UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Doesn't really matter who we get, they'll all be a challenge. What's more important in my view is that we play at home in the 2nd leg of the tie. I'm not sure we're 'robust' enough to go away defending a one goal lead with say the opposition having away goal/s. We can still chase a tie at home though if required.

Oh and by the way - "One team in Europe, there's only one team in Europe"

Here's how our upcoming schedule will look like with the SF matches:

21st April - Liverpool(A)

25th April - Semi Final 1st Leg

28th April - Swansea(H)

2nd May - Semi Final 2nd Leg

5th May - Man United(A)

As CHOULO already pointed out, we could definitely do without facing Fenerbahce in the semi final and avoid that long trip to Turkey!

All three teams are good, just don't want to add a trip across Europe to Turkey to our schedule.

My concern is that playing Fener or Benfica would require us to commit a lot of first team players over 2 legs while the champions league race is still on. Not to mention our starters tend to turn off once they go ahead in the Europa League. Much rather play rotated sides against Basel so we can keep the Champions league spot pressure on, and then we can take out which ever team progresses in a final where our players actually turn up.

My concern is that playing Fener or Benfica would require us to commit a lot of first team players over 2 legs while the champions league race is still on. Not to mention our starters tend to turn off once they go ahead in the Europa League. Much rather play rotated sides against Basel so we can keep the Champions league spot pressure on, and then we can take out which ever team progresses in a final where our players actually turn up.

You are underrating Basel immensely. They completely outplayed Tottenham over both legs. All three teams are equally difficult to beat, imo.

You are underrating Basel immensely. They completely outplayed Tottenham over both legs. All three teams are equally difficult to beat, imo.

Basel are no doubt a good team themselves but they are the easiest of the lot. If we get them, then it would provide us a chance to rotate a bit compared to if we get Fenerbahce or Benfica where Benitez is likely to play a full strength side in both games.

Just a friendly reminder. The Spurs played without their offensive line.

Basel are no doubt a good team themselves but they are the easiest of the lot. If we get them, then it would provide us a chance to rotate a bit compared to if we get Fenerbahce or Benfica where Benitez is likely to play a full strength side in both games.

I actually think they are better than Fenerbache. They're very organized and press very well in midfield.

Just a friendly reminder. The Spurs played without their offensive line.

Yes but Basel were very organized in midfield and pressed really well. I actually think Tottenham played well yesterday, but Basel were just better.

I actually think they are better than Fenerbache. They're very organized and press very well in midfield.

I agree Fenerbache would be the easiest tie only bad thing about drawing them would be the travelling. Basel are a good side, Benfica are a very good team and Fenerbache are an average side imo.

Yes but Basel were very organized in midfield and pressed really well. I actually think Tottenham played well yesterday, but Basel were just better.

Basel, played well, I agree.

The Spurs without their key players are not good enough to compete.

It´s like Chelsea without Mata, Hazard or Oscar.