Fernando Torres

Torres has been shit for most off our games for us that is the bottom line, ok he may work hard but that leway isn't granted for Kalou so why should it be for the 180k a week man?

What's with all this 'Kalou works hard for us' nonsense... he doesn't.

Even this shit Torres is miles better than Kalou.

I have to ask you this question, is Kalou paying you to stick up for him?

I find it amazing that in a game where we are trying to break down a 10 man Stoke team at Stamford Bridge whose sole intention is to park the bus and with the manager making 3 (seemingly) tactical substitutions in an effort to find a goal, Torres is left on the bench. He has had some pretty low ebbs here but today might be the lowest. These days, he isn't even considered a decent impact sub, to bring on and find a goal. If he isn't even a decent impact sub then what in the name of God is he doing at the club? He cost 50 million pound, he is on monster wages and yet he isn't even worth bringing on when chasing a goal? It is well and truly time for him to go.

He should have played a part today. I agree with the substitutions but the first XI was abysmal so we should have been able to save one substitute and use it to bring Torres on. Mata, Sturridge & Torres ALL left out?!?! That's crap. You have to play at least ONE of them.

He should have played a part today. I agree with the substitutions but the first XI was abysmal so we should have been able to save one substitute and use it to bring Torres on. Mata, Sturridge & Torres ALL left out?!?! That's crap. You have to play at least ONE of them.

Thing is, I dont think you do. Torres has done nothing to justify inclusion in the side, Mata and Sturridge are key players (Mata probably being the key player in the whole side) but aside from his pricetag, there has been nothing else that makes Torres warrant a starting place, Drogba scored today and played quite well, he fully deserves his place ahead of Torres.

Thing is, I dont think you do. Torres has done nothing to justify inclusion in the side, Mata and Sturridge are key players (Mata probably being the key player in the whole side) but aside from his pricetag, there has been nothing else that makes Torres warrant a starting place, Drogba scored today and played quite well, he fully deserves his place ahead of Torres.

I don't mind Torres being on the bench. But the fact that the other 2 were there itself automatically means that 2 substitutions are used up.

Why were Mata & Sturridge on the bench? Especially Mata? Premier League should be our priority.

RDM plan worked. We got three points and our two main players got a well deserved rest in stead of 270mins in 10 days. And, to get back on topic, we managed to not play Torres; lets hope the stories about him stop for a couple of days.

Don't worry RdM is resting him for the Napoli game where he will lead us to victory !

You never cease to amaze me.

From a neutral perspective, and because I didn't watch the match, how good was Drogba's contribution? How was it compared to Torres' last Tue? And more importantly how useful was Lampards? I'm beginning to feel a strike partnership might be the best formation for the rest of the season, especially if the extra man in midfield is of not much use..

What's with all this 'Kalou works hard for us' nonsense... he doesn't.

Even this shit Torres is miles better than Kalou.

I have to ask you this question, is Kalou paying you to stick up for him?

No im just getting bored of all these Torres excuses, he's been shit for us and if he didn't cost £50m his inclusion in match day squad's would cause full scale riots.

From a neutral perspective, and because I didn't watch the match, how good was Drogba's contribution? How was it compared to Torres' last Tue? And more importantly how useful was Lampards? I'm beginning to feel a strike partnership might be the best formation for the rest of the season, especially if the extra man in midfield is of not much use..

He wasn't good imo, wanted him off at half time. He did do three positive things after the break though: A good free-kick that was well saved, pass to Sturridge late in the game, and obviously the goal. Very nice finish.

The rest of the time he was too busy giving the ball away, like his compatriot Kalou.

Lampard played well though, far better than any game he's played in recently.

He wasn't good imo, wanted him off at half time. He did do three positive things after the break though: A good free-kick that was well saved, pass to Sturridge late in the game, and obviously the goal. Very nice finish.

The rest of the time he was too busy giving the ball away, like his compatriot Kalou.

Lampard played well though, far better than any game he's played in recently.

That's what I understand by going through the other threads as well. I honestly think Drogba and Lampard need all the rest they can get and can't and shouldn't start consecutive games. If Torres were in form, I would probably play him as lone striker in the weekend, and pair him with a strike partner in midweek, or something like that..

Yes, when it mattered, the great man came up with the goods, as he has done many times down through the years. As I've said before, I know Drogba isn't the longterm answer but in the short term he remains a hell of a better option than Torres and he proved that again yesterday.

Yes, when it mattered, the great man came up with the goods, as he has done many times down through the years. As I've said before, I know Drogba isn't the longterm answer but in the short term he remains a hell of a better option than Torres and he proved that again yesterday.

You're right, but this has nothing to do with the part of your post I bolded.

You say Drogba played well every single time, even when he didn't.

And you say things like 'great man' etc :lol:

You're right, but this has nothing to do with the part of your post I bolded.

You say Drogba played well every single time, even when he didn't.

And you say things like 'great man' etc :lol:

I cant remember ever saying that Drogba played well every single time. I do think that even when he is having a poor game (by his standards) he is still capable of producing a match winning moment, I also think that even if things aren't going his way his sheer physical presence is a positive to the team.

Ye guilty as charged on that one, Didier has been Chelsea's talisman for the best part of 7 years and will probably go down in history as the clubs greatest ever striker and one of the finest strikers to have played in the Premier League, on top of being an absolute hero in his home country of the Ivory Coast, I think he warrants that "great man" tag.