West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

It's not even that - if he were to sign for us and play in the role he's so effective in - which is NOT in the double pivot - we'd have to bench either Mata, Hazard, Oscar or Moses. He doesn't fit into the style of play we are *supposedly* developing.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8298821/Everton-s-Marouane-Fellaini-would-prefer-to-play-as-a-defensive-midfielder

Well it's certainly where he'd rather play. It's pretty easy to say he's more effective up front, considering his form at the moment and the way Everton play to his absolute domination in the air. But I think he was put there because he puts a shift in, because he fights for the ball.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and act like a Fellaini expert and say we need him; but we certainly, on the back of today's performance, need someone in there with a physical presence and a will to win the ball back. Mikel doesn't have either really. Not sure about spending £25-30m on Fellaini though.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDM: Played 8, won 2. A couple shitty draws in there, an also 3 defeats i think.

ucl final? semifinal? win against arsenal and tottenham and top of the table just a month ago all forgotten? all your stat of 8 matches tells me is in 9 matches we would have been w3 d3 l3... still way better than the bloody uninspiring performanced under benitez..

Really, in PL his last 4 games were p4 w0 d2 l2 7 goals conceded.

Is that really that better? well, last season when he got he job Chelsea was in 5th position and end up in 6th. You should say Benitez is not the right man because of the things he said in the past, and you can also say RDM is a legend. To other is side you cant deny RDM record was far from great.

ucl final? semifinal? win against arsenal and tottenham and top of the table just a month ago all forgotten? all your stat of 8 matches tells me is in 9 matches we would have been w3 d3 l3... still way better than the bloody uninspiring performanced under benitez..

1) Free Header at the end of the match

2) Free shot inside the box after Hazard's shot

3) Skied shot after Ramires gave him the ball instead of playing in Ivanovic

4) And there was a weak shot I think before that from a good position

You give these four chances to anyone else at least ONE goal would have been scored.

He should have scored one goal. Nobody is denying that. But

1) Every striker misses more opportunities than they score. Everyone here is gaga about how clinical Falcao is and he has scored 6 goals on 38 shots (not including penalties).

2) We didn't lose because Torres missed.

I want to be clear. I've never though Torres was the right player for Chelsea and was pissed off by all the love he got despite being awful last season and he needs to go, but am just sick of the way people on here want to blame everything on one or two players. Your cataloguing is exactly what happens when people look to do that. If you do that, you can make any single player look at fault for everything.

Last season is the past, i'm only concerned about what is happening right now, and how it is not solely the fault of the 'Fat Spanish Waiter'.

Our situation is not as bad as Arsenal's though. They are in 10th and lost 2-0 at home and Wenger has more boos than Benitez and has completely lost the dressing room and fans trust and for once possibly the board's trust as well. He surely will get the sack

I miss Meireles, our current midfield has been shit lately.

Well, Mereiles was during times last season our worst player. He couldnt even make a simple pass. He could have been a good squad player right now but i still dont think he was good enough for us.

Our situation is not as bad as Arsenal's though. They are in 10th and lost 2-0 at home and Wenger has more boos than Benitez and has completely lost the dressing room and fans trust and for once possibly the board's trust as well. He surely will get the sack

let's swop Rafa for Arsene then :clown:

Last season is the past, i'm only concerned about what is happening right now, and how it is not solely the fault of the 'Fat Spanish Waiter'.

what is happening now is that a team which was under a mild winter slump (remember the last 8 matches that u counted had the united match too, so that should barely even count), anyways, a mild winter slump has been blown into a complete and total and utter devastation for the club.. and yes benitez is majorly to be blamed (along with roman) for the situation we find ourselves in..

i hope so, can't stand his mug on the TV and voice on the radio giving his opinion about EVERYTHING! hopefully their bad play will take the spotlight from Chelsea [just a bit!]

let's swop Rafa for Arsene then :clown:

Haha imagine that, we would end up seeing a youth team in our first 11 and playing tika-tika football and then having an excuse for not winning tophies for years btu Wenger excuse would be he done what Abramovich wants and played good football. Absolutely no for me.

what is happening now is that a team which was under a mild winter slump (remember the last 8 matches that u counted had the united match too, so that should barely even count), anyways, a mild winter slump has been blown into a complete and total and utter devastation for the club.. and yes benitez is majorly to be blamed (along with roman) for the situation we find ourselves in..

And how do you know the situation would not have gotten worse under RDM? right, you don't.

There's every chance we kept on playing badly under him like we have done under several managers during this time of the year.