start concentrating more on Torres and less on the team, we will end up like Liverpool did, except in addition to no trophies we won't have a striker either.

But I do like those words:

He said: "My idea is to use the squad. We have too many players playing almost every game and the other players did not have too many minutes.

Rafa Benitez says Fernando Torres not solely to blame for Chelsea's lack of goals

http://www1.skysport...s-lack-of-goals

This is bullshit, Benitez is now going to drag the rest of the team down with Torres. Torres' problems, has now become the entire team's problem. I knew they already were, but there's no need for this. This is attacking every other player's confidence, especially the trio, and that's the last thing we need going into the WCC: Mata, Oscar and Hazard questioning themselves.

Can anyone see now why I called Torres a cancer???

But he is right. All three of them have wasted shitloads of golden opportunities to get us back on on track with the certainty of a sleepwalker. They fuckin have to work on their finishing.

I hope it's raining a lot tomorrow:

That water puddle should get an assist for that. I remember "experts" saying stuff like Torres is a master because he reacted and turned so quickly and bla bla... lol. I can bet everything that he would have overdribbled, fallen over or misfired had the puddle not been there. There was no one to contest that ball once it had stopped. His one and only goal in the second half of 2010-2011 season was a freak of nature.

I have to admit I'm still emotional watching this.

This whole thing, the Torres Chelsea marriage is a massive shame. 50 mil, one of the very best, and scored 2 brilliant goals against us just before joining Chelsea, to the biggest flop after 2 years...big sigh.

I wanted him to shine at Chelsea, I still do, but unfortunately I seriously doubt he ever will. I don't blame him though and certainly won't personal attack him like some of the guys here did because I believe he did try and outside of football he is genuinely a nice lad.

I just hope this "marriage" will end up not too ugly. He should realize it just doesn't work sooner than later and part us peacefully, for both Chelsea and himself sake.

That water puddle should get an assist for that. I remember "experts" saying stuff like Torres is a master because he reacted and turned so quickly and bla bla... lol. I can bet everything that he would have overdribbled, fallen over or misfired had the puddle not been there. There was no one to contest that ball once it had stopped. His one and only goal in the second half of 2010-2011 season was a freak of nature.

I remember the experts saying he was lucky the puddle was there, but IMO this is actually a well taken goal, even though you are probably right, Torres funny habit of always going right in front of the keeper when on goal usually result in the goalie saving his effort, cos of the improved angle, except of course, you are Shay Given.

But I think this Darren Campbell is right in all aspects, except that "sprinting is relaxation" stuff. He probably means sprinting in the game is effortless, cos u a focused on the ball not sprinting itself, but if u want to get faster u have to train running as fast as u can maintaining concentration and giving it your all, which is about the most straining thing you can do for a few secs. If he is right, there are no individual training concepts this is a huge problem of our training systems in general but nothing he is to solve. Sprint training is no rocket science, some squats with about 1.5 to 2 times your bodyweight and a series of short sprints with 5 rests in between have always done for me. I think Torres problem is mental as well, as he does not dare to do things he has done for liverpool, cos he fears injuries, he is inhibited in everything he does hence can not follow his instinct which have made him so great.

I have to admit I'm still emotional watching this.

This whole thing, the Torres Chelsea marriage is a massive shame. 50 mil, one of the very best, and scored 2 brilliant goals against us just before joining Chelsea, to the biggest flop after 2 years...big sigh.

I wanted him to shine at Chelsea, I still do, but unfortunately I seriously doubt he ever will. I don't blame him though and certainly won't personal attack him like some of the guys here did because I believe he did try and outside of football he is genuinely a nice lad.

I just hope this "marriage" will end up not too ugly. He should realize it just doesn't work sooner than later and part us peacefully, for both Chelsea and himself sake.

Not enough. Walking 80% of the time, try to do crazy and impossible things, like pass 3+ players, complaining all the time..

Talking about the stat ofc.

It's good to see these kind of stats floating around here, maybe it will help the people still hanging on Torres balls to see that he is shit.

People who still stick with Torres are fanboys, stats wont open their eyes.

God damn. Must admit very good finish considering the conditions. I was right behind the goal for this and you cannot really see how much the ball curls on the video but it curles a whole lot. Also out of my whole time in living in the UK that weather was the worst i have ever seen it. The lights in the stadium were turning off and all.