UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

If the Spurs had their top players, I doubt Basel would have won.

i know. its just that, even we would be without our frontline ideally for this match. otherwise we would have to play mata and or hazard every game.

any ways done and dusted now. u got your wish. :)

The Spurs game will be probably be played on 8th May. Only free slot available by the looks of things.

And did you change the thread title??

I did... there were too many capital letters, and saying "Basel next in Europa League semi-final" seemed a bit like tautology to me! :lol: Just me being anal, but I changed the thread to match the title of the article I posted on the forum homepage, as I posted a "discuss here" link! ;)

Was gonna be happy with whoever we got but Basel will make for a good game. If the boys give it the usual no interest games tho we wont be going to any european final this year. Basel look a decent wee team and look up for this comp too. On a side note ...Adebayors pen last night...The pen completed the run up (cant use smileys in work so add in your mind the wee man rolling about laughing here)

Does anyone else have the feeling we'll mess up in the final? i know i'm getting ahead of myself, but the CWC and Supercup hasn't filled me with confidence.

We've botched too many finals this season for me to feel absolutely confident about a win. A lot if players attitude towards this cup is a cause for concern too but hopefully we can get our act together and win some kind of silverware (Europa or FA) and get over this lackluster season

I did... there were too many capital letters, and saying "Basel next in Europa League semi-final" seemed a bit like tautology to me! :lol: Just me being anal, but I changed the thread to match the title of the article I posted on the forum homepage, as I posted a "discuss here" link! ;)

Aah I see. Was just trying to keep the title short and simple as possible. ;)

The date and time for the two matches against Basel:

1. The first leg will be played on Thursday 25th April, 8.05pm UK time at St. Jakob Park.

2. The second leg will be played on Thursday 2nd May, 8.05pm UK time at Stamford Bridge.

Have included it in the 1st post if anyone need to check again later.

And I did see the club's official website had the 1st leg to be played at 6pm UK time but BBC, Guardian & ESPN stated it will be played at 8.05pm instead. Am going with that since I doubt the match will be played earlier as it's not in Russia, Ukraine etc UNLESS they want to have the EL semi finals to kick off at separate times. Will inform later if there's any change or not.

I'm honestly pretty confident about this tie. The best outcome we could've hoped for in terms of travel and them being the weakest team left in the competition. They may have upset the odds vs Spurs, but Tottenham's defending over the two legs was absolutely horrible. Definitely made Basel look better than what they are.

We will underrate Basel, we are unconsistent over two legs (allways) and Basel are actualy type of team we have big problems with. They are underdogs, but extremely determinated to win. They will fight and press high, something we have big problems to play against such teams who leave us little space. I wouldnt compare us to Spurs cuz it will be completely different match.

I honestly dont expect too much, Basel will sure work their asses of. We will be typical Chelsea; little work, underrating opponent, rotating squad and that will lead to another home win/draw and away defeat. Goal difference will probably decide the tie...

Basel might be determined to win it.

However, could Chelsea afford to lose with this team ?

I would say. No way. Chelsea are just much better team. Being so far, the players will be motivated to win, I feel

I said, several times here. PL top four much more important for the club. However, since the team is so close, I believe they won´t let this opportunity to win it all. Therefore, I predict nothing but beating Basel. That is going to happen.

Just saw my old boss in the gym and he was wearing his scummy yido shirt. I said with a cheeky smile, 'Chelsea, does the jobs you hate' haha. He didn't look too happy, he just put his headphones on and turned away!