UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

Some stats to throw in...

1. Chelsea have played Benfica twice in European competitions (2011/12 Champions League QF) and won both matches. 3-1 on aggregate.

2. Chelsea have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 1 against Portuguese oppositions in European competitions.

3. Rafa Benitez has faced Jorge Jesus's Benfica previously in the 09/10 Europa League SF. Lost 2-1 in the first leg away from home before winning 4-1 in the return home leg.

4. Rafa Benitez's overall record against Benfica in Europe - P4 W1 L3.

Just too bad we have Torres up front, their CBs are probably the biggest weakness. Very tough game though, we'll have to be at our best to beat them.

You sure? Garay starts for the Argentinian national team and has been very strongly linked with United and other big clubs, he will be a top 10 CB in the world some day IMO (he's only 25 or 26 I think?)

Their fullbacks are much weaker in my opinion, Their left back in particular, I forget his name, but although he looked very pacy and decent in attack, is only 23 and didn't seem the best at defending from what I've seen (not much.)