UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Home tie second, that's all we could hope for.

I'd guess that all the other three sides fans were thinking 'we don't want to draw Chelsea', we've a great chance at a second Euro Final in two years and to become only the fourth (I think, not completely sure though) team to have won all three Euro Trophies i.e the old Cup Winners Cup, the Europa League (UEFA Cup) & Champions League (European Cup).

Despite my initial scepticism, I'm up for this now.

No more Leerdammer Cheese (it's got holes in it so it looks Swiss!), Cuckoo Clocks, Swiss Banks (I should be so lucky), Fondue parties for me for a month.

Can't asked for a better draw. Playing arguably the easiest remaining(when compared with the other 2) though still a tough team to beat. A short distance travel and playing the 1st leg in Switzerland first. Nice. :D

Our schedule during that period will then look like this:

21st Apr - v Liverpool(A)

25th Apr - v Basel(A)

28th Apr - v Swansea(H)

2nd May - v Basel(H)

5th May - v Man Utd(A)

Also...

Chelsea have only played 1 Swiss team previously in European competitions - St Gallen in 00/01 UEFA Cup. Lost 2-1 on agg in 1st round.

P.S. Have edited the draws in the 1st post. Posted the date for those matches but just not 100% about the time yet, though it will probably kick off at 8.05pm UK time. Would just wait for confirmation.

Does anyone else have the feeling we'll mess up in the final? i know i'm getting ahead of myself, but the CWC and Supercup hasn't filled me with confidence.

We've fucked up too many times this year to let it happen to us again. I think we'll finish the year strong like we usually do.

Our schedule during that period will then look like this:

21st Apr - v Liverpool(A)

25th Apr - v Basel(A)

28th Apr - v Swansea(H)

2nd May - v Basel(H)

5th May - v Man Utd(A)

Plus we have a home game against Spurs to stick in there somewhere as well... thankfully our progression means that it will be pushed back so late into the season it might even become a "pointless" game in terms of the UCL spots having been moreorless decided already. It won't get played until after the EL final (provided we reach it!), I'm sure.

Plus we have a home game against Spurs to stick in there somewhere as well... thankfully our progression means that it will be pushed back so late into the season it might even become a "pointless" game in terms of the UCL spots having been moreorless decided already. It won't get played until after the EL final (provided we reach it!), I'm sure.

The Spurs game will be probably be played on 8th May. Only free slot available by the looks of things.

And did you change the thread title??