UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

For Bayern it would be a disaster to lose again.

For Dortmund, it would only be a bonus to win this final. They've already proven their point by reaching it. And by "their point" i mean their politics. Borussia, as a football club, is a role model and nothing can take that from them, not even a loss.

Nevertheless, I think that we will get dominated by any of them. Even though, I hope that things will change this summer, regarding Chelsea. We just can't keep accepting the opponents to control the game in the important matches. Not with players like Mata, Oscar or Hazard.

The Super Cup game featuring the winners of the Champions and Europa Leagues will be hosted on 30 August in Prague this year. Are you excited to go home?

I've been talking about this from the start. I'm really glad my wish has fulfilled. I'm pretty sure we'll end up facing Bayern. The third time's the charm

Cech is certainly looking forward to a Bayern match!

This is another opportunity to redeem ourselves in this Cup. Our players will be up for the challenge regardless of who we face. It would certainly help if we increase our squad size during the summer window.

Pep vs Jose? Wheeyyyy that will be epic. Honestly after what we did to them last year they'll be out to kill us. Not just beat us but kill us. I am excited though at the anticipation of another Super Cup. Surely the last for Ash, JT and Lamps. Just rather it not be Bayern of all teams tbh.

Scary thought but a perfect platform for us to show the world a new Chelsea. rarely get an opportunity to play in this competitions two years in a row so we have to make the best of it.

Sad to see so many of us that are afraid of Bayern. Now everyone seems to be afraid of Bayern just like they were afraid of Barca a year ago. We are Chelsea and we don't fear anyone. We can beat them again. Even if the players don't show up we will still win like we did against Benfica last night.

Anyway, I believe Dortmund still have a great chance of winning, because they are like us, one of the few teams who aren't afraid of Bayern.

fourthplacetrophy.jpg

They say arsenal is the best club in london--without any european trophy to show for..

We know what we are !!

Champions of Europe..

Best club in London..CHelsea..Chelsea..

I know I was reading that they still think they are the biggest club in London too which is totally bonkers and delusional.

What would be more painful: Bayern losing 3 UCL finals in the last 4 years or Benfica losing 2 consecutive trophies in the 92nd minute? :Goober:

Definitely Bayern.

If Bayern lose this one also, they're really, really fucked. The likes of Schweinsteiger and Lahm would then have lost every big game in the last 5 years (!) which would they would never ever recover from. If you watched Schweinsteiger the first 6 months or so after Bayern lost to us you saw a player who had no confidence at all. He was literally a ghost on the pitch whenever he played. Fair play to him for getting back to a decent form but he's not gonna be able to do that again so this final will be decisive to what's gonna happen with Bayern in the years to come.

I'm guessing there isn't going to be a parade this year?

​If we were the spuds or looserpool, then yes, as well as an exclusive DVD release of just the parade.

How exactly? I don't understand some people, the europa league is still a major European trophy.

Same. Fuck what the world thinks. What I love is that at Chelsea we take every trophy seriously. This is why I get so much satisfaction from winning the FA Cup, for example.