UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

But how is that possible? Do you have a link where there is a breakdown of our income?

It's because Man City, Arsenal and United all crashed out very early in the CL, and also because we competed in the group stages of the CL.

If we win this game we'll make more money than any other English team made from Europe this season including the Champions League :D

1: Chelsea - €40.9M
2. M.United - €39.3m
3. Arsenal - €34.5M
4. M.City- €32.4m.

Last season we got €59.9m for winning the Champions League, which really, isn't all that much more I believe to a club like us. Good for us :getin:

I believe in that, but I still have 2 questions...

1. How did Arsenal made less money than Utd?

2. Also, why are City so close to the rest (possible UEL Champions and UCL Round 2)?

2. Also, why are City so close to the rest (possible UEL Champions and UCL Round 2)?

1. Arsenal finished lower in the Premier League than United, so they earned less money from the TV pool than United, plus United did better points wise in the groupstages.

2. Similarly to 1, since City won the league, they got more money from the TV pool than Arse + United, and since every English club crashed out of the CL early, the another half of the allocated TV money which is given out based on progress (43.3 million, 28 matches played by Engish clubs, thats about 1,5 million per match) were split kinda evenly, they only got about 3 million more than City from that.

I heard somewhere that club earns more money if they reach final 16 of CL than a club that wins EL. And that is main reason why el is so poor competition.

Could be wrong, but in that case those stats are wrong because both Manu and Arsenal reached next round, while we exit in group stage...

It's because Man City, Arsenal and United all crashed out very early in the CL, and also because we competed in the group stages of the CL.

Yeah, i figured that out but i was under the impression that if you get knocked out of CL, you don't get any money from it but the money earned from Europa is only credited to the club. Looking at the Swiss ramble link BluesMaster posted, club had money coming from participating in UEFA Super Cup (€2.2 million) and the FIFA Club World Cup ($4 million) as well.

So, Chelsea is the highest earning club in England for the 2nd successive season. Brilliant.

Luckaly I've got 2 tickets in section 430 for the Europa League final. I hope to sit between loads of Chelsea supporters. Where are you seated? And is everyone going to meet at Leidseplein, Rembrandtplein of at the Amsterdam ArenA on wednesday?

Luckaly I've got 2 tickets in section 430 for the Europa League final. I hope to sit between loads of Chelsea supporters. Where are you seated? And is everyone going to meet at Leidseplein, Rembrandtplein of at the Amsterdam ArenA on wednesday?

Merged with this Europa League final thread.

Just a reminder, Benfica's title deciding match against Porto starts in 45 minutes.

Strong lineup for them: Artur, Maxi Pereira, Luisao, Garay, Matic, Perez, Almeida, Salvio, Gaitan, Ola John, Lima