Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks,

Not as bad as what everyone is making out then ?

We werent bad first half..2nd half however we were shite.We were lucky to get up to the other end.West Ham were all over us!We should've scored and put away chances..we didnt..and lost 3-1..since 2002 or something daft..and didnt see the whole game as my signal was going mental so half the game was just random pixels or frozen moments.Which was a bit eeek as have ball go towards goal and then freeze and just kinda hope for the best

Only in the first half we were that bad.,we were having chances and decent possion and only at the end did West Ham only got into the game after the dissallowed goal

Second half however we were dire...come out a completly different team...and fell apart completly

Only things left to do now with this formation is to drop Torres then see if Daniel can save us in this formation, if not then a tactical change will be needed (4-3-3)

That depends on whether he can stay fit long enough. Because he always seems to be getting injured when we need him the most.

He should have scored one goal. Nobody is denying that. But

1) Every striker misses more opportunities than they score. Everyone here is gaga about how clinical Falcao is and he has scored 6 goals on 38 shots (not including penalties).

2) We didn't lose because Torres missed.

I want to be clear. I've never though Torres was the right player for Chelsea and was pissed off by all the love he got despite being awful last season and he needs to go, but am just sick of the way people on here want to blame everything on one or two players. Your cataloguing is exactly what happens when people look to do that. If you do that, you can make any single player look at fault for everything.

The funny thing is if Falcao were to lose his goalscoring form, we would be in bigger shit than we are with Torres (hard to imagine, but that's the truth). If ever there was a striker we should try for, Cavani would be a good choice. But he's expensive, and is unlikely to move in Jan.

But seriously what's wrong with Mata and finishing? Miss v Spurs, Miss v QPR (6-1 last season). I agree with a BBC analyst once! Hansen was right we should have been 5/6 up at HT. Lucky West Ham wtf is going on? This is a nightmare.

Torres and Moses were also culpable, not just Mata and let's not forget that he is not a natural finisher even though he probably should have scored it.

He's an attacking midfielder he should have better finishing than what he has displayed.

So? Their main job is to assist and create chances. Scoring comes second and when you compare Mata with other CAMs around, we should already be thankful that he scores than most of the others already.

What is it with technical players and Chelsea? The only times when I was sure we could string meaningful passes together and beat men in 1-1 situations were under Mourinho's first 2 years and the freak period under Carlo. Every other time our flair players seem to be completely different from what they were in their previous clubs or for their national teams. For example Oscar... when I watched him for Brazil I could count bad passes and turnovers on one hand, now even our most creative players are as productive (read: wasteful) as Ramires. Kalou came with high hopes, but he completely stagnated. Sheva, Torres, Kezman flopped - all rather technical pacey players.

Maybe strong bulldozers like Drogba, Essien and Ballack are simply our thing? It's too early to say though, but at the moment everything we do offensively is chaotic. For fuck's sake we got our asses handed to us by Swansea, WBA, Fulham and fucking Wet Spam. This is worryingly close to what Liverpool is doing and now we have their ex gaffer and blonde fuck spearheading our club.

I think some critics need to be directed towards our coaching team. We have been struggling under the same problems for years yet there is little to no progress to be seen. I don't think it's enough to simply change managers, something needs to be changed on a wider scale. Are our coaches good enough?

You have a good point. Some of our players if they were at Man Utd would have not lost all their pace like it seems to happen in Chelsea. I really think our physical preparation is not good, when November come the last years, we are doing bad results.

You have a good point. Some of our players if they were at Man Utd would have not lost all their pace like it seems to happen in Chelsea. I really think our physical preparation is not good, when November come the last years, we are doing bad results.

Hence why Rafa stated the players aren't fit enough...

For a Manager to say that - it must be pretty fucking bad.

If so our coaching team needs an overhaul...

Hence why Rafa stated the players aren't fit enough...

For a Manager to say that - it must be pretty fucking bad.

If so our coaching team needs an overhaul...

More like our board if anything. Who on earth in their right mind will allow the team go into the season with just 2 strikers and then letting go 2 CMs on the last day of transfer window without bringing out any replacements and expect the manager to work wonders with a squad that lacks depth and is unbalanced?!