Fernando Torres

That's not an excuse.

Disagree.

Ever since he was a teenager captaining Atletico Madrid at 19 years of age, high expectations were always weighed upon him. Depending on getting the goals and making the penalties. Then his move to Liverpool when it was purely Spanish influenced at the time, another team where it solely depended on him to get the important goals. His status and prestige was on top of the world. Now when your bought for 50mill to a team that expects you to save their season, the amount of pressure is too bare to handle, especially to one who has dealt with it all his life. His confidence only gets worse after worse by each miss that he is coming to a point where he is trying just too hard to fuckin score.

Its a mystery with Torres, AVB believes he can get his confidence up, i on the other hand don't and think he should go back to spain which is truly best for him and our club. But AVB thinks otherwise, oh well. In AVB we trust

Disagree.

Ever since he was a teenager captaining Atletico Madrid at 19 years of age, high expectations were always weighed upon him. Depending on getting the goals and making the penalties. Then his move to Liverpool when it was purely Spanish influenced at the time, another team where it solely depended on him to get the important goals. His status and prestige was on top of the world. Now when your bought for 50mill to a team that expects you to save their season, the amount of pressure is too bare to handle, especially to one who has dealt with it all his life. His confidence only gets worse after worse by each miss that he is coming to a point where he is trying just too hard to fuckin score.

Its a mystery with Torres, AVB believes he can get his confidence up, i on the other hand don't and think he should go back to spain which is truly best for him and our club. But AVB thinks otherwise, oh well. In AVB we trust

He's a professional athlete. He's expected to cope with pressure, and it's not an excuse for him to go 20 games without a goal because of 'lack of confidence'. And frankly, I don't see how pressure alone can do that. It's probably part of it, but it's probably also because he's not a good player anymore.

He's a professional athlete. He's expected to cope with pressure, and it's not an excuse for him to go 20 games without a goal because of 'lack of confidence'. And frankly, I don't see how pressure alone can do that. It's probably part of it, but it's probably also because he's not a good player anymore.

Then why are we having this discussion in the first place?

Then why are we having this discussion in the first place?

You made a list of reasons (all of which were external factors that led me to believe you thought Torres wasn't at fault) why Torres is in a slump, and I had a problem with one of them. So I challenged it and said lack of confidence is not an excuse as professionals are supposed to fight off pressure and not let it affect them so much on the pitch (= his fault for letting it affect him). That's why we are having this nice little intercourse :)

Lack of confidence

I always said it. Its his fault. Confidence is something up to you, you must get confidence. If Torres is suffering from lack of confidence he only has himself to blame.

I hope Didier return as soon as possible, that a true blue legend, perhaps in his last season at this club.

Torres is a mercenary.

I always said it. Its his fault. Confidence is something up to you, you must get confidence. If Torres is suffering from lack of confidence he only has himself to blame.

I hope Didier return as soon as possible, that a true blue legend, perhaps in his last season at this club.

Torres is a mercenary.

The excuses are getting pathetic, it's been to long now, and he misses to many sitters, and he should just hit the damn ball. I havent seen him miss a sitter besides that Man U open goal, but fucking hell at least he took a shot then, when he gets in front of goal he just takes touches, he did at the end of the Newcastle match when we where already 1-0 up and last minute, he could of took a free shot, instead he decided to dribble with the ball a bit then square it to Kalou, and it was 2-0.

It's evident he's playing in a very uncreative team and gets a pass with his back to goal. But lately he's been getting chances and not taking them, yeah sure one chance a game, i do think it's shit but a striker of his calibre and records he should be hitting them and scoring them.

I think AVB is terrible with motivation, look at Meireles, yeah he's not a great player but he's playing abysimal every game, Meireles shouldn't be playing that bad, he's off form, but if he was on form he wouldn't be so great and he wouldn't make our team world class in any way. But he's still off form and playing crap, it's only Ramires who is a good player in our midfield.

He's not confident to shoot the ball, and when he does, he misses, which plummets his confidence even more

That's his main problem, that he is trying too hard to score

Maybe he hasn't got any confidence because he misses the wide open shots?! There's something called "individual class", and that doesn't depend on confidence. It's something you have or don't have. And it seems like he has lost this individual class.

Maybe he hasn't got any confidence because he misses the wide open shots?! There's something called "individual class", and that doesn't depend on confidence. It's something you have or don't have. And it seems like he has lost this individual class.

Elaborate this 'Individual Class'

The excuses are getting pathetic, it's been to long now, and he misses to many sitters, and he should just hit the damn ball. I havent seen him miss a sitter besides that Man U open goal, but fucking hell at least he took a shot then, when he gets in front of goal he just takes touches, he did at the end of the Newcastle match when we where already 1-0 up and last minute, he could of took a free shot, instead he decided to dribble with the ball a bit then square it to Kalou, and it was 2-0.

It's evident he's playing in a very uncreative team and gets a pass with his back to goal. But lately he's been getting chances and not taking them, yeah sure one chance a game, i do think it's shit but a striker of his calibre and records he should be hitting them and scoring them.

I think AVB is terrible with motivation, look at Meireles, yeah he's not a great player but he's playing abysimal every game, Meireles shouldn't be playing that bad, he's off form, but if he was on form he wouldn't be so great and he wouldn't make our team world class in any way. But he's still off form and playing crap, it's only Ramires who is a good player in our midfield.

Stoke away when he fell instead of shooting at a free goal, Blackburn away when he had an open goal in the dying minutes and blazed it over, and Norwich away when he toe-poked it wide from 2-3 yards out.

Stoke away when he fell instead of shooting at a free goal, Blackburn away when he had an open goal in the dying minutes and blazed it over, and Norwich away when he toe-poked it wide from 2-3 yards out.

OH GOD DAMNIT, I DON'T EVEN WANT TO REMEMBER ANY OF THOSE!, and are the rumours true?, is Luis Suarez really in the KKK?.

He needs to be mentally stronger.. he's world class and its like he doesn't know it anymore.

Maybe if he stopped caring so much and didn't let it get to his head he could start playing good football from a technical point of view.

Whens the last time you saw this man having confidence problems? Its all mental

Balotelli.jpg

Play him off Drogba in a 4-4-2 ... with Mata in a free role behind. Harsh on Sturridge but he can, then, come in for Torres if he screws up!!!!

We've tried this numerous times again and again and this doesn't work.

Drogba only plays well in a role where he is a lone single striker... mainly in a 4-3-3 formation.

It's official, on February 11 anno domini 2012, I officially lost all hope in Torres. When I saw he was unable to beat Sylvain Distin, who's not fleet afoot and at the advanced footballing age of 34, in a foot race, that sealed it. I've tried and tried to have faith, blamed it on poor service, pressure, etc., but there will be no return to former glory. Stick a fork in Nando.

Unfortunately, I have no solution. He can rot on the bench collecting a massive wage, or we can sell him for pennies on the dollar (or pence on the pound if you prefer). Neither option is terribly inviting.