Fernando Torres

He has made a mockery of himself by prematurely saying he'd fill Drogba's boots. That statement has come to backfire him big time. He's a mental masochist. He finally was free from Drogba's big black shackles and able to do his own, yet he decided to forever cast Drogba's lurking shadow on himself by saying things like that. He was never going to be able to shine his boots, let alone fill them, but he willingly wanted to make a joke out of himself.

I think he wants to get out of Chelsea as soon as possible. He realized a long time ago he has nothing here, thus he looks uninterested on the pitch and completely foolish in the media (the "I didn't care if we lost" story was especially blatant). He wants and needs to go, it's obvious.

I have actually grown to seriously dislike him, and that has never happened to me with a Chelsea player before in nearly 2 decades.

I hate lots of things about him. I can't decide if it's because he the worst player at the club right now or because I'm a cynical bastard.

I hate lots of things about him. I can't decide if it's because he the worst player at the club right now or because I'm a cynical bastard.

It started when he moaned about not playing in the CL final, then acted like the number 1 forward role was his right, the straw that truly broke the camels back was the he didn't care comments.

It started when he moaned about not playing in the CL final, then acted like the number 1 forward role was his right, the straw that truly broke the camels back was the he didn't care comments.

Not to forget the moment when he refused to sit on the bench and went right to the locker room instead.

Btw did he actually get punished for that incident? Probably no?!

Not to forget the moment when he refused to sit on the bench and went right to the locker room instead.

Btw did he actually get punished for that incident? Probably no?!

I also cant stand how he has affected the club. I was sat in the MHL lower against Sunderland when Torres hit the bar and Frank put in the rebound. We all thought Torres scored the goal wild celebration's around me when it was announced as Lampard's goal the whole stand fell silent and was like "ooohhh", embarrassing.

I also cant stand how he has affected the club. I was sat in the MHL lower against Sunderland when Torres hit the bar and Frank put in the rebound. We all thought Torres scored the goal wild celebration's around me when it was announced as Lampard's goal the whole stand fell silent and was like "ooohhh", embarrassing.

As Peace. pointed out a couple of months ago, these double standards with Torres and any other Chelsea player are ridiculous. It's just as if he's allowed to do what he wants and other guys will get blamed for making a small mistake by some "fans".

Maybe the people just wanted to see him score? I mean it is a collector's item being to a game where he scores. It's a story to be told to your offspring.

But it is actually a disgrace. Wanting a cancerous figure to score more than a genuine club legend aiming for a record. I hear he has his own banner at the Bridge? Mind boggling.

It's time for the nonsense to stop. We don't need to pretend that Torres is still a good player just because he plays for our club. Fandom need not be blind, and it's entirely possible to support the club without deluding yourself as to how good the players actually are. Here's the simple truth: Fernando Torres is toast.

Every single excuse has been an exercise in denialism. Torres came with an injury? Fine. Summer rest produced a clean bill of health, and no real change in Torres' form. He doesn't work well with Chelsea's muscular style? Two managers and one sea-change in style later, and Torres remains astonishingly poor. Not enough service*? Say hello to Juan Mata. That didn't help? How about Eden Hazard and Oscar? Too much competition? Turns out getting rid of Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Salomon Kalou didn't help, nor did pointedly not bringing in reinforcements over summer.

Those excuses were never reasonable. But Torres was indulged -- Chelsea don't want to have made a 100 million mistake any more than the fans want him to fail -- and every single possible angle was tested. Here's the last thing to check: Maybe it's Torres, not the service, or the competition or the style. Maybe Fernando Torres is no longer a good enough football player to get regular minutes for this team.

Full article can be found by clicking on the link below.

http://www.weaintgot...-torres-is-done

Maybe the people just wanted to see him score? I mean it is a collector's item being to a game where he scores. It's a story to be told to your offspring.

But it is actually a disgrace. Wanting a cancerous figure to score more than a genuine club legend aiming for a record. I hear he has his own banner at the Bridge? Mind boggling.

He has his own banner before he kicked a ball, Drogba hasn't got one yet :doh: