Fernando Torres

'I asked him if he wanted to take it because he won the penalty,' Mata said.

'He said: "I'm not first on the list to shoot", so that's what happened.

'It was because he forced the penalty and I gave him the chance.

'Robbie [Di Matteo, the caretaker manager] put a paper with who shoots penalties and that was it.'

The world says Chelsea Football Club have ruined Fernando Torres' career but we at Chelsea all know it's the media who have ruined a talent so special!

No, we at Chelsea know he was merely a two seasons wonder.

To all Torres fans in general: If you really wish the best for Torres, you'd want him shipped to Spain back to his beloved Athletico. The EPL is not the best place to recover for a player, especially one on a slump like this.

The funny thing is, Torres is adamant about continuing here...Neither the player nor his fans seem to have a clue..

Well when he plays we can see that his effort is great in terms of his positioning as well as his contribution to the attack...

He's our fukken striker and he's gona fukken play till he scores!

Just read this great analysis (as always) by our friend at carefreechronicles about the penalty that Fernando refused to take.

EDIT: Forgot to post the link :lol:http://www.carefreechronicles.com/2012/03/on-torres-refusing-to-take-penalty.html

The point im trying to make is from the MHL it looked like it went in off the bar and Torres scored, when the announcer said "number 8 Frank Lampard" most of the tier moaned like the goal was disallowed and spent most of the next 10 minutes chanting "Torres Torres", so the guy may suffer from many things at Chelsea but lack of support isn't one of them.

Imagine if Kalou kept getting picked under the same circumstances? their be full scale riot's in the stadium.

True, like you say he gets plenty of support in the stands, its just reading it in hear and the media, pisses me of. Its going to be interesting to see if Drogba stays, because i think if he goes Torres will shine and (i really dont want him too) if Rafa will be our new manager come the summer i think we will see the old Torres, it was quite well known it was pretty much rafa why he went to liverpool.

True, like you say he gets plenty of support in the stands, its just reading it in hear and the media, pisses me of.

We all support him and hope among hope he can get back to his best, but im not going to give special treatment just because he cost £50m, so far he has been a disaster and most games he is absolutely awful.

If he cost £3m and came from FC Twente and scored 5 in 50, were all be cursing his inclusion in the team, harsh but true.

We all support him and hope among hope he can get back to his best, but im not going to give special treatment just because he cost £50m, so far he has been a disaster and most games he is absolutely awful.

If he cost £3m and came from FC Twente and scored 5 in 50, were all be cursing his inclusion in the team, harsh but true.

I don't think it's the amount he cost, it's simply because we all know what he's capable of - he scored against us almost every time, and now struggles to score for us.

Just depressing.

IF things don't look like improving in the remaining 2 1/2 months of the season, think it's best we sell him off. As much as he works hard sometimes, don't think we can wait for him to get back to where he was IF we are to challenge at the very top level again.

Well when he plays we can see that his effort is great in terms of his positioning as well as his contribution to the attack...

He's our fukken striker and he's gona fukken play till he scores!

For the last time...we have someone like that in Kalou as well!!!And that guy actually scores...

Torres has been shit for most off our games for us that is the bottom line, ok he may work hard but that leway isn't granted for Kalou so why should it be for the 180k a week man?

Most of our games Tomo? How many of those appearances are from the bench were Torres gets 10 or 15 minutes or less, in others he gets taken off when there are other players who are having a mare? I'm up with the very best on being critical of our players performances so have no reason to cut him some slack, however when are other CF's aren't scoring either & haven't for the best part of 2 seasons then you have to look deeper than just our out form 50m striker & there lies the problem as the media & fans are too quick to judge without looking at the bigger picture.

I will reiterate what I've said many times on here in that we should change the formation to an all out attacking one as most of the teams we play sit with 10 men behind the ball & hit us on the counter or a set piece, West Brom were the latest to achieve a result like this. We need to get rid of the DM role & 4 or 5 poxy defenders sat with him & play 3 centre backs with 2 wing backs flying up & down, 2 hard working midfielders in the middle & Mata infront of them orchastrating things & then 2 of our Strikers will get lots of service as we are committing more players in advanced positions. The way that Bilbao played last night is exactly how we should play against the sitting teams, my point is the likes Drogba & Torres would start to get more chances created for them instead of feeding of scraps game in game out.

