Fernando Torres

We Chelsea fans are such extremists. We either defend Torres beyond reason or bash him beyond reason.

My take on Torres has not changed for over a year: I think it best if he leaves, and I rarely want him to start, but when he's on the field I still cheer him on and hope he performs well.

My take on Torres has not changed for over a year: I think it best if he leaves, and I rarely want him to start, but when he's on the field I still cheer him on and hope he performs well.

I don't think anybody actually wants him to be bad, that would be counterproductive. The thing is our hopes are rarely answered, his every goal costs nearly 3 million pounds.

I don't think anybody actually wants him to be bad, that would be counterproductive. The thing is our hopes are rarely answered, his every goal costs nearly 3 million pounds.

I get it, but there is no point whining and cursing every time he's on the pitch and slating him before the match even starts. He's, for now, a Chelsea player and we have to get on with it when he plays.

He's a cancer to this club. Him playing below expectations has played a big part in the sackings of three of our previous managers. I can only hope that Abramovich isn't stupid enough to appoint the one manager that has got the best out of Torres in recent years, the clown that is Rafa Benitez.

So if we get Rafa that means Torres stays at least till summer. It's also possible Toro Rosso will up his game a bit after reunion with his papa, so he will not even get shipped in summer. Then he will stink again under Guardiola, lose against WBA, get benched and Pep gets sacked.