UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Don't really mind who we draw, all three should be relatively easy to beat over two legs if our players take the game seriously. Maybe Basel in the semis and then Benfica / Fenerbahce in the final if we qualify.

Bad memories of the bitter Benfica fans who invaded the forum last year when we played them in the CL and also of the Fenerbahce fans who flooded this place when we sold Meireles to them. <_<

Just like every other competition we have entered this year, except prem and champions league. We should win it from here. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

No, I'm not. But just look at the teams left, some difficult yes, but compare it to what we've faced in the past. I know we're not the same team, but we got a very difficult group in the CL and winning this thing is very doable for our current team...if we show up that is.

We knocked Fenerbahce out the UCL in 2008

We knocked Benfica out the UCL in 2012

They'll want retribution. Basel think they're bad because they beat Man Utd, Bayern Munich and Tottenham. Let's give them a handshake first for today and then knock them out and beat Fenerbahce in Amsterdam after Raul Meireles knocks Benfica out again along with celebration :)

Yeh i remember the last time we played Fener there was so many of the little shitcunts on here the forum went into melt down.

You dont need to go that far, remember when we sold Meireles? :rant:

Don't really mind who we draw, all three should be relatively easy to beat over two legs if our players take the game seriously. Maybe Basel in the semis and then Benfica / Fenerbahce in the final if we qualify.

Bad memories of the bitter Benfica fans who invaded the forum last year when we played them in the CL and also of the Fenerbahce fans who flooded this place when we sold Meireles to them. <_<

Despite that, no one stands out to me more than when Messiesta (or whatever his handle was) joined us here when we faced Barca in the semis.