West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Wenger has done a fantastic job at Arsenal.

He's done a fantastic job for the board.

Personally I think he could've echoed the fans' sentiments and looked for a bit more ambition from the board, but he's been the 'company man'.

I'm not so sure that's what I'd call a fantastic job if I was unfortunate enough to be an Arsenal supporter.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UCL? what are you talking about? are you giving him the credits for last season's triumph under those circunstances? are you serious? so Grant was a heroe because he was so good that got one thing that even Mourinho coudnt?

What are talking about? Arsenal? Last time I checked they were behind West Ham in the table, and what to say about Spurs? We ere in he top of the table a month ago? When RDM got the axe we were in 4th position 5 points behind the leaders.

You really dont realize how pathetic is to compare RDM's record with Benitez, after 3 games and one week on charge? Are you motherfucking serious? why you dont stick with "RDM is a legend and Benitez is fat" argument.

Yes I will give Robbie credit for last season's CL victory. As a club legend he could relate to players like JT and Lamps who were struggling for form when RDM came in, Terry said that himself. He picked up a dressing room with no confidence. We were lucky to win it and the players did play a huge part but it is stupid to think that Di Matteo had no influence.

Just because Arsenal are behind West Ham in the table does not mean that they are easy to beat. Oh my god are you fucking serious? So you are basing your hypothesis that Arsenal are easy to beat at home because of 15 league games in one season? OK by your logic West Brom is a more difficult place to go than Anfield! We beat Spurs, scoring 4 at White Hart Lane and are one of a tiny minority of teams to win there in the last few years.

5 points off top spot, playing with 10 men every game at a time in the season when we have a blip every year, with a team that is just gelling together does not seem too bad to me.

was at the game today. I have never seen our fans so angry. As soon as we conceded each time we turned straight towards the substitutes bench and just hurled abuse at Benitez. We sacked a manager who was, according to some, 'tactically inept'- well who was the tactically inept idiot today who took off Moses (our best player IMO) and Hazard and kept Fernando Lazy wanker Torres up front? Seriously, I never thought I would personally abuse one of our players (and I never will if they put in effort like Kalou did for example) but today, like others, I snapped. I joined in with the 'Fuck off Torres' chant because of his constant absolute zero effort. He jumped for one fucking header! ONE! He missed 2 sitters, made crap passes and stood like a statue while Mata, Hazard and Moses made runs for each other. I have absolutely had it with him. It is one thing trying and failing like Schevchenko but it is an insult to fans who stood by him for a year. I felt hurt that only 4 players came over to us fans to thank us for our support. Disgraceful.

Torres in the only striker we have in the squad right now.

Hazard was shit in most part of the game.

Moses was inneficient in the 2nd half.

Believe, I was in my home, and you probably got he bias for hating Benitez, but yes, Torres was shit and deserves to be abused.

who were the 4 players to thank the supporters?

RDM got a team with spirit, soul and leadership with Terry, Lampard and Drogba, and good squad players like Malouda and Kalou that were together for years. That was a team. Benitez got a bunch of players, with Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Torres as the players that are supposed to make the difference, a team with no passion, with no strong characters, also a small squad.

I really dont know if its his fault that this squad is what it it, but as a coach he was far from great,

malouda and kalou? really the same people who were ridiculed beyond doubt? and whose fault is it that he plays torres? whose fault was it to take off moses today and keep torres. by the way the "squad" options at the disposal of benitez right now are much better than what rdm. who would u take kalou and malouda or marin and oscar... the only thing not there is the leadership but we had it from the start of the season and thru out rdm's time too.

Roman, Board, Directers ,advisers , new style and players all epic fail..................

Rafa benitez 'master tactician' my ass!!

Start of the season was hearing all bullshit about roman wanting sexy football.... What do you think now roman? Sacking a legend and bringing that fat vermin.........to play like this :blink: ??

