Fernando Torres

Seriously don't see your logic here. This is ridiculous. Strikers are supposed to score, Sturridge hasn't even been playing as main striker & he's still managed more than Torres.

Ridiculous? Its pretty common to count assists and goals together because the outcome of both is the same. One assist is worth exactly one goal. without the assist theres no goal. So its ridiculous to concentrate on his goaldrought.

Assists + Goals = Score

Torres and Sturridge both have 14 Points

Do you count the spilt header to Ramires's goal as an assist too? Don't remember in which game it was... it will go down as an assist officially, but in reality it was unintended. But sure, Torres's overall play has been better than it was in liverpool.. I think he's managed more assists for us already than in his entire 'pool career. But it still remains that his general play has been poor, and his assists come mainly because he is too afraid to be in positions to score them himself.

Ridiculous? Its pretty common to count assists and goals together because the outcome of both is the same. One assist is worth exactly one goal. without the assist theres no goal. So its ridiculous to concentrate on his goaldrought.

Strikers can also create goals for themselves, something Torres used to be an expert at...

no way he's worth that much now, I doubt he would surpass Robben in price.. 20 million tops maybe but only because of his name

We will not be getting 20-30 million from Torres. I'm sorry but the premiership is a worldwide product now, every club has seen his diabolical stay at Chelsea. What respectable club is going to buy a player who has been playing consistently since he was 17 and a player who is clearly slowing down at the age of 27 because of chronic injuries and a long career for someone his age. Face it dude, we have been fucked over in this deal and WE DESERVE IT.

Well whatever, regardless the price they pay for him, I can still see it happening.

it doesn't matter if he is the one who scores or the one who makes the assist. 10 assists = 10 Goals

But the problem is had he been on the receiving end of those assists he probably would've missed them all. The manchester game is an example of how badly we need a striker to finish our attacks. That's what torres was brought here for and he has failed miserably at it. We don't want him assisting, that's our midfield's job, he should be at the end of the assists.

If those 10 assists show for anything, is that he has lost his strikers instinct and does not have the confidence to shoot.

But the problem is had he been on the receiving end of those assists he probably would've missed them all. The manchester game is an example of how badly we need a striker to finish our attacks. That's what torres was brought here for and he has failed miserably at it. We don't want him assisting, that's our midfield's job, he should be at the end of the assists. If those 10 assists show for anything, is that he has lost his strikers instinct and does not have the confidence to shoot.

Exactly. At least 3 or 4 of those assists have come from his lack of pace and inability to get a shot away. The assist for Mata in the Leverkusen home game & the assist for Kalou away at Newcastle are the perfect examples. The Torres of old would have scored both of those himself. Instead he tumbled his way into the penalty area and his lack of pace allowed defenders to catch up to him and limit the space he had. So he had no choice but to square it for someone else

Listen Idiot, Torres was one of the best finishers in Europe when we signed him. Yes his creativity has got better and I'm over the moon with that because I value assists but we are all massively disappointed with his dire goal record of 3 goals in 33 games. I can let a striker go if he's chipping in with a goal every 3 games but then he's also assisting the players around him but not when he can go from September to fucking February without a goal IN ANY COMPETITION. The thought of FERNANDO TORRES going 1000 mins without a single goal is horrible, this is getting embarrassing.

Listen Idiot, Torres was one of the best finishers in Europe when we signed him. Yes his creativity has got better and I'm over the moon with that because I value assists but we are all massively disappointed with his dire goal record of 3 goals in 33 games. I can let a striker go if he's chipping in with a goal every 3 games but then he's also assisting the players around him but not when he can go from September to fucking February without a goal IN ANY COMPETITION. The thought of FERNANDO TORRES going 1000 mins without a single goal is horrible, this is getting embarrassing.

RACIST

Question: Why does everyone think Torres is a Roman transfer?

It's mainly due to the binary way of thinking that degrades most arguments in all fields to a simple battle of which side will last longer and shall prevail in the public opinion. Obviously it's easier to believe that all "problems" have just 2 causes and build your thoughts on those than to even consider a 3rd option especially when that option is much harder to analyze, as is(/was?) Chelsea's board and its collective decisions.

You'll be surprised at how many people begin their argument with assuming that 1st squad transfers can be done only by either the manager (citing the global phenomenon of Alex Ferguson as the rule) or Abramovich (crediting him only with disaster transfers due to Sheva).