Most of our games Tomo? How many of those appearances are from the bench were Torres gets 10 or 15 minutes or less, in others he gets taken off when there are other players who are having a mare? I'm up with the very best on being critical of our players performances so have no reason to cut him some slack, however when are other CF's aren't scoring either & haven't for the best part of 2 seasons then you have to look deeper than just our out form 50m striker & there lies the problem as the media & fans are too quick to judge without looking at the bigger picture.

I will reiterate what I've said many times on here in that we should change the formation to an all out attacking one as most of the teams we play sit with 10 men behind the ball & hit us on the counter or a set piece, West Brom were the latest to achieve a result like this. We need to get rid of the DM role & 4 or 5 poxy defenders sat with him & play 3 centre backs with 2 wing backs flying up & down, 2 hard working midfielders in the middle & Mata infront of them orchastrating things & then 2 of our Strikers will get lots of service as we are committing more players in advanced positions. The way that Bilbao played last night is exactly how we should play against the sitting teams, my point is the likes Drogba & Torres would start to get more chances created for them instead of feeding of scraps game in game out.

You're right about the lack of chances being created for our strikers. But the point of contention here is regarding Torres' performance. You talk about game-time, but the fact is Kalou gets even less (I'm not going to complain though). You say that even other CF's can't score, but the fact remains it has just taken 2 games for our 34 yr old Drogba to get back on the scoresheet since his return from AFCON. The chances, though meagre, are there. Its just that Torres never makes the most of what he gets.

Allright then just pretend for a minute he didn't cost £50m from Liverpool and was signed for £3m from Twente.

We would be moaning every time this guy was on the bench let alone the first Xl. The bottom line is he just hasn't been good enough.

Allright then just pretend for a minute he didn't cost £50m from Liverpool and was signed for £3m from Twente.

We would be moaning every time this guy was on the bench let alone the first Xl. The bottom line is he just hasn't been good enough.

Whether he cost 3m or 50m its makes no difference whatsoever when you are fed scraps, I cannot disagree that he hasn't been anywhere near the player he was 2/3 seasons ago but there are fundamental reasons why he is not scoring for us, his performances haven't been half as bad as you lot suggest - heck I hope he plays shit throughout every game from now on & starts scoring with a deflection here & there, but then he would get grief for doing nothing else but score! He can't win either way!

You're right about the lack of chances being created for our strikers. But the point of contention here is regarding Torres' performance. You talk about game-time, but the fact is Kalou gets even less (I'm not going to complain though). You say that even other CF's can't score, but the fact remains it has just taken 2 games for our 34 yr old Drogba to get back on the scoresheet since his return from AFCON. The chances, though meagre, are there. Its just that Torres never makes the most of what he gets.

How many goals has Drogba scored this season? Hardly any, yet I don't see too many posts putting his head on the chopping block? Anelka's goal ratio was piss poor too, they can't all be bad players overnight?! Yes he has had some chances but they are very few & too far in-between, I'm pretty sure if Torres was playing for Spurs, Arsenal, Utd & perhaps City then he would be scoring maybe not at the rate he was for Liverpool but certainly more than he is scoring for us. Maybe Shearer is right he may need to move before he recaptures his best form.

Don't think our midfield has the technique, composure to play like Bilbao did against United or the various other La Liga sides they've beaten this season.

I'm guessing you're formation would look something like this:

-----------------------Cech----------------------

-----------Cahill----Luiz-----JT/Romeu--------

Ivanovic--------------------------------------Bertrand/Cole

-----------------Essien---Ramires--------------

----------------------Mata-------------------------

-------------Sturridge----DD/Torres------------

Don't think our midfield has the technique, composure to play like Bilbao did against United or the various other La Liga sides they've beaten this season.

I'm guessing you're formation would look something like this:

-----------------------Cech----------------------

-----------Cahill----Luiz-----JT/Romeu--------

Ivanovic--------------------------------------Bertrand/Cole

-----------------Essien---Ramires--------------

----------------------Mata-------------------------

-------------Sturridge----DD/Torres------------

There's a big difference in that only the biggest teams really open up when we play them so Bilbao have an advantage there.