Fernando Torres

Don't know what some of you were watching but Torres was absolutely awful today, the amount of times he fell over or fell over the ball, miss controlled, fucked up great opportunities etc was madness. So many times we broke on them and every time he wasted the chance by losing the ball in some pathetic way. I'm delighted he scored, it was a very clever finish, i love it when he scores but there's no doubt that his performance apart from the goal left a lot to be desired. He tried very hard though and never let their players settle but with the ball, he needs to be more clinical. He always seems to be caught in 2 or 3 minds what to do.

He played better last season without the goals. This year he seems to be getting the goals. Let it continue.

Don't know what some of you were watching but Torres was absolutely awful today

Really? i thought it was one of his best games for us... and i'm sure most would agree.

He scored, held up the ball nearly every time, and ran for the whole game, he should be applauded.

I support all of our players. Like I did Wembley and like I did in Munich.

You don't like Torres and you make that clear. He could score a hat-trick next game and you'd still criticize him.

So if he scores a hat-trick next game, and then scores like 3 goals in 15 games, hes still good? Decent? Should be kept?

So if he scores a hat-trick next game, and then scores like 3 goals in 15 games, hes still good? Decent? Should be kept?

That's the manager's decision, not mine. But what I can say is that if Torres never scores for us again, I'll support him and get behind him until the day he is no longer is with the club, and I'll wish him the best in the future. Chelsea have seen players of all levels come and go, but as far as I'm concerned, if somebody works hard for the club, they deserve respect. This isn't about Fernando specifically, or any other player. The name on the back of the shirt means nothing, the badge on the front of it means everything. No player fails on purpose.

If Torres was really back to his best we would've won 6-1 with the amount of times we broke with him. I'm always one of the guys to back him and make excuses for him but I genuinely thought, goal aside he was terrible in posession. He messed up that chance to put us 2-0 up and every other time if you watch the match properly especially in the 2nd half he had a brilliant chance to break away and he either fell over the ball or got easily tackled. If he didn't score, he'd be getting dogs abuse on here like always. I do believe though with that starting XI, he has a big chance to have a good season. We need him now more than ever and his goal against Arsenal should bring him a bit more confidence. I still believe he didn't look so confident on the ball yesterday. The score could've been more emphatic in the 2nd half if he had converted his good positioning which he still lacks.

That's the manager's decision, not mine. But what I can say is that if Torres never scores for us again, I'll support him and get behind him until the day he is no longer is with the club, and I'll wish him the best in the future. Chelsea have seen players of all levels come and go, but as far as I'm concerned, if somebody works hard for the club, they deserve respect. This isn't about Fernando specifically, or any other player. The name on the back of the shirt means nothing, the badge on the front of it means everything. No player fails on purpose.

wonderful line ....name on back means nothing ..its the badge on the front .......sums up things perfectly