Fernando Torres

Back in 2011, I never understood the hype around him, and never understood why the club were going to pay 50m for him, nor I understood why many people were happy with the situation.

Even with his Liverpool's form, he wasnt worth that money. I mean the guy is a top 4 world transfer fee. It was 50 fucking millions. Back them he was overrated, right now he is a disaster.

Torres perhaps is the most overrated player of modern football, he is a son of the youtube and FIFA XX and PES 20XX generation. Is the typical player that is good, but somehow people make him look like he is way better than he actually is.

I remember some people saying that he was so good, that was worth even more than 50m, others saying that he was so famous around the world that he would sell shirts enough to pay his transfer. To be honest I only found out that there were people who believed he was that good by the time of the this stupid transfer.

Back in 2011, I never understood the hype around him, and never understood why the club were going to pay 50m for him, nor I understood why many people were happy with the situation.

Even with his Liverpool's form, he wasnt worth that money. I mean the guy is a top 4 world transfer fee. It was 50 fucking millions. Back them he was overrated, right now he is a disaster.

Torres perhaps is the most overrated player of modern football, he is a son of the youtube and FIFA XX and PES 20XX generation. Is the typical player that is good, but somehow people make him look like he is way better than he actually is.

I remember some people saying that he was so good, that was worth even more than 50m, others saying that he was so famous around the world that he would sell shirts enough to pay his transfer. To be honest I only found out that there were people who believed he was that good by the time of the this stupid transfer.

Tbf there was a time when he merited the hype. Along with the likes of Drogba, Eto'o and Adebayor he represented the perfect modern day centre forward, he had it all. He had the electric pace, he had the physical strength, he had the technique and he had the killer touch. He was a genuinely great player for club and country. Injuries simply took their toll, he warned that he would be burned out if he played in the Premiet League for long and it happened quicker than he expected. Like Michael Owen, knee injuries robbed him of his all important pace and he hasn't been able to adjust his game and as a result he is never as confident as he was. He was a great player, we just got him too late.

I've now officially lost all hope in him. I'm not saying I don't support him anymore, because I will support him for as long as he plays for Chelsea, and I still like him but it's over now. It's just not going to work.

And those stats are just shocking. What a total disaster, I can't even believe this happened to a player like him.

what ive been really questioning is Torres movement

he is really poor, terrible, awful in WBA match

but why his movement is like that ??

he always drop deep, moving deeper

almost never runs forward, and not move active to find space

to annoy, distract, or make defender busy

that is terrible thing

as a striker he often not threathning at all

is it RDM instruction to make he often move deeper

or is torres stupidity

because with that, you hardly get the space, get the space to do something on the ball

you hardly to get a chances to score (even his finishing in doubtfull too recently)

???

Tbf there was a time when he merited the hype. Along with the likes of Drogba, Eto'o and Adebayor he represented the perfect modern day centre forward, he had it all. He had the electric pace, he had the physical strength, he had the technique and he had the killer touch. He was a genuinely great player for club and country. Injuries simply took their toll, he warned that he would be burned out if he played in the Premiet League for long and it happened quicker than he expected. Like Michael Owen, knee injuries robbed him of his all important pace and he hasn't been able to adjust his game and as a result he is never as confident as he was. He was a great player, we just got him too late.

Yeah, he was no doubt a great player. He wasn't worth the money we paid Liverpool, especially considering the form he was in at that time, but he was nonetheless a magnificent player. I remember that time Torres scored two stunning goals against Cech for Liverpool at the Bridge (if I'm not wrong). The second one, the one he curled in from outside the box past Cech, who was rooted to the ground, especially, was one of the best finishing touches I had ever seen. He wasn't just a great finisher, he also had the audacity, which he's completely lost. Looking at how reluctant he is to take a shot, you have to wonder how quickly someone can turn so get so bad so fast.

Yeah, he was no doubt a great player. He wasn't worth the money we paid Liverpool, especially considering the form he was in at that time, but he was nonetheless a magnificent player. I remember that time Torres scored two stunning goals against Cech for Liverpool at the Bridge (if I'm not wrong). The second one, the one he curled in from outside the box past Cech, who was rooted to the ground, especially, was one of the best finishing touches I had ever seen. He wasn't just a great finisher, he also had the audacity, which he's completely lost. Looking at how reluctant he is to take a shot, you have to wonder how quickly someone can turn so get so bad so fast.

He's actually been getting worse for the past 2 years. The decision to buy Torres made no sense. He was clearly a player on the decline. I think Roman bought him so that he couldn't score goals against us for Liverpool.

He's actually been getting worse for the past 2 years. The decision to buy Torres made no sense. He was clearly a player on the decline. I think Roman bought him so that he couldn't score goals against us for Liverpool.

That's true, but I just checked the date of the match I was talking about, and it was November of 2010, only two years ago. Even though he has been declining for some time now, it's really surprising to see he's gone from someone who can produce something magical like that to someone who consistently misses on clear cut chances in just two years.

Flopnando torres has set the bar so low that sturridge is getting praised for missing chances :fainthv9:

If you bother to read the Sturridge thread with a brain, you'll see Sturridge is getting praised for being a threat - no one is praising him for missing the changes.

If you bother to read the Sturridge thread with a brain, you'll see Sturridge is getting praised for being a threat - no one is praising him for missing the changes.

If u read properly u know I was sarcastic and not in anyway blaming sturridge.