My only hope for this season now is actually the chance of us staying in the CL somehow after wednesday, get some players in, and do something in that competition. other than that its only getting top 4 spot and win CWC, League cup and whatever... exciting stuff.

My only hope for this season now is actually the chance of us staying in the CL somehow after wednesday, get some players in, and do something in that competition. other than that its only getting top 4 spot and win CWC, League cup and whatever... exciting stuff.

I cant see us getting past the first knock out unless some major improvement happens even if we do get players in..gana be very very tough

Yes I will give Robbie credit for last season's CL victory. As a club legend he could relate to players like JT and Lamps who were struggling for form when RDM came in, Terry said that himself. He picked up a dressing room with no confidence. We were lucky to win it and the players did play a huge part but it is stupid to think that Di Matteo had no influence.

Just because Arsenal are behind West Ham in the table does not mean that they are easy to beat.

Im surprised you are not calling for Benitez's head because it usually only takes a draw to set you off with a 'manager out' protest.

1- Everything you said worked well for that situation, now its another history, we need someone to know how to build a team, not a man that could relate to the old guard, so it has nothing to do with his job in the current season.

2- Arsenal are not easy to beat, but beating Arsenal is a not a big deal as it was 4 or 5 years ago, specially in this season, so the fact RDM "won" a match against Arsenal doesnt mean the italian is a master, so I see no reason to say "a win against Arsenal", as it was a huge achievment for Robbie.

3- Indeed, If I'm not calling for Benitez's head yet, it only shows how pathetic are people doing so.

when Di Matteo left we were 5 points off top spot. By the end of tonight we could be 10 points off top spot.

I don't want to have a go at Robbie because he's a great guy, but the problems in today's result were the same as the one in the Liverpool home game and the West Brom away game.

I hate the way Guardiola is seen as some kind of God. I mean had RDM been managing Barca you would see him breaking all sets of records. Look at Villanova, no prior experience to managing before he took over this season and although they are doing magnificent is there not a similar story brewing... You have Messi... he does all the work for you. Villanova is breaking records with his current Barca team but I find it hard to classify him as a world class manager purely because it is Barca.

That is why I don't have this urge to see Guardiola here because I am sure he would struggle. We have problems and it is clear. Even if we had stuck with Ancelloti I am sure we would be progressing now, he is a very good manager but Abramovich yet again is like a spoilt brat. I am not going to single out Benitez for the loss, there were other problems as well. I still don't think he should manage here but once we got our first win under him I am sure we may go on a run.

It is worrying though that we lost to West Ham 3-1. The introduction of Diame turned the match of boys against men. Never seen a Chelsea team like this before. Worse thing is we suddenly are slowly losing our slot in the top four and eventually could easily fall out of it and we don't look like we will have the Champions League to fall back on. Our next set of fixtures all look winnable tbh but knowing the Prem anything is possible.

malouda and kalou? really the same people who were ridiculed beyond doubt? and whose fault is it that he plays torres? whose fault was it to take off moses today and keep torres. by the way the "squad" options at the disposal of benitez right now are much better than what rdm. who would u take kalou and malouda or marin and oscar... the only thing not there is the leadership but we had it from the start of the season and thru out rdm's time too.

Kalou and Malouda were good squad players. Marin, I really dont know what this guy is about, I really dont think he is any better than Kalou or Malouda. Oscar had a good football in Internacional, but I have to tell you one year ago people knew him because he was involved in off the pitch issues. The guy has a lot of potential, he can turn into a great player, but he can also become as shit as well.

Kalou and Malouda were good squad players. Marin, I really dont know what this guy is about, I really dont think he is any better than Kalou or Malouda. Oscar had a good football in Internacional, but I have to tell you one year ago people knew him because he was involved in off the pitch issues. The guy has a lot of potential, he can turn into a great player, but he can also become as shit as well.

so remember that rdm used the same bunch of players and had a decent start to the season.